PC/XBONE/PS4 SWGOH Game

NCNER8R
162 posts Member
edited June 2016
The game is pretty amazing, there is little denying that. We can argue about implementation of events, catering to P2W, protection, guild hopping, but there is no denying, at it's core, this is an amazing game. I don't believe I have seen such a balanced game in quite some time. Most games are constantly changing the META, which is frustrating. How do you get away from a constantly changing META? You create a game where there is a ton of balance. Shocking that this has been achieved moreso than any game I have played.

The big question here is, would you purchase this as a console/PC game? If it had a story line, semi-open or open world, or even MMO like? I feel like there is a vast amount of untapped potential with this game and it could be wildly successful on other platforms. Thoughts?

PC/XBONE/PS4 SWGOH Game 50 votes

No!
38%
cosmicturtle333jeremyj26benacrowKAULIDookiedog68papnworsAmaltheaAegisSaigeSamuraiDarth_ShecklerDani_PvPTimitockEchoDeltaBradGoodyearhimobiNienNunbNicolasRageCtrlAltEliteMrGrips 19 votes
Yes!
46%
J7000DarthNicoquigonkennyGej15giggsyscca325isdbraba01futszaqAznpwr99NoelemahcDarth_VladJJWZP5Jdm1a0DimesandPenniesTheHorseKevinli99JBeeBeeAteZAKKDS_Vent_DesignerAsavanor 23 votes
Maybe?! Explain....
16%
Mr_CNaugrinJensxnbehr228HandoOhnaka6Ego12Draconisdirty_quesadillaEscapeArtist51 8 votes

Replies

• Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe?! Explain....
    That would be a different game.
  • Gej15
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    So final fantasy 7 had the same turn base game style and was considered one of the best games at the time/ever so it could be done. But it would be interesting how they would turn it from the holotable to an semi open world game like that one was
  • Options
    Yes!
    yea if there was a final fantasy version of this game I'd absolutely buy it. Half the reason I play this game is the grind/progression is reminiscent of FF days.

And I assume if it was a game I'd just pay like $60 upfront for it so that seems like a win. Even if it were like $100 upfront I'd probably do it. FF/super grindy games last way way longer than the average game
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Put it on gear vr. If battlefront can have a vr mission, why can't we have one?
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    You mean like The Old Republic but more static turn based battles? You couldn't just translate this game into what you're describing - that's an entirely different game and would require all the masses of resources that making a console/PC game entails. I encourage you to watch the EA E3 broadcast regarding the Star Wars franchise - there are a bunch of different games being worked on.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Why would it be hard? FF7 style turn based. No need for crazy graphics. It wouldn't be a whole new game. Same battle mechanics, styles, etc.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Aren't the old Knights of the Old Republic games basically what you are describing? I could be wrong though. lol
  • Options
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    Why would it be hard? FF7 style turn based. No need for crazy graphics. It wouldn't be a whole new game. Same battle mechanics, styles, etc.
    Because it's a completely different platform and you're suggesting completely different content with open worlds amongst other stuff. CG doesn't have any experience in non-mobile games, so it would even have to be another developer.
  • Options
    I don't believe I have seen such a balanced game in quite some time.

Stopped reading here.

Genuinely not trolling - you should really try some other games. I've been here since the beginning (soft release in October 2015) and seen all the updates and metas come and go. When every single "meta" has been determined by 1-5 out of 80+ characters, balanced is the last word I would use to describe this game.

Not trying to start an argument here - let's talk about it. Where are you coming from when you say you find the game balanced? Which parts of the game? What's your gaming history like?
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't believe I have seen such a balanced game in quite some time.

Stopped reading here.

Genuinely not trolling - you should really try some other games. I've been here since the beginning (soft release in October 2015) and seen all the updates and metas come and go. When every single "meta" has been determined by 1-5 out of 80+ characters, balanced is the last word I would use to describe this game.

Not trying to start an argument here - let's talk about it. Where are you coming from when you say you find the game balanced? Which parts of the game? What's your gaming history like?

Why don't you offer some examples of games that are better balanced? No matter what you play there is always significant imbalance on squads, characters, teams, and/or weapons.

Now you can complain about Dooku lead in this game in the past, but lets be real. The overall team composition varies significantly in regards to PVP and even noticed in GW. That's even during the "soft launch days". I have been here since near the beginning. There are still people trying different team compositions to this day. Also, you fail to realize that only 5 characters were used because everyone said that was the META or people assumed that was the META from the start. Just because, early on, people didn't have the variety of characters open does not necessarily mean it's unbalanced. Do you see any META posts now? Show me a team that is unbeatable, and I will beat it (with comparable gear level obviously).

I want you to show me a more balanced game and make an argument for it. Don't just throw out some blanket statements about how last year there were 5 toons everyone used. Let's talk about today....
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Because it's a completely different platform and you're suggesting completely different content with open worlds amongst other stuff. CG doesn't have any experience in non-mobile games, so it would even have to be another developer.

That is understandable, but it doesn't mean they couldn't collaborate or consult each other.
  • Options

dbraba01 wrote: »
    Put it on gear vr. If battlefront can have a vr mission, why can't we have one?

because DICE is a good developer, AND they're swedish aka masterrace