Shard shop idea to increase game life

Robert
150 posts Member
edited June 2016
I was reading that closed thread about the shard shop and was thinking that you could find something to do with all those shards and increase the game life span by adding a new item only available in the shard shop. It could be some type of upgrade token that increases a base stat for a certain character by a small amount. Maybe it could be a token granting additional force training or midi chlorians for force sensitives and a similar token would grant extra physical/mental training for non force sensitives. That way folks could spend all their shards and the game could potentially have no ceiling.

Edit: Maybe they could be available in all the shops but only usable on level 80 characters. This would take care of eventually accumulating huge amounts of arena and gw tokens as well.

Replies

• Options
    Every category of player should be taken into consideration if game life is to increase: ftp players should not get the impression that some content is forever out of reach, and new players should not get the feeling they'll never be able to catch up. Boosts such as extra daily rewards/extra xp could encourage progress. Maybe new accounts could get such boosts during their first 1-2 months of play? Also, things like this

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/47125/gw-why-am-i-fighting-teams-15-levels-higher-than-me#

should not be allowed to happen. For one player that takes time to complain on the forum, how many discouraged players just give up? If every new content is aimed only at satisfying maxed lvl 80 players, then the population will slowly but steadily shrink to a small group of elite veterans.

Your idea is interesting but without a cap on any kind of purchasable stat increase, game will be broken in no time. I'd rather be able to trade those shards for raid-only gear.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Robert wrote: »
    I was reading that closed thread about the shard shop and was thinking that you could find something to do with all those shards and increase the game life span by adding a new item only available in the shard shop. It could be some type of upgrade token that increases a base stat for a certain character by a small amount. Maybe it could be a token granting additional force training or midi chlorians for force sensitives and a similar token would grant extra physical/mental training for non force sensitives. That way folks could spend all their shards and the game could potentially have no ceiling.

Edit: Maybe they could be available in all the shops but only usable on level 80 characters. This would take care of eventually accumulating huge amounts of arena and gw tokens as well.

I have to say, despite sitting on many shard tokens, I would never want to see this in the game. It would become a min/maxing nightmare with everyone striving for the perfect build, and would upset the already strained F2P/P2P balance. The existing gear system, along with omega abilities, provides plenty of customisation potential.

The joy of this game, for me, is expanding my roster and opening up new teams. There is no shortage of content for those who are willing to look beyond their arena team.

That said, the shard shop needs some work. I so rarely spend anything because there's nothing worth buying in there.