Aayla, the next farmable toon?

Do you think that this event means that Aayla will be the next farmable chromium toon? I would love to see Aayla become farmable, since she has always been someone I've wanted on my team.

Replies

• Options
    Yes.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think it'll be someone garbage again. QGJ, Old Ben, Leia, and Lando (sort of) are all good former chromiums that were released to f2p. Tankin (sort of) and Cad Bane are the 2 bad chromiums that have been added as f2p. I think they've added too many good chromiums vs bad chromiums so my prediction for next chromiums will be Kit Fisto.

EDIT: Please remind me if I missed anyone else that was formerly chromium.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Aayla is not bad but not great. I use her on my arena team but only for lack of better options
  • Options
    She better be or all the shards from the event this week are a complete waste of time and crystals. She should become farmable the moment the event is over if you ask me.

And, she IS great. In fact, she is meta for many top squads.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Not on my shard
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    She has been on stand by for me. I unlocked her in a cpack for 350 crystals. Got her to g7 lv 75 but still only 3* :(
  • Options
    I think it'll be someone garbage again. QGJ, Old Ben, Leia, and Lando (sort of) are all good former chromiums that were released to f2p. Tankin (sort of) and Cad Bane are the 2 bad chromiums that have been added as f2p. I think they've added too many good chromiums vs bad chromiums so my prediction for next chromiums will be Kit Fisto.

Was Lando ever chromium? I thought he went straight to cantina 1&5 E
  • Options

Was Lando ever chromium? I thought he went straight to cantina 1&5 E

Way back when he was chromium. He actually was used a lot in the early game meta.
  • Options
    I doubt it. I think they threw her name out there on this event to get people excited about it
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    It's going to be either Fisto or Aayla next since they have been available for the longest?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    It's going to be either Fisto or Aayla next since they have been available for the longest?

Maul, Fisto, Aayla are the last three launch chromium left.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Oh yeah I forgot about Maul. So one out of the three then.
    I suspect they will save Maul for a special occasion like the anniversary though (I thought they would save Leia for that, but apparently I thought wrong).
  • Options

I think im fine if they want to throw Aayla to the f2p as long as Kit gets buffed or reworked or something so he doesnt rely on IMA DI to be a little useful.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think Aayla could well be next. And if she isn't she will seemingly be one day. So just wait or do as I did and spend 5k crystals in Shipments over the course of a week just to see her (Leia) added as farmable two weeks later.
  • Options
    I hope so;
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I think im fine if they want to throw Aayla to the f2p as long as Kit gets buffed or reworked or something so he doesnt rely on IMA DI to be a little useful.

Even Aayla is only meh. Certainly better than kit or maul, but just not that great. Sadly though, she's still better than most of the premium toons that have been added. I think the only two really worth anything are Rex and sun fac. I think CG has done a very poor job of releasing worthwhile premium content. Both the quality and iconic names are just not there.
  • Ixias0
    29 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a feeling that these Force Champions events will be the way to farm Aayla and Kit and that they'll be recurring events. I'm all for different ways to get the characters and some added variety!
  • Options

Even Aayla is only meh. Certainly better than kit or maul, but just not that great. Sadly though, she's still better than most of the premium toons that have been added. I think the only two really worth anything are Rex and sun fac. I think CG has done a very poor job of releasing worthwhile premium content. Both the quality and iconic names are just not there.

This +1
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Ixias0 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that these Force Champions events will be the way to farm Aayla and Kit and that they'll be recurring events. I'm all for different ways to get the characters and some added variety!

Too bad it's not a very effective way to farm. We were only guaranteed Aayla shards the first time. After refreshing twice (wouldn't do again) and going through the event the second day, only 2 more Aayla shards total.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    God I hope so, this event has put me at 43/50 shards to unlock. I know characters aren't really useful until 6-7*, but now she's moved up to the top of my in game character list since she is closest to unlocking. Taunting me.