Client restart - but battle result saved!

Sarryen
474 posts Member
edited June 2016
So I was all ready to come on here and rage after I got a client restart at the end of a crucial arena battle i'd just won (10 min before payout UK time). Then I noticed that the result of the battle had actually been saved and my victory recorded. In the end I managed to jump into the top 20 with 1min to spare, but if the usual client restart had lost the battle result i wouldn't have made it.

Is this a new change or was I just (very) lucky? I didn't see anything in the update notes about this, but if it's real then it will remove some of the frustrations (although avoiding client restarts completely would still be better!)

Edit- anyone know what the client restart was? There was also one yesterday but nothing seemed to change (my special events are already open).

Replies

• Options
    Same thing happened to me on my next to last battle for the UK finish time. I thought I was going to have to miss out on a top 5 finish but it also saved my win.

I guess they changed the order they do things and the server records your win before the forced restart.
  • Options
    Happened to me also, a sensible and welcome change.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Happened to me last update restart. Thanks, CG!