Can someone explain this team?

And why they did what they did.

I was destroyed by this team today. Arena, spot 28 fighting for 23.

Let me re-phrase: I was AMBUSHED by this team today. Haha. Even though I lost, I was thoroughly impressed by the performance. I quite literally got 4 hits in, then they took the rest of the match.

This was the team:

Phasma (Lead)
Qui Gon Jin
Old Daka
Rey
ST Han

It was like a fireworks show of turns, over and over again. Can someone breakdown this synergy and why it worked how it did? It was amazing.

Replies

• Options
    Heard of turn meter manipulation?
  • Options

Absolutely, but who was the catalyst? Phasma, Han, or Daka? I don't have Han, nor do I care to, but is he the one doing this in combination with assist potential with the others? Even non-taunting?
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    And why they did what they did.

I was destroyed by this team today. Arena, spot 28 fighting for 23.

Let me re-phrase: I was AMBUSHED by this team today. Haha. Even though I lost, I was thoroughly impressed by the performance. I quite literally got 4 hits in, then they took the rest of the match.

This was the team:

Phasma (Lead)
    Qui Gon Jin
    Old Daka
    Rey
    ST Han

It was like a fireworks show of turns, over and over again. Can someone breakdown this synergy and why it worked how it did? It was amazing.

If you need to beat that team, you just need to make sure you run at least one toon with dispel. Han is the key there.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Absolutely, but who was the catalyst? Phasma, Han, or Daka? I don't have Han, nor do I care to, but is he the one doing this in combination with assist potential with the others? Even non-taunting?
    Yes, STHan, every time you hit him while he is taunting, the team gains turn meter. Every time you hit him, he has a chance to remove your turn meter. At the start of his turn, he'll remove turn meter. When he uses his basic, he had a good chance to gain good turn meter. Daka is a pro at keeping characters stun locked, especially with phasma lead giving bonus attacks. Phasma's victory march gives turn meter. QGJ gains and removes turn meter on his basic attack, again helped by phasma lead bonus attacks. Rey has huge dps, who will feed off the turn meter control, and wipe your toons out swiftly.
  • Options

Sometimes the situation calls for stunning/dispelling him and burning has **** down before he can turn the tide
  • Options
    Yes, STHan, every time you hit him while he is taunting, the team gains turn meter. Every time you hit him, he has a chance to remove your turn meter. At the start of his turn, he'll remove turn meter. When he uses his basic, he had a good chance to gain good turn meter. Daka is a pro at keeping characters stun locked, especially with phasma lead giving bonus attacks. Phasma's victory march gives turn meter. QGJ gains and removes turn meter on his basic attack, again helped by phasma lead bonus attacks. Rey has huge dps, who will feed off the turn meter control, and wipe your toons out swiftly.

Son of a...

Thank you for clearing that up. I have played against ST Han since he went into the "meta scene" and never faced this issue. Makes sense the way you broke it down with everyone's combined contributions in that specific build. Guess I'll be steering clear of that combo for a while.

Cheers guys.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's Phasma leader probably getting extra procs on other toon assists. Plus QGJ basic reducing your TM with STHAN doing the same. Then when STH is taunting, he grants insane levels of TM on an already fast team that hits hard. There was probably a good deal of RNG bad luck on your side but yeah that can certainly happen if you went in under geared and under leveled.

Edit: hey BTW OP, thanks for having a good sense of humor about it instead of coming to the forums to cry or ask for nerf. I was thoroughly entertained by your post.
  • Options

Son of a...

Thank you for clearing that up. I have played against ST Han since he went into the "meta scene" and never faced this issue. Makes sense the way you broke it down with everyone's combined contributions in that specific build. Guess I'll be steering clear of that combo for a while.

Cheers guys.
    Haha, that's why I call him Saint Han of Turn Meter Manipulation.
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This team can be easily beaten. I know because I use this team but sometimes I switch Rey with GS. ... against droid teams I don't even last 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDRU6pkWPQ
    Post edited by MrWag on
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrWag wrote: »
    This team can be easily beaten because I use this team but sometimes I switch Rey with GS. But against droid teams I don't even last 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDRU6pkWPQ
    You're going to want a dodge lead, and RG to survive that opening wave. Also, look how low your arena power is, you've got no chance with that sort of a power difference.
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You're going to want a dodge lead, and RG to survive that opening wave. Also, look how low your arena power is, you've got no chance with that sort of a power difference.
    I will try with evasion leaders. but for power difference I have won against 37K team. Apparently thats not the case with Droids and JE.

Post edited by MrWag on
  • Options
    So a droid team is one way of countering said Super-Turn-Meter team. Would that be the same result squad power were closer? Or does STMT take Droid at that point?

Also, what's an effective counter to the Droid team? That looked like you'd just be slaughtered no matter who you put in. I'm still in the 20's arena-wise and that will be my place for some time. I'm still seeing the ol' Old Ben lead, RG, blah-blah-blah in every slot so it's back and forth, back and forth....
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    I will try with evasion leaders. but for power difference I have won against 37K team. Apparently thats not the case with Droids and JE.

Yup my droids are sitting 29,xxx arena power and regularly destroy teams with power levels over 37,xxx.
  • Options

Don't forget the slows from Phasma's AoE.

• MrWag
    38 posts Member
    Options

against a similar team only difference is Daka instead of 5s. Opponent has 7k more power. 30K vs 37K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GxFo6dXxqA&feature=youtu.be
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have much problem with droids, I run Rex led clones with RG. Jawa buffs droids, ig88 goes aoe, gives all my clones like 45% TM so they all go then Rex buffs dispelling and filling TM again... Once that initial wave is over RG taunts and echo dispels the crit up, team starts healing and droids get whittled down
  • Options
    I run into this team occasionally, my RG always goes before ST Han and if he misses the stun it's pretty much GG.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    So a droid team is one way of countering said Super-Turn-Meter team. Would that be the same result squad power were closer? Or does STMT take Droid at that point?

Also, what's an effective counter to the Droid team? That looked like you'd just be slaughtered no matter who you put in. I'm still in the 20's arena-wise and that will be my place for some time. I'm still seeing the ol' Old Ben lead, RG, blah-blah-blah in every slot so it's back and forth, back and forth....

To counter a droid team, you simply need to attack them. They are great on offense, but suck at defense.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

against a similar team only difference is Daka instead of 5s. Opponent has 7k more power. 30K vs 37K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GxFo6dXxqA&feature=youtu.be

@MrWag Curious, is your Daka omega'd?
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Ive had my **** handed to me by this team, too. I think it's because all of dakas stuns can really make things go wrong and prevent you from taking care of sth until it's too late.
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Ronon_Dex yes on her basic