Question before I invest in Aurodian Pack.....

I've only been playing the game for a few months and it's been enjoyable so far. Though my regular team mostly consists of Sith-type characters, I've been working on building a droid team to go with my JE that I'm about to finally get this afternoon.

I have a good idea on who I'm going to use for this team, well, at least I did until they released the Aurodian Pack with the Super Battle Droid. His abilities sound pretty sweet so I saved up a bunch of gems to buy it. So, after a few days of saving I finally bought it and only got pieces of the SBD. Sad days.

Well, I'm tempted to buy a $10 gem pack so I can have 2 more tries at the SBD because he sounds like he'd be a great addition to the team. I also have reservations about doing this, though, because the only way to get pieces for him is to buy the packs.

While sifting through the character list I noticed there's a tusken shaman. When I checked how to get pieces for him the game showed me nothing. Apparently you had to buy him in a pack, just like the SBD. So I guess I'm curious, how often do these types of packs become available to buy?? Or what are the chances of them actually putting these guys in the game so there's a chance to actually farm for them??

I don't want to invest $$ and get a character that'll pretty much always be 4*. :\

Replies

• Options
    You need between $200-250 to get battle bob to 7 stars
  • Options
    Hmmm, yeah, I'd rather put that towards a new PC. Thanks for the heads up, I'll just skip the packs and focus on my original team. :)
  • Options
    You also are not guaranteed the character, I didn't get one till my fifth. First 4 were just shards. It's likely though in a few months it will go to chrome, the eventually free.
  • Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    You need between $200-250 to get battle bob to 7 stars

Just unlocking him does you no good. You need to seven star him, and like the guy above said, that'll run you about two vaults.

He is a great utility toon, and a lot of top arena teams have him now.
  • Options
    Definitely need around $200 to get a 7* B2. So even if you get lucky and unlock him on your first pull, you'd need 250 more shards for a 7* toon.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    He will be free eventually. Best bet is keep plugging engineer in guild shop, get ig86 and 88 from arena rewards then drill through the ig100 in cantina. By the time you have maxed that lot, the battle droid will probably be f2p! Magnaguard is very underated btw
  • Options
    For those packs you spend nothing or 250. There is no point of getting a low star character with no way of upgrading.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    He will be free eventually. Best bet is keep plugging engineer in guild shop, get ig86 and 88 from arena rewards then drill through the ig100 in cantina. By the time you have maxed that lot, the battle droid will probably be f2p! Magnaguard is very underated btw

Already working on most of that currently. I've got everyone to lvl 61, gear level 7. The IG-twins are all 5* currently, and working on getting HK-47 and IG-100 to 5*. All I really need is my JE and I'll be set to play around until the crew gets promoted to higher rankings.

I'll just wait and hope SBD eventually becomes farmable. XD Thanks for all the feedback, guys. :D
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Necrobile wrote: »
    I've only been playing the game for a few months and it's been enjoyable so far. Though my regular team mostly consists of Sith-type characters, I've been working on building a droid team to go with my JE that I'm about to finally get this afternoon.

I have a good idea on who I'm going to use for this team, well, at least I did until they released the Aurodian Pack with the Super Battle Droid. His abilities sound pretty sweet so I saved up a bunch of gems to buy it. So, after a few days of saving I finally bought it and only got pieces of the SBD. Sad days.

Well, I'm tempted to buy a $10 gem pack so I can have 2 more tries at the SBD because he sounds like he'd be a great addition to the team. I also have reservations about doing this, though, because the only way to get pieces for him is to buy the packs.

While sifting through the character list I noticed there's a tusken shaman. When I checked how to get pieces for him the game showed me nothing. Apparently you had to buy him in a pack, just like the SBD. So I guess I'm curious, how often do these types of packs become available to buy?? Or what are the chances of them actually putting these guys in the game so there's a chance to actually farm for them??

I don't want to invest $$ and get a character that'll pretty much always be 4*. :\

Well I have spent probably $500-600 since January on this game. Have YET to get 1 single shard of Tusken Shaman..and I was hoping to get some..

But I did get a few shards I didn't even consider like Old Ben, Echo, and Fives.. who have been TREMENDOUS in my arena ranking boost.

Currently I am around 30-40 I can do under 20 if I refresh..but I don't have Echo in my lineup.. yet waiting for one more piece then I am ready.. Echo is like probably the most instrumental in my group getting in GW, add to that Asajj and a healer and thats a nice awesome group.

My normal arena is Obi (L), Lumi QQJ Yoda 5555's.. I am going to try replacing QGJ with Echo, but by FAR Echo is now my favorite character, until I can get Vader to 7* of course

• Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    So wait, I thought Aurodium characters were premium and you could get them through chromium packs after. Is this not the case?
  • Options
    The value really comes in to how much you value the character and what synergy does it add to your core Arena or Raid squad. The packs are good because if you buy enough for 7-star the character you'll have enough purple mats to max the abilities or at least be super close to it. The 100K credits will help in leveling it.

B2 doesn't need to be in a Droid squad to be good. You mentioned a Sith squad so I imagine you have Dooku and B2 would do very well on a squad with a Dooku lead because of the different abilities B2 has.
  • Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    So wait, I thought Aurodium characters were premium and you could get them through chromium packs after. Is this not the case?

Your cost of getting a character would skyrocket from 250 to 2500. Either spend 0 or 250 on aurodium.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »

Yes, eventually they will be released to Chromium. But based on recent heroes (e.g., comparing Rex, Tusken Shaman, Wedge that were first Aurodium vs Sun Fac and Echo that went straight to Chromiums), drops in Chromium seem HEAVILY weighted towards straight to Chromiums. So while you might be able to max Echo with $300 of purchases (and both Echo and Sun Fac with less than $1k of Chromium purchases), it'd likely take thousands upon thousand of dollars to max Rex from Chromiums. Must better doing Shipments.

As far as Aurodium going to FTP, I'd not expect that to happen for a long, long time (not until 2017 at least). My hope is that they rotate Aurodium packs (but don't know if there are any plans to do that).
  • Options
    B2 doesn't need to be in a Droid squad to be good. You mentioned a Sith squad so I imagine you have Dooku and B2 would do very well on a squad with a Dooku lead because of the different abilities B2 has.

I was mostly interested in B2 for the droid synergy. I always wanted a jawa team until I researched the JE and decided that he's much more suited for a droid team. B2 just sounds like a super-sweet addition to said team. Upon looking at his abilities you're right, he would make a great addition to many different team compositions.

My regular team consists of Dooku(L), Asajj, Ahsoka, Sideous and good Ol'Daka. I pondered possibly switching out Ahsoka for B2 if I ever got him. Problem is, I don't have a spare $250 to invest in a character. ;_;