How to beat GG+JE droid meta

Prev1
Sysy
307 posts Member
edited June 2016
Hi there

I faced a maxed droid meta just now in GW. I beat it thanks to inherited TM and luck with Barriss lead, QGJ, Rey, EE and Yoda. My EE raised 5 people in the fight and opponent's JE forgot to TM boost first ...

If I encounter this team in arena, I guess I am doomed as I run Dooku dodge meta with GS, Rey, QGJ and RG. Even if I switch to OB+STHan, I still think that the droids are going to cut the team in pieces before I even make a move ...

Forgot to say that the droid squad is consisting of 47 lead, 88, 86, GG and JE. My roster can be found at swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007. But even if I don't have the right toons, I still want to learn how to beat this droid squad.

So any ideas on how to beat this meta even offensively? I guess Rex+5s+Sun Fac+RG+Leia stand a better chance to achieve this MIM.

swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
Post edited by Sysy on

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I faced that squad in GW on node 12 a week or two ago.... took me 2 and a half squads to defeat it.
  • Options
    You need a little luck, but if you have Yoda and spread foresight before they can knock out more than 1 on your team, that should buy you the time you need to cut down 1 or 2 of theirs and it may be more in your favor. Just a thought.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Or just use fives lol
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @Veritasum Thanks for the idea. The only problem I see is the there is a fairly high chance Yoda got ability blocked before he can move ... To maximize that chance I guess OB+RG is the better combo against this droid meta.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @shampoo Have you tried 5s against this squad? The problem I see is that JE can revive droids, and droid can kill glass cannons ... So you mean Rex+Fives+Leia+RG+Sun Fac?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Counter to droid teams:

- Evasion (Old Ben and Dooku especially)
    - Tenacity/Dispell (Ackbar, Yoda, Rex, EE)
    - Anyone who benefits from being hit by a critical hit (Rex L, Biggs, Savage)
    - Counter-attackers (Dooku, Fives, Aayla, Kit, Ima-Gun-Di (L), Gamorrean Guard)
    - Grievous as a leader (reduced CC and CDamage)
    - Natural droid counters (Eeth, Ima-Gun-Di, Ugnaught)
    - Stuns (Daka, RG, Dooku)
    - Taunts, especially RG
    - Foresight (Rey, Yoda)
    - TM reduction(droids are very slow and will take more time to regain the TM)

Strategy: Burn down JE fast. He's like a droid daka.

In the mean time, stun/AB 88 and 86.

Then move to 88, then 86. Dispell RG with a dispeller if he's in the team.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    That sounds exactly like the 1st place team on my shard for the past two weeks.
  • Options
    Dathcha (L), Jawa, Jawa Engineer, IG-86/88, RG
    Eeth Koth has good anti-droid synergy as well.

You're welcome. ;)
    Stun the Droids, Stun the Droids and then Destroy the Droids.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @Sikho Thanks for sharing this long list of droid counters. Unfortunately, none of them act before the droids... So by the time I could focus one JE, there is a fair chance I have lost 1 or 2 members of my squad. I agree running RG is a must. And the only way I think can somehow deter those droids is to run a Rex lead. I guess Sun Fac/Pig Guard can kind of punish the droids with counter attack taunt ...
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @KeyMan64x I see ... So this is the new whose Poe (JE) pulls first game? Don't hurt my soul like that, yet again ...
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    @Sikho Thanks for sharing this long list of droid counters. Unfortunately, none of them act before the droids... So by the time I could focus one JE, there is a fair chance I have lost 1 or 2 members of my squad. I agree running RG is a must. And the only way I think can somehow deter those droids is to run a Rex lead. I guess Sun Fac/Pig Guard can kind of punish the droids with counter attack taunt ...

No one currently goes before the droids with JE. The key is surviving the initial onslaught and then using one of the counters listed above.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @UlicQ Yeah, I agree. So if we don't copy the Droid squad and play the whose JE pulls first game, the best chance of surviving that onslaught is to run Rex lead? I still think Rex+RG+Sun Fac+Fives and Leia may be a good answer to those droids. It is a pity that 3 of them are p2p only ...
  • Options
    @KeyMan64x I see ... So this is the new whose Poe (JE) pulls first game? Don't hurt my soul like that, yet again ...
    Lol. Not really, with the team I listed if the opponent has 4 droids and JE then they will go first but you will not be far behind with the team I listed. I actually have the team I listed and it has worked for me very well in GW when facing 4 droids and JE. I win. All of my characters are Gear IX and 7* with maxed although not-OMEGA'd. The AoE from Dathcha and Jawa really set it up pretty well. Stun/Ability block nearly everyone and then kill JE...then kill everyone else. You will lose RG of course but the delay will be just long enough so you can take out another droid.

• Options
    EA needs to release Chief Nebit to properly lead a full team of Jawas...one day maybe.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @KeyMan64x Thanks for the explanation. I see how you manage to beat those droids in GW now. Yeah EA needs to release the Chief for Jawas to shine even more.
  • Options
    B2 is better than GG in a droid team
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    @UlicQ Yeah, I agree. So if we don't copy the Droid squad and play the whose JE pulls first game, the best chance of surviving that onslaught is to run Rex lead? I still think Rex+RG+Sun Fac+Fives and Leia may be a good answer to those droids. It is a pity that 3 of them are p2p only ...

I run a droid team and consistently place in the top 20, but my boys get beat all the time, and not by P2P characters. It's more about gear and strategy.

As 1 of only 3 droid teams in the top 100 on my shard, I don't believe there's a droid "meta" JE just made them a viable team again.
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure, as I've yet to face this but seems to me the order of battle with this droid team is:

JE - Recalibrate
    88 - Rapid Fire
    86 - Assassin
    GG - Wounds
    HK - Mayham

Not only do these do hideous actual damage, but the debuffs prevent a co-ordinated and focused response
    And there is no way to outspeed this team (yet)

So, the key should be to withstand as much of the debuffs as possible
    Isn't Luke Leader the key to that with 45% Tenacity gain preventing the debuffs from sticking?
    Next I guess would be a stun of 88 / 86, so RG (high base tenacity) could be useful
    Then prob have Leia and Lando for dmg and crit boost?
    and given the base damage landed by the droids, would need quite some healing so maybe lumi or barriss or EE, not sure about that part yet, but am not at that point yet

• Options
    Grevious is still a weakness. B2 would be a terror with that team and Omega HK
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @UlicQ Can you share your squad? I can't see how this GG+JE droid squad can be beaten with the regular f2p dodge meta ... Maybe you did not max your gears?
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @President_Scroob Is B2 that good? I have faced B2 in none droid setups and he seemed more annoying than dangerous. I mean 2-3k dps is almost nothing ... But GG can cut through the foresight of Rey ...
  • Options
    B2 is better than GG in a droid team
    This, B2 will make the droids much tougher to deal with.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @President_Scroob Is B2 that good? I have faced B2 in none droid setups and he seemed more annoying than dangerous. I mean 2-3k dps is almost nothing ... But GG can cut through the foresight of Rey ...

DPS is not what B2 is for. B2 makes tanks useless with his debuff. And tanks are the bane of droid teams. B2 not only dispells but he prevents buffs altogether. Imo he'll be a must when everyone has leia
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    @UlicQ Can you share your squad? I can't see how this GG+JE droid squad can be beaten with the regular f2p dodge meta ... Maybe you did not max your gears?

Yeah my guys aren't maxed yet, but I can tell you stuns, and toons with high hit points and counters are definitely viable.

My squad:
    Hk47 7* gear 8
    Ig88 7* gear 8
    Ig86 7* gear 8
    B2 7* gear 8
    JE 6* gear 9

Like I said I place in the top 20 consistently, so I know they're strong, but definitely not unbeatable.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options

DPS is not what B2 is for. B2 makes tanks useless with his debuff. And tanks are the bane of droid teams. B2 not only dispells but he prevents buffs altogether. Imo he'll be a must when everyone has leia

Agreed 100%
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have faced the same team in the arena and am able to make it past 5 of 6 times though the intial barrage is shocking. I run Dooku (l), Rey, QGJ, STH, RG. After the first droid wave, RG will absolutely be taunting and I likely have one or more of Rey/QGJ/Dooku badly hurt.

That said, I have found that targetting JE early is death. Prioritize 88, then 86 and try to stun whichever one you are not working on killing. You will likely have to kill 88 again as he will get rezzed, but its a one hit re-kill. 3rd I go after JE. When RG is close to dead I trigger Han (who was likely ability blocked at first). Han takes me home.
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Options
    @KeyMan64x good call on the droid stun from Jawa & Dathcha AoE though would worry about ability block from the 88 / HK

Fair to say there are a few approaches to droids, (just dodge meta don't seem to be it)
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    IG_88_b wrote: »
    @KeyMan64x good call on the droid stun from Jawa & Dathcha AoE though would worry about ability block from the 88 / HK

Fair to say there are a few approaches to droids, (just dodge meta don't seem to be it)

Seeing as the devs have basically made the droid team to be the answer to the dodge meta that is probably true (though some good RNG can still tear a droid team apart against a dodge team).

But the fact that the current meta isn't the answe doesn't make them OP, it just means other tactics need to be tried.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @7AnimalMother Thanks for sharing this strategy! Now I know what to do when I face that team in arena.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    They are starting to appear in my shard...the one i faced only once so far was with an RG at gear 8 and the rest of the droids at gear 9. They killed Rey before she could act and ability blocked everything else. If this guy would have been gear 10 on droids, gear 9 on HK lead and at least gear 9 on RG there wouldn't have been a way for me to win. I think JE is OP.