Save Finn

MLGebra
343 posts Member
edited June 2016
Simple suggestion. Step 1: completely remove the current "Hold the Line". It's an absolute waste of a turn that AI will spam in any situation. Just... get rid of it.

Hold the Line (New)
[Unique]
The first time an ally is defeated, Finn taunts and gains tenacity up for 2 turns. If the ally was resistance, grant all allies tenacity up for 2 turns. In addition, each time an ally is defeated, there is a (X)% chance to expose a random enemy for 2 turns.

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Let them buff Jedi first please :(
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Post this in the Character Feedback section. This is general discussion.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Post this in the Character Feedback section. This is general discussion.

Seeing as almost every post in general discussion is usually about a character, for example "Rey is OP," or "Suggestion for Old Ben" I would say that this post can stay in general discussion.

As for the OP, I would agree that Finn certainly needs a buff. When us forum users were asked to explain which characters were underperforming and why, Finn was the only toon I mentioned. I would agree that Finn's hold the line special should be replaced with a better unique, but I don't know if tenacity is the right thing. Most resistance toons needs potency, except rey, whom tenacity would benefit. Either way, I like the idea.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Who's finn?
  • Options
    i wish finn was useful. he was my fun progression character
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    the character feedback section is for information and opinions on characters as they are, not necessarily how they should be changed.

@ClifPaul3 yeah, when I was thinking of which buff(s) to add to hold the line I considered it thematically as well as in terms of synergies. "Hold the Line" sounds like a purely defensive move, and as a tank I wanted him to have a little extra damage and status effect mitigation, and potency up seems like the offensive flip side to tenacity up. as far as resistance synergy goes, Rey banks 25% of her damage on keeping clear of status effects, Poe heals himself each time he resists an effect, and most of the other members of resistance already have high tenacity/res as a result of their gear.

if this change went through I wouldn't worry about potency because Poe would be my leader in an instant :smile: