Cody Suggestion

Commander Cody
(With Phase II helmet)
Light Side
Clone

Basic Ability:
Deal Physical Damage to target enemy. This attack deals 5% more damage for every living Clone in the team.

Special Ability:
Dispell all negative status effects from one random ally. Each ally gains 10% Turn Meter for each effect dispelled this way. If no ally has a negative status effect, all allies gain Offense Up for 1 Turn.

Unique Ability:
Whenever any ally is defeated, all remaining allies revover 5% of Cody's Max Health.

Leader Ability:
Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 16% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is a Clone.

What do you think? Would this be a good addition to the game? Is this concept of Cody too weak/strong?

Replies

• Options
    I think this is a pretty solid start. Couple recommendations:

1) Special Ability: "Back in the Fight" healing ability similar to the Stormtrooper Commander (just use the same animation). Cody heals all group heals at a level and cool down similar to Jedi Consular. Omega level gives a 30% chance to resurrect Clone characters and 15% non-clones. Logic is that Rex already has a pretty powerful dispel and the only role the Clone team doesn't have is a burst heal to augment the regen they can get from Echo.

2) Second Special Ability: "Tactical Opportunity" grenade AOE that does light damage, however, has a big critical damage jump and high potency "Slow" and "Defense Down" chance for targets. Omega adds a chance to stun. Logic...gives a group debuff capability to the clone squad.

2) Leader ability: "Coordinated Attack" basically take your proposed leader ability and make it equal to Phasma's level (20% chance for assist, 15% less dmg for assisting attacker). Omega level adds 10% TM to Cody and assisting attacker if assist activates and Clones get 15% more damage. Logic...puts light / dark side characters on even footing and makes Cody an equally valuable Clone Leader Option as Rex.

Your proposed Basic and Unique abilities are pretty solid and with the proposed adjustments that would be a character I would be very keen to get in my clone squad.

Just my opinion.
  • daddydanks
    96 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    personally, this is captian phasma only a lot less potent.... plus echo kinda does this on his own, instead of calling other allies in he calls himself to assist so there isn't much point of assists with him if you already have a character that does that...... you have to kind of compare him to rex and that rex's leader ability is super good for extending the life of the clones who over all (excluding fives) have pretty low health). 15% health increase is real good plus turn meter when suffering crits is also nice so you've got to geive people enough incentive to use cody or rex as a leader and give some sort of big benefit to both. You've got to think about what you want cody to be.... an attacker, a tank, a support, or a combination of them. One thing to consider here is maybe his backstory as a clone, what things has he done that could transfer over to his ability and kit.

Here are my suggestians:

CC-2224 "Commander Cody'
    Health: roughly 15,000
    speed: 145
    class: support, attacker

Basic: "Veteran Aim" deal no physical damage, but instead deal 15% of targets health as damage, omega upgrade: clone allies gain speed up if this attack kills.

Special: "Commander's Intuition" all allies gain 50% turn meter and Clone allies gain 10% protection for each living ally.

Leader: "Leader of the 501st Legion" All Allies gain 15 speed Omega: Clone allies gain 100% life steal on enemies that have a buff.

Passive: "No man left behind" Cody has a 15% chance to revive a random ally with 10% health, 10% chance to revive a clone ally with 50% health and a 5% chance to revive a clone ally with 100% health (he can only revive one character). Omega: Cody has +10% defense for each living ally.

This will allow Cody to be a mildly potent attacker while still fulfilling a support role as a the Commander he is. He could also be the only speed boosting leader that works with all allies rather than a group. This shows that you can use him with other heroes but you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of him without clones.
  • Options
    Don't give him a leader ability, Rex is fine. Give him another special or a unique
  • Options
    I made a thread for commander Fox, but I guess it could double as Cody
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I really appreciate your Feedback and Suggestions!