Reyne
74 posts Member
Atm I'm using the current team

Lumi 6* (soon 7)
Sid 5*
Poe 5*
JC 5* (69/85 in shards)
Jawa 4*

After I'm done with Lumi I will start farming phasma to replace Jawa. My question is though, should I continue to farm JC shards from cantina battles after I get him to 6*? Was thinkibg maybe I should start farming geo soldier instead. He seems awesome!

Replies

• Options
    Geo soldier.. do it. JC has no doubt helped me in GWs though with his amazing heal cds, but geo is just the way to go in pvp. I cant believe you've ran Jawa this long lol.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Reyne
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well only other ones I have are Talia, Chewie and underworld police all at 4*. Jawa seems the best among them. But yeah will go for Geo then after 6* JC
  • Options
    IF I were you i would finish my JC 7*. All the top players has him 7*. There must be a reason. He has 1000 HP more than Lumi at 7* and he deals pretty dem good dmg. With his basic attack you can reduce the cd's of your characters. I think JC is better option than Geo.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    IF I were you i would finish my JC 7*. All the top players has him 7*. There must be a reason. He has 1000 HP more than Lumi at 7* and he deals pretty dem good dmg. With his basic attack you can reduce the cd's of your characters. I think JC is better option than Geo.

What top player uses consular on their arena team? HIs damage is really average. He's only good for GW.
  • Options

What top player uses consular on their arena team? HIs damage is really average. He's only good for GW.

I've played my arena today so tomorrow i will post here some screens/videos.
  • Options

I've played my arena today so tomorrow i will post here some screens/videos.

k post videos. maybe it'll convince me to 7 star my consular too.
  • Options

Reyne,

One thing to consider is focus on heroes who can help you complete GW as it is the bread and butter for resources such as credits, training droids and mats. Don't know how well you do in GW, but I used to struggle with just three healers in Lumi, JC and Talia (Ashoka doesn't count since her special is so unreliable). One goes down and my chance of completing GW took a significant blow. Once I added a fourth in Daka, it made GW a whole lot easier. I am sure it will become even easier if I can get Barriss.

My point is, Arena gives you some resources and bragging rights, but GW should be your priority.
  • Reyne
    74 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Reyne,

One thing to consider is focus on heroes who can help you complete GW as it is the bread and butter for resources such as credits, training droids and mats. Don't know how well you do in GW, but I used to struggle with just three healers in Lumi, JC and Talia (Ashoka doesn't count since her special is so unreliable). One goes down and my chance of completing GW took a significant blow. Once I added a fourth in Daka, it made GW a whole lot easier. I am sure it will become even easier if I can get Barriss.

My point is, Arena gives you some resources and bragging rights, but GW should be your priority.

ATM I'm actually doing quite well with GW. completing it most of the times. But the thing is arena is also pretty important imho, as a F2P player it's a good income for gems. And I need at team that can defend well. After yesterdays rewards I was at rank 39. 22 hours later when I started doing my 5 battles I was at rank 103. Seems my team isn't the best at defending, so thats why I'm thinking about framing Geo Soldier instead.
  • Reyne
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry for bumping, I do appreciate your replys but I would love to have some more input about this ;)
  • Options
    Does 'geo' refer to geonosian soldier?
  • Options
    Reyne wrote: »

Reyne,

ATM I'm actually doing quite well with GW. completing it most of the times. But the thing is arena is also pretty important imho, as a F2P player it's a good income for gems. And I need at team that can defend well. After yesterdays rewards I was at rank 39. 22 hours later when I started doing my 5 battles I was at rank 103. Seems my team isn't the best at defending, so thats why I'm thinking about framing Geo Soldier instead.

The funny thing with GW is just when you thought you are in a cruise control mode, the game throws higher level teams at you. ;)

As for your question, Genosian Soldier hits hard with his with special and works very well with Poe as he draws fire away from GS. Definitely worth pursuing him. Consider Luke as well. He is slower, but equally lethal and provides more versatility than GS.

In the end, you are only 16 shards away from getting your JC to a 6-star. Why stop? It is always better to finish off something before moving onto the next. Besides, a 1* Genosian Soldier (+6 shards to 2*) is not going to help you much in the short term anyway.
  • Options

JC only reduces his own cooldowns not all characters. JC is good now because he can get to gear 8. After the update he won't be that good anymore in pvp (he reaches gear IX at level 73). I got him to 6* for GW and I'm leaving him at 6. At the moment I'm replacing him in pvp and I don't seem to miss him.
  • Options
    I think everyone have own priority to GW and SA
    In GW, JC is almost a must
    In SA geo soldier is a good choice

After lvl 70, JC isnt that good in SA so if you put SA as more important
    you better Farm geo soldier in these two character
    drop rate is good
  • Options
    Atm I'm using the current team

Lumi 6* (soon 7)
    Sid 5*
    Poe 5*
    JC 5* (69/85 in shards)
    Jawa 4*

After I'm done with Lumi I will start farming phasma to replace Jawa. My question is though, should I continue to farm JC shards from cantina battles after I get him to 6*? Was thinkibg maybe I should start farming geo soldier instead. He seems awesome!

I recently stared JC to 6* and also made the question if its worth the resources to star him to 7*. He is one of the toons with lowest physical damage rating(unless you add up the bonuses for his normal skill attack) and really has no individual edge compared against other toons. He is just a role player. If you feel like replacing him then have him as a side project for GW because when the new update gets here JC will stay behind in gear, you won't be able to update him until the cap after 70 opens up and he will become just a healer in most situations instead of a healer damage dealer like he is now.

My current team is
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 5*
    Dooku 4*
    JC 6*
    Chewie 5*

I'm 70-50rank area on Arena with that trashy low synergy team. Just grinding it out for Arena shipments. I have a 5* Poe also but he's not worth using unless in a good synergized team or after getting him in purple gear.

• Reyne
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FireWater wrote: »
    Does 'geo' refer to geonosian soldier?

Yes :)

Reyne,

The funny thing with GW is just when you thought you are in a cruise control mode, the game throws higher level teams at you. ;)

As for your question, Genosian Soldier hits hard with his with special and works very well with Poe as he draws fire away from GS. Definitely worth pursuing him. Consider Luke as well. He is slower, but equally lethal and provides more versatility than GS.

In the end, you are only 16 shards away from getting your JC to a 6-star. Why stop? It is always better to finish off something before moving onto the next. Besides, a 1* Genosian Soldier (+6 shards to 2*) is not going to help you much in the short term anyway.

Ofc I will get him to 6*, what I meant was efter :) (which I managed to do yesterday btw). But yeah I've decided to go with Genosian Soldier in cantina battles, Think I still will to try and get shards from JCs hard modes though.
  • Options
    I am taking the long view on him. He is serviceable to me now but once Ahsoka catches up to him in *s they will switch between my GW A and B teams. Hopefully my Poe and FOTP are farmed up enough to replace Chewie and JC when JC starts to fall off.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

I do. Always in top 10. The 1-2punch of Lumi and JC are awesome. HP are durable and can take a hit, plus his AOE and heal cool down faster than Lumi.
  • Options
    Have to point out in the higher end servers very few teams are running jc and lumi in arena. In my server none of the top 20 are.

Jc is worth Luling for a gw backup healer. But apart from that not much else.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Leveling JC has a lot to do with your plans. If you plan to max out Phasma first, or Poggle, then you might need JC with better gear/stars, as you won't max Lumi as fast as others
  • Options
    Im doing quite well in gw, Lumi is 90/100 shards now, so i will soon start with Phasma :). Seems I dont need a better JC atm, but I as wrote before I will probably keep farming his hard modes. Just not from cantina battles
  • DarkHaven
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've played since the first day of hard launch and atm I have a max sid,lumi, 6* phasma, and I left JC at 5* to work on Kylo who is now 5* and halfway to 6*. I found that I can manage my GW battles which are more or less almost always level 60 teams after the first 3 battles are finished, the last six giving 5-7* purple geared teams. I'd work on geo after getting JC to 6*, he won't be much of a big game changer once that patch hits and he can't get better gear while other characters can. Geo seems to be a good solid damage dealer and he does synergize a bit with phasma with his Swarm attack (assist skill). I've also managed to place top 10 almost everyday with JC in my lineup although I'll probably be replacing him once i get the replacements up to par.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • Options
    I would stop farming for JC after 6*. He is going to fall off hard after the level 70 update since he won't get any new gear.
  • Options

Reyne,

GW was only a problem for me in my late 40's. I'll take both resources and bragging rights.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »

I do. Always in top 10. The 1-2punch of Lumi and JC are awesome. HP are durable and can take a hit, plus his AOE and heal cool down faster than Lumi.

You're probably in a weaker server. When I say top player, I mean a top player in a pay to win server.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Believe me, my server has plenty of p2p. I have a maxed out 7* Sid, Lumi, JC, and Kylo Ren on my team. I am easily able to take out teams with Leia and FOTP without losing a single toon.
  • Options
    Em can you screenshot your roster?

I find it hard to believe is all...
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thundergod wrote: »
    I would stop farming for JC after 6*. He is going to fall off hard after the level 70 update since he won't get any new gear.
    This.
    Personally, I stopped farming him at 5*. Enough to still finish GW every day with heal at skilllvl 6. Might bring him to 6* one day, just cause i think 6* is the sweet spot for situational characters like him, not now tho. I doubt he will ever be able to see the arena again. Solid but basic kit paired with average stats won't cut it anymore. There is just so much more ( fun ) stuff out there. He simply pales in comparison.
    Plus there's probably another Dark Side healer incoming anyway. Should render him pretty much obsolete.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Right now I'm lvl 48 and I'm cruising through GW without using JC at all. Barris + Luminara keep me safe, specially with Barris as a leader and using relatively tough damage soakers like HK-47 and Fives. But I'm thinking about leveling him anyway, as I'm not going to upgrade Barris and I'm not sure if I'd need him later
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Vomiting wrote: »
    Em can you screenshot your roster?

I find it hard to believe is all...

Sure. I know how to take a screenshot, but I have not figured out how to post into the forum. I am using a Samsung galaxy V. Any advice on how to do that?
  • Options
    Don't disregard "Talia" so easily!!! I'm playing a very broad game & have seven 5 star, & eight 4 star characters... I'm curious about Jawa in the higher numbers too, but @ 5 stars he's got nothing on Talia. Talia is a much more powerful character than Ventress. I think people associate her with Ventress' failures, but she cleans house. - cheers