Yoda/Palpatine

Shock
67 posts Member
edited January 2016
WHO is for Yoda and palpatine as The strongest character in The upcoming update and in The whole Game? It would like it if palpatine got a Force Lightning and Yoda Maybe Healing Skills

Yoda/Palpatine 101 votes

Yoda strongest in whole game
59%
PuttinInWorkAilanAlclonnRheenDarkHavenmasterringi42cosmicturtle333fuziyamaO8c8h80ImperialRebelbleeaauuhSundodgerPoerliIM_UR_UPGRADEDarthVanioDaykosKernSoloAustinAbysmalDarkside 60 votes
Palpatine strongest
21%
RolfDoomsheepFLIK87Terrorize89TyberZannjpiishCamalusSakichanZtyleSlythRinnShinobiD_MillennialItscaptainphasmaASDFQWERZXVCKAULIllMaRtiinnZekexGiranKenorSgt_StrategyDayma 22 votes
General Grevious
18%
Miss_DollMaestroWarrenWWJDlGhostChiliAbyssDrakeAdamWOtarTavenRendarPure_PazaakCronozNLD0SRAREMonadoPyroRenKr4itok_UroRRuRRRChronickAwar 19 votes
Post edited by Shock on

Replies

• Options
    What about Darth Plagius or Malak and Revan? Or Exar Khun?
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    if yoda was still young, like before phantom menace, he would have been the strongest, then yes, but by the last movie, return of the jedi, he is old and weaker, (maybe bit senile too, lolz) if they make only one yoda in this game, i doubt he'd be the strongest toon, i think vader/anikin or the emperor should be the strongest, especially anikin, those high medicloren counts are of the charts in phantom menace. he he
  • Options

Exar. Oh please.

(Have they used any "Legends" characters, or is that just not gonna happen?)

To the OP, Yoda and Palpatine should be equivalent yin/yang power levels.

And as an Old Dude, can I just say Junk Greivous, doesn't anyone still have an ion cannon or a restraining bolt?? How was that hunk of junk a problem?
  • Options
    Star killer, nuff said!
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Star killer, nuff said!

+100
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    General Grevious
    Pretty sure in star wars lore, sidious was just goofing around w/ mace/yoda an since everyone is always saying how they were the strongest, i gotta trump the whole idea here and say if your looking fir a toon to finally make "OP" then sidious would be the obvious pick given that he coulda ended all the jedi single handedly if he so chose.

Im a massive GG fan so of course we need the good general ;) hope they make him a god too (remmeber he was a jedi killer an collected their sabers as trophys)

#weneedgrievous
  • Options
    Revan would be a really interesting character if they made him Jedi AND sith at the same time.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine strongest
    In a one-on-one it's gotta be The Palps. Heck, we even saw them fight in E3 and which one had to go running to hide on a swamp planet?

But Yoda was more powerful in the long run. He had a plan, and a look at the future to know how the children of Skywalker would eventually bring back peace. Jedi are good like that, but in this game where it's just about fighting aptitude it's The Emporer FTW.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Palpatine strongest
    Rolf wrote: »
    In a one-on-one it's gotta be The Palps. Heck, we even saw them fight in E3 and which one had to go running to hide on a swamp planet?

But Yoda was more powerful in the long run. He had a plan, and a look at the future to know how the children of Skywalker would eventually bring back peace. Jedi are good like that, but in this game where it's just about fighting aptitude it's The Emporer FTW.

Did you forget the emperor had a plan too? Lol. A two decade long plan which brought down the Republic and brought the Jedi to near extinction, right under Yoda and all the other Jedis noses. The fact that he did that shows just how powerful he is, without even taking his knowledge of the force and his skills into account.

The only reason Palpatine was shown to be a poor fighter against Windu and Yoda is the fact that Ian McDiarmid who played Palpatine, simply wasn't up to the physical strain and demand of the role. But due to all the close ups, they couldn't bring in a double or cgi, it had to be Ian.
  • Options
    General Grevious
    Grevious, droids rule! :smile:
    (obviously he shouldn't really be the most powerful, but I can vote for who I want :wink: )
  • Options
    are we all gonna ignore that yoda & sid both fought to a stalemate ? Literally equal in power
  • Options
    Palpatine strongest
    I have my doubts about a jedi master that cant speak proper english
  • Options
    are we all gonna ignore that yoda & sid both fought to a stalemate ? Literally equal in power

I would also agree it's 50/50. Both use their surroundings extremely well, maybe the only advantage one has over the other is Yoda with a lightsaber, and that's only because Emperor was to slow to keep up.
  • Tweggiejack
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok first off yoda is 900 years old so prime years yoda would be beast. And the emperor lost part of his life just bringing it to a stalemate fight so if the emperor and yoda had to fight in a week again yoda would have killed him cause he used to much dark energy the first time and would probably kill himself the second time trying to fight little yoda
  • Options
    I vote Yoda AND Sidious is my avatar!
  • Options
    General Grevious
    Jyykson wrote: »

Exar. Oh please.

(Have they used any "Legends" characters, or is that just not gonna happen?)

To the OP, Yoda and Palpatine should be equivalent yin/yang power levels.

And as an Old Dude, can I just say Junk Greivous, doesn't anyone still have an ion cannon or a restraining bolt?? How was that hunk of junk a problem?

HK-47 is in game, although someone in the forums linked me to an image showing that Kylo's lightsaber design was linked to Malachor, aka Malachor V. So, it's entirely possible that the Old Republic era will be considered canon in the future, which would open up possibilities for this game a lot more. I can't see why Disney would want to lose out on that part of the fanbase, due to the popularity of the games and the stories in novel and comic form. Especially since their new bad boy poster child is a Revan wannabe.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options

Did you forget the emperor had a plan too? Lol. A two decade long plan which brought down the Republic and brought the Jedi to near extinction, right under Yoda and all the other Jedis noses. The fact that he did that shows just how powerful he is, without even taking his knowledge of the force and his skills into account.

The only reason Palpatine was shown to be a poor fighter against Windu and Yoda is the fact that Ian McDiarmid who played Palpatine, simply wasn't up to the physical strain and demand of the role. But due to all the close ups, they couldn't bring in a double or cgi, it had to be Ian.

Eh, not buying into this whole "Palpatine planned everything down to the T" and thus, is the strongest argument. Yes, a master planner and manipulator, but not stronger than Yoda in terms of the Force. If he were the strongest as some claim, he should have then killed Yoda outright in the duel. He should have not been killed by Vader. It is not typical for a Sith apprentice to kill his master? He did that himself and to say he didn't see it coming (and prepared against it) makes this "planned everything, knows everything and the strongest" argument thrown out of the window.

Give him every credit for what he did, but let's not sugar-coat it too much. Very strong in the Dark Side of the Force, but equally strong was Yoda in the Light Side of the Force.
  • Options
    General Grevious
    Grievious just because I expected him in this game by now. Yoda will come eventually but there has been no sign of Grievious yet. I wanna see a 4 lightsaber armed droid! :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Shock
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine strongest
    We assume that every noticed character have His stats from His best Part of Living so maximal dmg. And Ye....
  • Options
    Revan Jedi/Sith big HK/47 synergy
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Palpatine strongest
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Eh, not buying into this whole "Palpatine planned everything down to the T" and thus, is the strongest argument. Yes, a master planner and manipulator, but not stronger than Yoda in terms of the Force. If he were the strongest as some claim, he should have then killed Yoda outright in the duel. He should have not been killed by Vader. It is not typical for a Sith apprentice to kill his master? He did that himself and to say he didn't see it coming (and prepared against it) makes this "planned everything, knows everything and the strongest" argument thrown out of the window.

Give him every credit for what he did, but let's not sugar-coat it too much. Very strong in the Dark Side of the Force, but equally strong was Yoda in the Light Side of the Force.

Considering he was able to look Yoda in the eye for almost 2 decades while bringing down the Republic from the inside, I'd say he's absolutely stronger in the force. If Yoda was as equally powerful, surely he'd have guesses or sensed. Dooku even bluntly told Obi Wan, who told Yoda that Sideous controlled the Senate, and yet it still never clicked. Face it, Sideous ran circles around the entire Jedi Oder, he lured Anakin to the dark side, giving him advice and even snippets of forbidden Sith lore to him bluntly and still he wasn't discovered.

As for their duel, considering Ian's physical limitations for his age, the fight was in his favour for the most part before ending in a draw and Yoda fleeing. Also, don't forget that mere hours before, Sideous was in a 4 v 1 duel and allowed himself to be maimed to force Anakins fall to the dark side. That would have excerted him somewhat while all Yoda did was sit on Chewies shoulders.

And who said he's not prepared against it? ;) he did in Legends and it's still entirely possible he did in epi 7+.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    General Grevious
    @Terrorize89 Sorry but Sid isn't all powerful, he's just like Bill Gates and jumped in a great opportunity, his master Darth Plagueis did all the work!
  • Options
    Palpatine strongest
    Ye and now Guys WHO would say that Darth plagueis should ne The strongest if he find place in coming Update??
    Sorry i Cant add it to our Poll and i dont want Start a new with this ask so pls Tell me here and Quote it or something like this;)
  • Options
    Palpatine strongest
    Shock wrote: »
    Ye and now Guys WHO would say that Darth plagueis should ne The strongest if he find place in coming Update??
    Sorry i Cant add it to our Poll and i dont want Start a new with this ask so pls Tell me here and Quote it or something like this;)

Ahh
    And dont forget about Darth Bane Maybe of have some other Ideas?
  • Options
    What about Darth Yoda and Jedi Palpatine that would be kool.
  • Options
    Palpatine strongest
    What about Darth Yoda and Jedi Palpatine that would be kool.

Ye it would but i dont think so because they dont were in The Star Wars.

Spoiler!!!!!!

And what about a new Character like snoke from Episode 7??