Silly Things I've Seen the AI Do

quigonkenny
240 posts Member
edited June 2016
Because if there's one thing this forum needs it's some levity. And maybe we can show the devs some possibly fixable AI actions.

Inspired by a starting GW battle I was just in. Ackbar does his Tactical Genius. Chewbacca immediately follows this up with his taunt. Which...is immediately negated when he goes again because of the TG.

That's just one. We all see silly AI actions each day, though. What are some of the ones you've seen?

Replies

• SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Asajj using her dispel while Rampage is up to cleanse a defense down and lose the heal from it. Or trying to heal someone else with it.
    Post edited by SkyCake on
  • Options
    The best is when I've targeted one enemy to kill, have hit them with healing immunity, then 3 enemy healers go back to back to back, trying to heal that one guy.
  • Options
    A toon has health immunity because Sidious hit him. He has low health. And next turn is JC wasting his healing and next turn Lumi also wasting her healing...
  • Options
    Stupid things like Ventress and Yoda do their ability steal when there are no abilities to steal..
  • Options
    My AI when I click auto.
    4 enemies with 1500 hp in a gear challenge.
    JE uses his special. Ig86 uses his special doing 15,000 damage and calling a 8,o00 assist. Hk47 drops his special killing 2 characters. Ig100 uses turn meter reduction. Ig88 follows up with his special overkilling the rest. Is this for real? BASIC attacks would have killed them just as easy. Why is my AI in such a hurry to waste every special attack? Meanwhile in GW I can't get sidious to AOE or poggle to use offense up on my suicide squad.
  • Options
    My AI when I click auto.
    JE uses his special. Ig86 uses his special doing 15,000 damage and calling a 8,o00 assist. Hk47 drops his special killing 2 characters. Ig100 uses turn meter reduction. Ig88 follows up with his special overkilling the rest. Is this for real? BASIC attacks would have killed them just as easy. Why is my AI in such a hurry to waste every special attack? Meanwhile in GW I can't get sidious to AOE or poggle to use offense up on my suicide squad.
    This is why auto is pretty much useless in GW outside of the final node. My favorite is when the last enemy toon (usually JKG) in one of the rounds of the Windu challenge has the tinest sliver of health left, but rather than finishing them off (which the AI has done to me numerous times), my Chewie instead taunts (usually followed by RG's Def Up maneuver), allowing JKG to waste 5 seconds of my time on one of her long-*** attack animations.

Speaking of auto AI failure on challenges, I'm pretty sure my Vader is trying to kill me. I have him on my Veers/Tarkin challenge team, and usually he burns both of his specials right off the bat, but every once in a while he'll start the last round with a Culling Blade. Which is never quite enough to kill either of the bosses. Then I have to scramble to turn off auto and wipe out the rest of that boss's health (usually requiring a bot kill) before their AoE wipes me out instead.
  • Options
    I sometimes give my arena team foresight right after sth taunts... Im so dumb..
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Rancor eating ben, first.

And Assaj. Nuff said.

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

And Assaj. Nuff said.

Admiral Snackbar is still the Rancors favorite food.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    "tactical genius"
    header.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Using area dammage, when there's only 1 opponent.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When I move to auto. The funny things is when 2 tanks in the team, and at the end of the round when the last enemy remains, which can be killed with one finger, they both use taunt.
  • Options
    QGJ trying to dispel Rey's Foresight. Both are Arena meta, so it happens in every game.
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    gotta love Talia trying to heal when she's the last one standing back in the good ol days
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

And Assaj. Nuff said.

Admiral Snackbar is still the Rancors favorite food.

Ray and fives for me. Always eats them...

Ai actions that annoy me
    -phasma advantage up when the last enemy has red health on round 1
    -asaaj using her steal on challenge instead of killing savage, thus causing the death of my team.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    B00MSTICK wrote: »
    The best is when I've targeted one enemy to kill, have hit them with healing immunity, then 3 enemy healers go back to back to back, trying to heal that one guy.

They allegedly "fixed" it months ago. :D
  • Options
    Admiral ackbar using tactical genius, after that chewbacca taunts then basic attack...
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My AI when I click auto.

That's why you never use auto fight in GW. The AI always prefers special attacks.
    That's not silly. Silly is to ignore that fact.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Not funny when toons are starting to hit one enemy and instead to finish it off switched to another, with fully health. And enemy healer it immediately cures.
  • Options
    Because if there's one thing this forum needs it's some levity. And maybe we can show the devs some possibly fixable AI actions.

Inspired by a starting GW battle I was just in. Ackbar does his Tactical Genius. Chewbacca immediately follows this up with his taunt. Which...is immediately negated when he goes again because of the TG.

That's just one. We all see silly AI actions each day, though. What are some of the ones you've seen?
    I saw something similar before TG was changed. It was just Akbar and Chewie left. Chewie taunts, Akbar does TG giving Chewie 100% TM and removes his taunt.

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That's not a bug.
    His taunt lasts for one round only. When he gets 100% turn meter again,one round has past. This also reduces the cooldowns.
    The characters don't use 2 skills in one round, they only have 2 turns in a row.