How about a new and improved arena

TheRenegade
256 posts Member
edited June 2016
The current set up that we have in the arena is pretty stale and borring. Swapping with a few players before your payout just isn't that fun and many players have even stopped caring about the arena.

Here is the arena that I propose in place of the current one.

Instead of swapping rank with another player, we receive victory points. The better ranked the opponent, the more victory points we earn. Also gain a bonus in points for winning consecutive battles. This bonus should cap at 5 consecutive victories and continue to be applied to each victory until a defeat. Any defeat or draw should result in a loss of victory points and lower your arena rank.

Defense should matter and as a result, if your team loses while defending, you should lose a small amout of victory points as well.

Impliment a way for us to see our last 10 battles including those in which our arena team defended. We would all like to see our W/L ratio and allowing us to see our last 10 defensive battles would help a lot when deciding on an arena team.

Allow us to edit our arena team without being forced into an arena battle. We should be able to edit our team freely when ever we chose.

Allow us to run test battles against guild members. These battles should be free and shouldn't give any rewards except for us to see what works and what doesn't. These battles should be available for us to go back and watch as a replay and others in the guild should be allowed to watch these replays as well to help them in deciding on arena teams.

The prize structure should be changed to a similar daily reward system except with the crystals. A new weekly reward should be installed to reward crystals based on our rank with the top 10 or 100 players receiving a single chrome pack as well.

All daily and weekly payouts should be at a universal time instead of the current system that is dependent on our time zone.

This is just a rough draft and could obviously be improved upon but I believe these changes or other similar ones would improve the arena and actually make ranking mean something instead of the current swap rank mechanics in the game.

Please let me know what you guys think and I would like to hear any ideas on how to improve this new arena system.

Replies

• Options
    I think they should give you a daily limit of 7 battles with no refreshes. Will eliminate your problem of sniping and show us who's actually good at the game instead of showing us who just throws crystals at the screen to place #1