Easy/Moderate/Difficult Content

Datika
50 posts Member
I encourage the devs to design and develop solo content in the future, which allows the user to tailor their experience, meaning: you may select your difficulty setting for the challenge, but it will impact your reward payout, similar to Raids.

I've enjoyed some of the more challenging material implemented (e.g. Empire Event), but a discouraging pattern has emerged when content proves difficult - the forum becomes littered with posts demanding nerfs and an incredibly reflexive response - a dramatic reduction in difficulty- usually follows.

Most recently, we've witnessed the stark changes in difficulty with the Yoda Event and GW. I concede they were far too difficult for most and required adjustments, but they have been drastically transformed into almost perfunctory exercises, devoid of any challenge.

However, it is clear there is nothing we can do to attenuate the criticism from users on the forums, regarding the need to nerf content. What we can do is take preemptive action and allow all new content to be tiered to give users more options.

I desire some truly, mindnumbingly difficult content, which requires trial-and-error and a heavy dose of patience to accomplish. But, I acknowledge others do not have the roster nor the interest in such gameplay. Give use both the option to experience our desired brand of gameplay.

Replies

• Options
    I spent almost 3 hours on the Yoda event to get home to 7*. Trial and error, over and over again.

Then... The very next day? They had nerfed and suddenly everyone was getting 7* Yoda in one or two attempts.

I was so very angry about it. Yoda shouldn't have been easy. They negated all the hard work I put it in and made it a "gimme".
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Datika wrote: »
    I desire some truly, mindnumbingly difficult content, which requires trial-and-error and a heavy dose of patience to accomplish. But, I acknowledge others do not have the roster nor the interest in such gameplay. Give use both the option to experience our desired brand of gameplay.

Try cantina 7G and dark side hard 7D. I've yet to 3* either.
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

You really lost the thread of the story. SMH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    As long as the more difficult content is more rewarding, people are going to complain. Specially with events. i like the idea though
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

dark side hard 7D is a typo ? thought you were a whale O_o
  • McPot45
    133 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the tier's being able to be changed, what I would have a problem with is if the payouts are different. The problem is not that people are unable to complete GW before the problem was that it was taking entirely too long to do. If you want a challenge I'm all for you being able to do it at a more difficult setting to satisfy your desires to be frustrated with a mobile game, but don't make us all need to do it to stay competitive by making the rewards different. That way if you want a challenge you can get it but people won't be forced to do the more difficult setting because as everyone knows the credit gate is real.
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    McPot45 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the tier's being able to be changed, what I would have a problem with is if the payouts are different. The problem is not that people are unable to complete GW before the problem was that it was taking entirely too long to do. If you want a challenge I'm all for you being able to do it at a more difficult setting to satisfy your desires to be frustrated with a mobile game, but don't make us all need to do it to stay competitive by making the rewards different. That way if you want a challenge you can get it but people won't be forced to do the more difficult setting because as everyone knows the credit gate is real.

I'm not arguing against any of the points you raised regarding GW - I concur. What I would like to see for FUTURE content is varying degrees of difficulty offered to players. If you're capable of completing a more difficult tier, you get a nominal increase in rewards.

Aside from TVI/TVII raids, there is no challenging content in the game for lvl 80 players.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think the rewards need to be meaningfully different day for events 50k more credits so over a week you would lose out on 350k credits or about 300 crystals worth which could be purchased.

Skill/Time should be able compete with money just like in arena ranks.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I don't think the rewards need to be meaningfully different day for events 50k more credits so over a week you would lose out on 350k credits or about 300 crystals worth which could be purchased.

i dont disagree per se, but there are always going to be players with Skill+time+money. Having been a member on this forum for some time now, i believe the 350k extra credits per week is going to be an "issue"
    "the whales have the rosters to complete it, so why do they get the extra credits ?!" etc.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

i dont disagree per se, but there are always going to be players with Skill+time+money. Having been a member on this forum for some time now, i believe the 350k extra credits per week is going to be an "issue"
    "the whales have the rosters to complete it, so why do they get the extra credits ?!" etc.

And those people likely deserve to be marginally ahead of other people. Or else you have a situation like the guild leaderboard where everyone is tied for first
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I encourage the devs to design and develop solo content in the future, which allows the user to tailor their experience, meaning: you may select your difficulty setting for the challenge, but it will impact your reward payout, similar to Raids.

I've enjoyed some of the more challenging material implemented (e.g. Empire Event), but a discouraging pattern has emerged when content proves difficult - the forum becomes littered with posts demanding nerfs and an incredibly reflexive response - a dramatic reduction in difficulty- usually follows.

Most recently, we've witnessed the stark changes in difficulty with the Yoda Event and GW. I concede they were far too difficult for most and required adjustments, but they have been drastically transformed into almost perfunctory exercises, devoid of any challenge.

However, it is clear there is nothing we can do to attenuate the criticism from users on the forums, regarding the need to nerf content. What we can do is take preemptive action and allow all new content to be tiered to give users more options.

I'd like to see something similar. However two problems with GW, just to pick on it, were 1) it was timed placing too much emphasis on daily grind which just exacerbated people's frustration and 2) the randomness (or lack thereof) changed the focus from how do I win to how do I win "perfectly". I would suggest that far fewer people would have complained had they been given a week to complete it rather than a day and had they been allowed to focus on battle strategy rather than resource conservation and future planning (both have their place but the implementation seemed very flawed here).

For new content I'd like to see untimed or long time content (a week or a month maybe) where there is progressively advanced strategy involved with unlimited retries and adaptive AI for tailored rewards. They could do something where you have 7 branched battle tiers stocked with enemies that require you to use multiple teams and strategies to reach a reward based on the team(s) used for example. The hope would be they would customize, to an extent, strategic content without the pressure of dailies, where the player gets to focus on the fight in front of them (and maybe limited resource planning), has some say in their reward, and "new" content is the addition of another branched tier and the completion of old untried paths. The SWGOH equivalent of an adaptive, endless, dungeon crawl where you pick your path to a prize you want.