Who to farm next on cantina nodes?

mutimloh
141 posts Member
edited June 2016
I just finished off RG and am looking for advice on who to farm on Cantina nodes. My current arena squad is Dooku (L), STH, Rey, RG, QGJ. A-squad for Raid is Phasma (L), Lumi, Rey, QGJ, 5s.

I started farming AA in the arena shipments, but am thinking of switching to Leia when she's released, so I've kind of started a Rebel squad for Lando. Also started an ewok squad with Teebo at 7* and farming EE and Scout slowly, both at 4*. I know GS is useful everywhere, but I don't really see a spot for him on Arena or Raid, if you pick him, can you tell me where he slots in? Also, Old Ben doesn't seem that much of an upgrade over Dooku for arena, is he?

Thanks all.

Who to farm next on cantina nodes? 56 votes

GS
35%
StarSonTrisbouilleChunsunnytheseal75Dookiedog68Giodude2000Weezy_vegas1rexfacesSamuraidigsmartinsIAmExceptionDani_PvPLight34northQuentinOllah38Eglendbhtrumpcc07Darth_VulcanAzgadiliForgotAlonorcal 20 votes
Chirpa
19%
clhsArarisValerianTroutFett18EventineElessedildinobambinoPuke_PiestalkerAzanatharEscapeArtist51xMORIDINxszadaSilvermodak 11 votes
Lando
32%
Darth_AllycodeIG_88_bSmithieFatzkeRavenAegisSaigeMikymateJoseIrimiaWalkrCncJazz66KabalRogue613leefTheScribsJakkalMiralectredmtewardSirryker 18 votes
Old Ben
12%
SekuSzecsaDooku_for_daysDwightHalpertKarek77AaronBurrSirwishxwish 7 votes

Replies

• Options
    GS
    Definitely GS. He should replace Lumi in raids (healers aren't good in raids), and once you get Teebo maxed out you can run Teebo lead with phasma, gs, Rey, qgj. GS's assists will help with turn meter manipulation and you'll see a huge increase in damage dealt to the guards/rancor.
    The other toons should take a backseat for now; I'd recommend chirpa once you get ee and scout to at least 6* (the farm grind is real)
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Alonorcal wrote: »
    Definitely GS. He should replace Lumi in raids (healers aren't good in raids), and once you get Teebo maxed out you can run Teebo lead with phasma, gs, Rey, qgj. GS's assists will help with turn meter manipulation and you'll see a huge increase in damage dealt to the guards/rancor.
    The other toons should take a backseat for now; I'd recommend chirpa once you get ee and scout to at least 6* (the farm grind is real)

I actually slotted in Lumi specifically to keep my health topped up for the guards. I find that depending on RNG and how I manipulate the TM with QGJ and Phasma/5s slow, I'm usually able to weather out a deathmark. Lumi refills health to make sure my team lasts significantly longer. Agree that, for the rancor, healers aren't required. I'm on T5, btw.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lando
    GS is easy to farm (8 energy), but you already have good damage dealers. If you finish AA and leia, you'll have a great rebel squad along with STH and lando.
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    GS is easy to farm (8 energy), but you already have good damage dealers. If you finish AA and leia, you'll have a great rebel squad along with STH and lando.

AA is almost at 5*s, but I'm thinking of switching to Leia after I get him to 5*s. Would you recommend Leia over AA? For defense, I'm thinking of swapping QGJ out for Leia once I get her 7*'d.
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Lando
    You have Rey, you're going to build Leia so although people seem to like GS, do you really need another single-target DPS (yeah I get the assist argument)
    I have AA at 6* and am hoarding for the Leia release
    With a whole raft of new scoundrels coming out, just generically feels like farming what used to be a premium character in that space is a good way to go
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    GS or Lando. I just made Lando my current farm today, but I already had GS at 7*. FYI, that GS farm can be brutal at times if the RNGods look down upon thee and you don't get that many Cantina tokens.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    GS stole the lead! I was pretty much sold on Lando.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    GS
    GS should be your number one. He is amazing on both Raid and PvP.

I am a level 80 player and I still don't have him because I went all droids. All my guild mates beat me because GS is very solid.
  • Options
    Lando
    IG_88_b wrote: »
    You have Rey, you're going to build Leia so although people seem to like GS, do you really need another single-target DPS (yeah I get the assist argument)

+1

Also, nice work naming this thread. I only clicked on it for the opportunity to post that it should correctly be "whom* to farm..." but I see now that it was just a clever ploy on your part. Touché.