Zam to attack five times in a row?

Prev1
Dwinkelm
768 posts Member
Zam's Basic at Max:

Detonating shot - deal physical damage and immediately explode all thermal detonators. Gain 17% turn meter for each detonated that explodes this way for each scoundrel ally.

First, we build an all scoundrel team. Let's assume Greedo and Zam place their thermal detonators and each enemy has two detonators in round one. Zam will gain 170% TM on her first basic attack in the second round, creating s chain effect that can last for five attacks.

Did Zam just single-handedly make thermal detonators a viable special? Let's discuss.

Replies

• Options
    Hey developers...you should allow Zam Wesell to Shapeshift into one of her opponents (perhaps randomly) instead of just being able to evade or even going invisible. Who's with me?!
  • Options
    That would be pretty cool, except with my luck she would get stuck on the Cad Baney Bunny or Ani for multiple turns. Alright, it's been almost 30 minutes, which one of you whalers has him/her/it 7* lvl 9 gear maxed already?
  • Options
    She sounds pretty awesome anyway. https://swgoh.gg/characters/zam-wesell/
  • Options
    Zam Wesell shards in shipment shop for me.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

Meh. Too much reliance on detonators. And I bet that ability gets resisted a lot
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

Meh. Too much reliance on detonators. And I bet that ability gets resisted a lot

97% potency at max. Pretty decent
  • Options
    Hey developers...you should allow Zam Wesell to Shapeshift into one of her opponents (perhaps randomly) instead of just being able to evade or even going invisible. Who's with me?!

Yeah. I had this same idea for another game like this. The shapeshifter should take on the abilities and attributes of which ever opponent attacks them for one turn. They keep their own star and gear level. This would discourage strong opponents from attacking them.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Shang Tsung of Star Wars...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    You realize you can't gain more than 100% turn meter right?
  • Gravytrain0815
    154 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Zam is also not her own ally. so he could technically gain 138% and no more, unless you have 3 but what would be the point?

Also If you have the right characters, Zam should be no problem for you... Rebel and Clone teams should handle her with ease

Rex, and Ackbar can dispel the Detonators from your squad using their dispel team abilities. Ewok elder also has this ability.

Zam isn't a toon to be afraid of.

Edit: I meant Rex not echo
  • Gravytrain0815
    154 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Also while I'm at it...

Zam under an Evasion leader may present a bit of a challenge. The tough part will be killing her, not dealing with multiple attacks in a row...

B2 (though he is Paid only right now) is an excellent counter to Zam... You can lower her evasion, and if she still evades(would remove the evasion down effect due to her dispelling herself due to her Unique ability)you will be able to potentially gain 100% turn meter and put the negative evasion right back onto her.

Edit: Typo
  • Options
    You only need 3 scoundrels to reach 100% TM gain assuming two detonators land. Considering her attack damage isn't very high, I think it would rely on how much damage her own TDs deal (Greedo's, for example, deal about 0 damage). It looks like Lando will outperform her easily as it is.
    However, the AoE evasion down might be very good to help Lando against dodge teams, and she should attack pretty quickly as long as she always hits a target with a TD.
    Perhaps she might even make some great combo with JE? Probably not, but might be fun to try.
  • Options
    You only need 3 scoundrels to reach 100% TM gain assuming two detonators land. Considering her attack damage isn't very high, I think it would rely on how much damage her own TDs deal (Greedo's, for example, deal about 0 damage). It looks like Lando will outperform her easily as it is.
    However, the AoE evasion down might be very good to help Lando against dodge teams, and she should attack pretty quickly as long as she always hits a target with a TD.
    Perhaps she might even make some great combo with JE? Probably not, but might be fun to try.

You make an excellent point, she makes an excellent addition to new scoundrel team possibilities... But she is too reliable on the detonators, which can be dispelled.

And if they are dispelled, she can't put them down for 5 more turns... (Level 8 detonators ability has a 5 turn cooldown)
  • Veradun
    31 posts Member
    Options
    This is the same Zam that tried to kill Padme, lost an arm 5 minutes later to Obi Wan and was killed by Jango before she could divulge too much information, yes? Total screen time = maybe 10 minutes. Yet the same Kenobi is absent from this game. Galaxy of HEROES is clearly a misnomer.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, that Zam. Also no Padme, Jango, or even Dexter (who arguably still had more screen time)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think she just detonates all of the detonators on the target enemy... She would
    need to be teamed with Nute, Greedo, Mob Enforcer and Jawa Engineer to ever get 100+ TM.

Still desirable and will improve detonators imo
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    There's already an Old Ben. I kind of like them to take things slowly :)
  • Veradun
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Commander Cody?
  • Veradun
    31 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Yes, that Zam. Also no Padme, Jango, or even Dexter (who arguably still had more screen time)

The poisonous bugs had more screen time. Jango with an allfather leader ability that could enable clones and boba on the same team would be unique.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Veradun wrote: »
    This is the same Zam that tried to kill Padme, lost an arm 5 minutes later to Obi Wan and was killed by Jango before she could divulge too much information, yes? Total screen time = maybe 10 minutes. Yet the same Kenobi is absent from this game. Galaxy of HEROES is clearly a misnomer.

You realize Old Daka was in Clone Wars for 10 seconds right? Screen time means nothing. Which can be good or bad. They're probably saving Jedi Knight Obi Wan for a special event.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    How come she doesn't have a "Release the Kouhuns" special? I'd like to see giant centipedes crawling around.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Cody?

Please this
  • Options
    You just need Greedo and 2 other scoundrels.

And the other 2 don't need to be ones that can use detonators

If Greedo AND Zam use their detonator abilities, all of the opponents will have 2 detonators on them each. (Both Greedo and Zam apply detonators to all enemies)

With 3 total allies (Zam not included) and a 17% turn meter gain for each, PER detonator, you get 51% Turn Meter for each detonator, and since there are 2, you end up with 102% turn meter.

Theoretically, she could attack all 5 enemies at once, because she will gain 102% turn meter for all 5 attacks.

A team such as this would be able to protect Zam, with RG Taunt, and Zam evasion. Plus additional Speed for the whole team except RG

Lando (L)

Greedo

Zam

Han Solo

Royal Guard

Although Zam is still easily countered if the other side had Team Negative Effect Dispel.
  • Veradun
    31 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

You realize Old Daka was in Clone Wars for 10 seconds right? Screen time means nothing. Which can be good or bad. They're probably saving Jedi Knight Obi Wan for a special event.

I never heard of Old Daka before this game and I own every book. I get it, SW Rebels. Yet they shun Talzin?
  • Options
    Jar Jar! I kid... kind of.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah i just 7* her and geared her up. Pretty sick.

Just kidding
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I read: give each scoundrel ally 17%tm per detonator, which, after rereading the ability description, is incorrect but arguably better.
    Either way she will be rediculously fast.
  • Gravytrain0815
    154 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kevez wrote: »
    I read: give each scoundrel ally 17%tm per detonator, which, after rereading the ability description, is incorrect but arguably better.
    Either way she will be rediculously fast.

Um no.

It's per detonator, maybe not at level 1, but check these abilities.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/zam-wesell/

"for each detonator that explodes in this way

Edit: And no scoundrel allies on her team gain Turn Meter, Just Zam
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Right. I am conceding that.
    The confusion was that she apparently gets all of the tm herself (17xD)xA when D=# of detonators and A=# of scoundrel allies. I originally thought that "for each detonator that explodes in this way" every scoundrel gets 17% tm
  • Options
    Ohhh I apologize @Kevez

I was misunderstanding you lol