R2-D2! (read)

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Glarus wrote: »
    Sorry folks, unless I've missed something, don't expect an R2D2 any time soon...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nt6dl/jedi_knight_luke_revealed/
    Scroll down about 1/3 of the way and look for a DEV update.

There is another dev comment a few posts later specifically referring to R2D2. But...it just says take anything not from an official source with a grain of salt. Nothing says they can't announce R2D2 tomorrow and it would then be official ;-)

Would've thought a video at a big press event was pretty official.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Sorry folks, unless I've missed something, don't expect an R2D2 any time soon...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nt6dl/jedi_knight_luke_revealed/
    Scroll down about 1/3 of the way and look for a DEV update.

There is another dev comment a few posts later specifically referring to R2D2. But...it just says take anything not from an official source with a grain of salt. Nothing says they can't announce R2D2 tomorrow and it would then be official ;-)

Would've thought a video at a big press event was pretty official.

And perhaps the comment by @EA_Jesse in this post? Commenting, and not denying it, is just as good as confirming it.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Please make him a tank with taunt...
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    Dunno what to think about this.
    R2-D2 (and C3-PO and BB8) or not fighter units by any mean.
    As much as I like those as a SW fan, I don't think they belong in this game.

R2-D2 in the movies does a bit of fighting. Not a ton, but hes often in the action with Luke. In the cartoon he definitely is a fighter. He even has a story arc where he leads other astromechs on an extended spy mission in which he fights against several droids. In other episodes he helps fight as well.

C3PO and BB8 have not been portrayed as fighters to my knowledge.

Anyway, go check out the cartoons and you will get a lot more back story on characters many of the characters in the game. All of the seasons are on Netflix and probably other spots as well.
  • Paromos
    192 posts Member
    Options
    This is all one big teaser for new characters to come! :) I mean seriously, they would not show R2-D2 gameplay in a worldwide trailer for SWGOH if it was not going to come out very soon.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    Dunno what to think about this.
    R2-D2 (and C3-PO and BB8) or not fighter units by any mean.
    As much as I like those as a SW fan, I don't think they belong in this game.

in kotor 1 and 2 T3-M4 is a fighter, i hope r2-d2 can ignite enemies for debuffs :3
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Everybody shouldn't get so excited, he'll be an Aurodium or Chromium and only accessible to a small % of the player base. Or at best end-up in the guild store and appear randomly. :/
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    This post is from mid June
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Please nerf R2
  • Options
    My guess is R2-D2 will be in the guild store - probably as he is useful against droids. Either that or shard rewards for completing the new raid.
  • Options
    I'm guessing R2 will be the raid reward. Whatever the method is to get him, I hope he'll be accessible. I really want to add him to my roster.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    ShewardN wrote: »
    I'm guessing R2 will be the raid reward. Whatever the method is to get him, I hope he'll be accessible. I really want to add him to my roster.

That's a good call actually, very well could be the new raid reward. They said August for the raid, so it could be.
  • Options

this is definitely what I am expecting too, but sadly I haven't even unlocked Han yet... I think they really need to figure out how it is going to be fair to add this problem to an already inter-guild competition. what % of fan base do you think even has Han unlocked let alone 7 starred?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

this is definitely what I am expecting too, but sadly I haven't even unlocked Han yet... I think they really need to figure out how it is going to be fair to add this problem to an already inter-guild competition. what % of fan base do you think even has Han unlocked let alone 7 starred?

Good question. I'd say a "fairly" decent amount. I'm real close to unlocking him and we didn't do Tier 7 from the jump. 7* is another story, but at least he unlocks at 5*.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I'm at EA Play this week, sorry for the delay :)

Here is a link to the EA Star Wars video that we showed today at the press conference.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo

Nothing but love for you man keep up the good work.
  • Options

Well, I literally just came back to the game after a massive break and I've only got 3 Han Solo shards as of now. Do I want to get him to 7*? Yep. Will it ever happen? Very unlikely if they're not going to figure out a way to manage the raid rewards properly.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse Would this mean R2D2 would be considered a Scoundrel and a Droid?