Female Only Event ******VIDEO*****

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Keyboard whingers dismissing charities as not real charities is a bit rich.
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »

Promoting the IT field to women is hardly a noble cause.

In fact I find it completely pointless. The million they're donating could do so much more in so many other charities.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

In fact I find it completely pointless. The million they're donating could do so much more in so many other charities.

Exactly. I'm fine with helping DISCRIMINATED minorities, but there's none of those right now and like turtle said, there are more important charities out there they could have done.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

Exactly. I'm fine with helping DISCRIMINATED minorities, but there's none of those right now and like turtle said, there are more important charities out there they could have done.

How about it goes to the families of those in Florida? Or is getting a woman a degree in computer sciences more important?

Or how about the next event for a charity goes towards more men being primary school teachers?

Equality of opportunity > equality of outcome.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with a company supporting a charity on political causes is that eventually the gamers will end up debating said political causes. Keep it simple and to things like cancer in the future EA and you'll get a lot less debating on the boards.
  • Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    The problem with a company supporting a charity on political causes is that eventually the gamers will end up debating said political causes. Keep it simple and to things like cancer in the future EA and you'll get a lot less debating on the boards.

That should have been the cause(or at least helping veterans and/or third world countries)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

That should have been the cause(or at least helping veterans and/or third world countries)

Why do you get to choose which causes are more valid than others?
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jazz66 wrote: »

Because I'm Batman

I don't get to choose, but the most of those charities are non-issues. If a woman wants a computer degree, then she should just do it. They don't have to have a charity for that.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Whenever I disagree with the general opinion on an Internet forum I feel like everyone just pulls out a gun and points it at me :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

Because I'm Batman

I don't get to choose, but the most of those charities are non-issues. If a woman wants a computer degree, then she should just do it. They don't have to have a charity for that.

Perhaps I'll make an extra donation so they can continue to educate people who diminish their issues from a position of relative privilege. Good going, Bruce.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Jetrology wrote: »
    exterminus wrote: »
    Which charity is this supporting? Can't find details anywhere.

It must be for a women's charity like fight against cervical cancer.

NOPE. Only ONE of the five is an actual charity. The rest are about nonexistent issues.
    Issues that are non-existent in the lives of white guys. Please clarify in the future.

Helping minorities access better education and job skills is a good thing, don't be ridiculous

Sorry, I should have been more clear. As in charity I mean an organization that helps those that can't help themselves. The minorities have equal opportunity if they work hard, just like any other person and a woman can get the computer degree if she works just as hard as any other man.

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I shouldn't have said anything. I'm just going to get a bunch of crud about this
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

Because I'm Batman

Perhaps I'll make an extra donation so they can continue to educate people who diminish their issues from a position of relative privilege. Good going, Bruce.

Look dude, there are laws in place for equal opportunity. They can get whatever job they want if they work hard.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

Can you not judge that for yourself?

HeForShe
    Creating a Gender Equal World

CODE2040

Creating pathways to educational, professional and entrepeneural success in technology for for Blacks and Latinos.

Code.org

Dedicated to expanding access to computer science and increasing participation by women and coloreds.

NCWIT
    Works for gender diversity in technology and computing.

SpecialEffect
    Uses technology to enhance the quality of life of people, including stroke and road-accidentpatients as well as injured soldiers.

Kids Wish Network
    Improving the quality of life for children having experienced life-altering situations.

Marine Mammal Center
    Involved in rescue, research and education.

Foundation for AIDS Research
    amfAR plays a catalytic role in accelerating the pace of HIV/AIDS research and achieving real breakthroughs. Since 1985, amfAR has invested $450 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

Because I'm Batman

Look dude, there are laws in place for equal opportunity. They can get whatever job they want if they work hard.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that everything is fine and nothing further needs to be done. I'm sure you're talking from experience.
  • Options
    Having laws for equal opportunity does not instantly solve the problems of lack of women and minorities in certain professions and industries. These charities help explore the reasons for continuing inequalities despite these laws. It isn't about just having the opportunity- it's about encouragement and creating an environment where they can feel welcomed and included. And not just when it comes to jobs, or degrees but at the level of getting them interested in school science and IT classes.
  • Options
    Look guys I'm sorry if I offended you I was just speaking my mind here. I do not plan to talk about this ever again
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that's precisely why these charities exist. Read up on it, it's a thing.
  • Options
    Look guys I'm sorry if I offended you I was just speaking my mind here. I do not plan to talk about this ever again

Not offended, just think you and others who say similar things need to have your eyes opened to reality. It takes more than some laws (which are still hugely ignored by even big companies) to change inequality. These things don't happen without charities like the ones people here keep dismissing.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

Not offended, just think you and others who say similar things need to have your eyes opened to reality. It takes more than some laws (which are still hugely ignored by even big companies) to change inequality. These things don't happen without charities like the ones people here keep dismissing.

+1

Also, not all countries have equal rights enshrined in law.
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options
    Well that was easy. Something in the game that is faster if you play it than auto it.
  • Options

Because I'm Batman

You're the hero the forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Because you're not our hero. You're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
  • Options
    500 Credits One Shard better than nothing -.-
  • Options

Because I'm Batman

You're the hero the forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Because you're not our hero. You're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dork Knight.

Close. Fixed your spelling error.
  • Options
    Lol yeah I solo'd with Ventress too. Fun times
  • Options

Because I'm Batman

You're the hero the forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Because you're not our hero. You're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

:)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    The evidence Rey is OP: she is the main character in the image of the Female Event. She is in front