Am I the only one PO'd about Leia arena release?

123457Next

Replies

• Sadw
    5 posts Member
    Options
    All i can do is laugh cause im f2p
  • Options
    News flash: all toons could potentially become F2P at some point, especially as they add more toons. P2P aren't paying for permanent exclusivity, and they never told you that you were. In fact, most toons, even whale toons, are readily available to F2P if they save their crystals and RNG is on their side. Money gets you speed. That's it. You can get characters before your average F2P, and you can level, star, and gear them faster.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Its not like you get to choose what Chromium shards you get, anyways...
  • senkoujin
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Math-wise:

It takes 330 shards to promote Princess Leia to 7 Stars.

DAILY SHIPMENTS

P2P (Pay-To-Play) Shipments:
    Game Cost: ~30,400+ crystals (including refreshes)
    Real Cost: $200+
    Time Span: 1 day to complete

F2P (Free-To-Play) Shipments:
    Game Cost: ~26,400 crystals
    Real Cost: $0
    Time Span: 8+ months to complete

CANTINA SHIPMENTS

P2P (Pay-To-Play) Cantina Shipments:
    Game Cost: ~81,250+ crystals (including refreshes)
    Real Cost: $500+
    Time Span: 1 day to complete

F2P (Free-To-Play) Cantina Shipments:
    Game Cost: ~26,400 crystals
    Real Cost: $0
    Time Span: 2+ months to complete

NOTE: The above comparison is based on a P2P whale, and a F2P player that accumulates at least 100 crystals daily and spends them only in the Cantina for the 100 crystal refresh only OR (in the case of the Daily Shipments) is saving the 100 crystals each day until there is enough to purchase the shards.

I'd say that patience is a virtue; the move from Daily Shipments to Cantina Shipments shaved around 6 months off the wait for us F2P. I've always been F2P, and I wouldn't dare spend the equivalent of a Playstation 4 or XBOX ONE for a single goddamned toon in a game that's still in beta (so it seems).
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    BetaRay wrote: »
    It's not that I'm angry that f2p now have access to decent character it's the fact that EA just put her shards in the shop not even a month ago for 320 crystals per 4. Could they not put out a post letting us know she'd be f2p in few weeks. I could have bought rex instead and waited. Hope EA enjoys my last transaction because just made a solid p2p into die hard f2p. Have enough crystals banked for 2 months 2-3 extra energy refreshes. My wallet thanks EA marketing.

Use logic in this. Why would ea tell you 3 weeks before leia went f2p so you could stop giving them money for her? Where have you been? Have you been completely blind to ea's greed for like...ever?

Yes because the logical thing to think from EA release a p2p toon to f2p is greed? You are dense dude.
  • Options
    In on Zam potato thread.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    mosdef808 wrote: »
    I said the same thing.. they should give us our crystals back.

No. You pay cuz you want her asap.

It's like paying for crafted items in the shop. You could pay or you can wait until they drop.

The idea of "pay 2 play" is that you are paying to get it sooner than later.

Its like how she was only in data cards. People could pay to get her. OR wait until she becomes free to play.

EA should have given players a schedule of characters that are coming to free 2 play- to avoid your frustration.

But you are always gambling when you choose to pay $ to get something in advance.