Scroundrel Ability: Bounty

Nebulous
1476 posts Member
I'd like to see a skill that is a counter to both stealthers and taunt users. I know Qgj can dispell and so can Asajj and b2. These are general removals and don't get me wrong, they are very good and they are very strong, but they are also only reactive. Then we have toons like Lumi and Vader who have ability block. Ability block is a strong tool that prevents skills from being use but it is not effective for reacting.

What about a skill that can be both reactive and proactive? This is where I think scoundrels fit the bill. I'd like to see a skill named: Bounty. Bounty is a skill whose purpose is to mark a target. This target is the bounty.

Here is what Bounty should do: the target that marked with bounty can always be targeted. If there is a taunt up, bounty will allow players to target the bounty or target the tank. If the bounty target goes into stealth, the target can still be selected during combat. The Bounty skill does no damage itself, and does take the users turn. Here is how I'd like to see Bounty take form:

Level 1: 5 turn cool down. Mark the target with bounty. This target is now the prize. The mark lasts for 3 turns. There can only be 1 "prize" at a time. Target's evasion is reduced by 5%

Level 2: Marked targets can be selected even if the opponent has an active taunt.

Level 3: +2.5% to the evasion reduction.

Level 4: +1 to prize turn duration.

Level 5: +2.5% to the evasion reduction.

Level 6: -1 length of cooldown

Level 7: Bounty can be applied to stealth characters. A character in stealth can be targeted as long as the target is the "prize."

Level 8: Add DoT on the prize when suffering a critical hit.

Thoughts on the skill? Seems like it could be useful vs evasion decks and other decks. Not sure if the cooldown is too short or if the duration of the prize is too long.

Replies

• Options
    I think your idea of a "bounty" status effect is a very good one. Imagine having boba fett use that on Rey, but then Royal guards taunt activates. You can still kill Rey. It would definitely make some scoundrels such as nute gunray more valuable. What if thermal detonators threw "bounty" on all targets as well, that would also make those useful.
  • Options
    Interesting idea. It would need the good ol' ea tweak to take some fun out of it, but I could see it happening.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I think your idea of a "bounty" status effect is a very good one. Imagine having boba fett use that on Rey, but then Royal guards taunt activates. You can still kill Rey. It would definitely make some scoundrels such as nute gunray more valuable. What if thermal detonators threw "bounty" on all targets as well, that would also make those useful.

I like skill implementation rather than "nerfing" or destroying a toons effectiveness. And what you described with Rey and Royal guard scenario, is precisely what bounty would do.

I think multiple instances of bounty is pretty powerful, but I also think that different bounty hunters/scoundrels could have different base effects. Such as offense down or defense down instead of evasion. It's up to the player to pick which "prize" to seek first.