Is Leia better than FOTP?

MoBlaq
583 posts Member
Everyone in my guild is saying yes, but I don't really know. Yeah she has stealth and all, but FOTP hits like a truck and can double tap with 2x Advantage. Plus he has Gunned Downed and seems far more scarier with Phasma Lead teams

Replies

• Options
    I'd say FOTP...but I'm biased towards FO toons.
  • Options
    I think leai is way better now.
  • Options
    With a phasma lead maybe not, otherwise I'd say yes. Crit up for your team, stealth lets you live, if you get offence up with your stealth and pull off a triple shot you are decimating a character.
  • Options
    Just use both, can't go wrong
  • Options
    Leia is way way better.

Its not even close.

Leia has the highest speed in game at 164. Whereas FOTP is at 128.

Leia Triple taps. FOTP only double taps.

Leia can go stealth permanently with omega. FOTP can't go stealth.

Leia provide 2x boost to all teams. FOTP boost only to FO team.

Only point where FOTP is better is in he can go to Gear 11 and Leia can only go to Gear 10. Gear 11 provides 4k extra protection.

Overall, its not even close. Leia is ahead by miles.

Leia is a top tier meta toon. FOTP is average and really needs FO team around him.
  • MoBlaq
    583 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    But Leia is heavily RNG based. I heard stories where you get a string of times where you don't get 3 shots in. Yes, she has the stealth going for her and it makes her extra annoying, but FOTP can hurt you with a 18k Gunned down off the bat. With Phasma he has a change of getting called for assist more often and I've done double taps where he had advantage for both shots...
  • Options
    Prenerf itd be a tough call, but the way it stands now Leia is in a whole nother league
  • Options
    I have both Maxed and with Omega. Leia is better. She hides in her stealth. She does not hit like FOTP. Her Damage is high variance. FOTP hits harder than Rey at times, both max both Omega. I ran them together awhile. Gun Down is honestly my fav special in the game. On the right build FOTP is mr 20k. He falls short in his terrible speed. If her were say 20 speed faster I'd say toss up, maybe edge to him, but here it is Leia. Think on this too. Leia can not be countered in stealth, unless she is last standing. I use her to nail dooku, 5's, secura.

People who say Leia is not top tier do not fully grasp just how to use her. She is like the Knight in Chess. You have to think ahead and use her properly. used properly she can change your fight, just as the Knight can. Just used as another member, just like the Knight, she will not be anything special.

Last point is. If you put Leia in as your DPS threat you will be disappointed. Mine has hit for over 20k and as low as 2200, so that is a massive variance. FOTP must have taunt to protect him or he will get 1 turn on a standard team, 2 if AI is typical and foolish. On an assist team though he shines as think of the beauty of Omega Swarm calling a FOTP DBL tap. Goodbye world.

Both really shine on the right comps, but overall Leia is quite superior. She is my surgeon on offense.
  • Options
    I have both Maxed and with Omega. Leia is better. She hides in her stealth. She does not hit like FOTP. Her Damage is high variance. FOTP hits harder than Rey at times, both max both Omega. I ran them together awhile. Gun Down is honestly my fav special in the game. On the right build FOTP is mr 20k. He falls short in his terrible speed. If her were say 20 speed faster I'd say toss up, maybe edge to him, but here it is Leia. Think on this too. Leia can not be countered in stealth, unless she is last standing. I use her to nail dooku, 5's, secura.

People who say Leia is not top tier do not fully grasp just how to use her. She is like the Knight in Chess. You have to think ahead and use her properly. used properly she can change your fight, just as the Knight can. Just used as another member, just like the Knight, she will not be anything special.

Last point is. If you put Leia in as your DPS threat you will be disappointed. Mine has hit for over 20k and as low as 2200, so that is a massive variance. FOTP must have taunt to protect him or he will get 1 turn on a standard team, 2 if AI is typical and foolish. On an assist team though he shines as think of the beauty of Omega Swarm calling a FOTP DBL tap. Goodbye world.

Both really shine on the right comps, but overall Leia is quite superior. She is my surgeon on offense.

Great analysis.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Dude thats like going deer huntng... and asking which is better, a .50 sniper or a heat seeking rocket launcher.

Both are overkill.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Leia hit my RG 9 times in a row to kill him.

It was a QG assist, a phasma assist and her turn. It was ridiculous.