The average number of naturally crafted items is over 2

Palanthian
1262 posts Member
So says @CG_JohnSalera. I think this statement, alone, is worth considering in some detail.

Does this really sound reasonable for 2 months worth of raiding?

This statement tells me the gear reward system needs some serious tuning, what kind of progression can players expect at this rate?

Replies

• MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I abhor averages!

Avengers are for bigots, sinners and trumpets!
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    The time it takes to grind a piece of gear is irrelevant - as long as it is the same for everybody.
    But since they messed up by allowing people to precraft, they should delay this kind of gear grind until the next level increase. Right now, to use Anakin's words, is just not fair.
  • Options
    Yup sure does. If you want more, pay money.
  • Options
    Sounds about right if you've had good luck. I have not with the raid exclusive gear. I do have a MK7 Nubian scanner thingy ready for Teebo when I'm able to get a Droid Caller for him. So I guess I will have 1 naturally crafted gear but ironically, I can't use it till I get the 1 that I cannot seems to get. Amassed 17 of those droid callers after about 30 raids.

So yes, I would have to agree that it is painfully slow.
  • Options
    At Heroic tier raids, your chance for getting fully crafted gear goes up drastically. We had about 2-3 pieces per raid in the guild.
  • Options
    Remember that the averages they're using include all players, including those 10 guys at the bottom of the guild who never participate in anything. Active players are likely to be higher. Between what I've purchased in shipments and crafted through raids, one of my accounts is doing pretty well, and I've stopped buying the Mark V furnaces when they come up. I haven't really been counting, but I've probably gotten 5-6 of them, plus a couple of the guild-only items. I'm totally FTP. Someone who is buying crystals and had good luck in shipments probably could have gotten more. I had to pass on a few when they came up because I didn't have the crystals to buy them.
  • Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    At Heroic tier raids, your chance for getting fully crafted gear goes up drastically. We had about 2-3 pieces per raid in the guild.
    Fooey. Haven't ran a T7 yet unfortunately. It seems like my current guild is on the verge of running one though. So maybe things will start looking up.
  • Options
    It does sound about right. I was getting though, regardless of placement in raids all furnace salvage. Was 5/6 last 6 raids furnace to other. So completely RNG based what you get sadly.

The other thing is you still have to craft the rest of it after the salvage. There is non raid only componants, and as decent number that go in.

Some advice I have, since the slog is slow collecting the raid gear is this:

Use your daily days on LS/DS, HN to triple dip- you earn personal coins, guild raid coins, but also precraft(yes bad word here) the other componants needed for the raid pieces. As people point out I'm p2p so I hit a "darn I need this to finish that gear" I just buy refreshes or crystals to do it. Those who are F2P MAXIMIZE your energy and crystals. Use those daily days to farm the rest for caller, scanner, tech, furnace so when you have that happy day of hitting 50 salvage you are not bummed finding out you have to farm more stuff.

Secondly as tempting as JE and the pig are, do you really need to add to the gear and credit crunch? Same with those appetizing Rey and EE shards. Unless they are close I'd resist. I did unlock the pig, I did by 10 EE shards to finish. I spend on nothing but gear. Despite my droids dying for JE and the many Pig build Ideas I have. Gear is king, and gear is a huge wall right now so I personally save all guild currency and use it when I can finish salvage off. Example being I'll have say 25 Scanners and 25 callers, 25 furnace, and I score and get 40 design tech in raid and I have likr 5k saved. I'm dumping the coins to finish the design tech. While as you get them it could be tempting to by 5-10 here or there to build your 25, but if your luck is like mine the day after you do that you get 40 of another and no longer have the coinage to buy the 10.

Take what I said as you will. I'm just sharing two approaches I personally use that have been helpful in my fight on the raid gear front. I hope it helps someone.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    It does sound about right. I was getting though, regardless of placement in raids all furnace salvage. Was 5/6 last 6 raids furnace to other. So completely RNG based what you get sadly.

The other thing is you still have to craft the rest of it after the salvage. There is non raid only componants, and as decent number that go in.

Use your daily days on LS/DS, HN to triple dip- you earn personal coins, guild raid coins, but also precraft(yes bad word here) the other componants needed for the raid pieces. As people point out I'm p2p so I hit a "darn I need this to finish that gear" I just buy refreshes or crystals to do it. Those who are F2P MAXIMIZE your energy and crystals. Use those daily days to farm the rest for caller, scanner, tech, furnace so when you have that happy day of hitting 50 salvage you are not bummed finding out you have to farm more stuff.

Secondly as tempting as JE and the pig are, do you really need to add to the gear and credit crunch? Same with those appetizing Rey and EE shards. Unless they are close I'd resist. I did unlock the pig, I did by 10 EE shards to finish. I spend on nothing but gear. Despite my droids dying for JE and the many Pig build Ideas I have. Gear is king, and gear is a huge wall right now so I personally save all guild currency and use it when I can finish salvage off. Example being I'll have say 25 Scanners and 25 callers, 25 furnace, and I score and get 40 design tech in raid and I have likr 5k saved. I'm dumping the coins to finish the design tech. While as you get them it could be tempting to by 5-10 here or there to build your 25, but if your luck is like mine the day after you do that you get 40 of another and no longer have the coinage to buy the 10.

Take what I said as you will. I'm just sharing two approaches I personally use that have been helpful in my fight on the raid gear front. I hope it helps someone.

Great advice! This is almost exactly what I've been doing.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Very sound advice Shawn.
  • Options

Really good and sensible advice!