Characters with S.Atk but no S.Atks?

Has anyone else noticed this and think it's weird? Characters like Old Daka whose special attack is far higher than her physical yet has no abilities that use it.

Is this some sort of oversight or left over mechanic that never got removed? Does seem very pointless that some characters don't benefit at all from gear and their highest stat. Or is this in place for possible future skills to be added?

Replies

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    So many inconsistencies like that, maybe they do something in the future like stop making heals off % HP and maybe use special attack? And for non-healers that have high special attacks, well i can only hope they get a skill someday...
  • Options
    Seems odd, but I guess they decided it would be better to have separate stats for abilities, rather than let them all scale off of physical damage. They should really allow characters with high special damage but no special damage inflicting skills to have specific abilities that scale very minority off of the special damage stat. Like Old Daka's basic attack, as she was mentioned as a prime example. It couldn't be that much stronger, even with her regular physical damage scaling. Just a bit of a boost for heroes with an otherwise useless stat the gained from gear or a primary stat (Int, Str, Agi). Heroes like Sidious obviously wouldn't need this additional scaling, due to his already apparent strength.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    If you look at the "meta" and see heroes people use, you will notice that for some "odd reason", STR/AGI and AGI/STR are the ones that dominate... Ask yourself why? STR = HP AGI = Damage and both give armor (And yeah i know that for each char his "primary" stat gives damage, but its a joke compared to those AGI based)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I especially hate the ones that don't do special damage, but need gear that increases it. Waste of space, and gear that could improve someone else.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.