Create-a-Character

BrodieWan
35 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'd love to see more customization in the game, even if it was just a couple weapon or outfit choices, but I'd love to be able to have my own character. Choose what combinations of strengths and skills yout want... Even a simple create a character feature would go a long way to improving this already really fun game. Maybe a update that let's us customize and name the Jedi Consular we started with? Thoughts?
Post edited by BrodieWan on

Replies

• JT38
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I like this idea. Alot actually. Obviously named characters probably shouldn't have much in the way of customization but generic characters like. JC, JG, Nightsister Initiate etc. I think creating one from scratch could be tricky and cause problems but taking the base template of the generic characters and allowing a more focused build or cosmetic changes would be great
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BrodieWan wrote: »
    I'd love to see more customization in the game, even if it was just a couple weapon or outfit choices, but I'd love to be able to have my own character. Choose what combinations of strengths and skills yout want... Even a simple create a character feature would go a long way to improving this already really fun game. Maybe a update that let's us customize and name the Jedi Consular we started with? Thoughts?

Naming consular (since hes a nobody as far as star wars goes) would be super cool. I should add too that simply allowing us to choose each toons saber color/blaster color would go a long way in individualizing our toons from our opponets. Also perhaps they could add alternate toon designes to pick from so every kylo was not pitch black etc.

Tread carefully on a truly custom toon though.
    It would not take long AT ALL for some ppl to fig out a perfect build and make a truly OP toon (there is far too much crying OP as is lol)

Custom toon is sweet idea tho so what if they.....
    Set up your skill options like a skill trees meaning u cant have the best heal, best heal debuff, best dots, best HoT, etc etc etc all in one toon. You'd pick heal debuff for example on it main atk (after selecting from dif animations and choosing a weapon), then only certain options were available for leader ability, special, and unique. That way choosing the "path" with you basic atk determines whats available for the rest of the build.

Also note* they aint gonna do it BUT if they did, you need to be able to fully create the toon THEN save/accept so you can see the entire build before permanantly deciding.
  • Options
    Would definitely add a lot to the game
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    This would be amazing, i would really love this. I have thought about this a lot and think it would improve my gameplay experience and allow me to feel more personal to the game. Id like to make my own Grey Jedi
  • Options
    I'd go for this on a purely aesthetic basis.

Letting people customize stats will make balance incredibly difficult to maintain with any kind of hero numbers.

Standard mmos struggle with this daily and that's with a small set of classes. Custom gear/stats would over complicate this game and move too far away from the card collecting origin.
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Customizing strengths and skills would be hard to balance and the current system would need a lot of tweaking to accommodate.

I like the idea of customizing light saber colors and character outfits etc. It would be cool if they made another arena type mode where you use the currency you earn to get different looks for your gear.
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a customized character! I think there should be two or three templates for stats, power, and abilities and then have a score of aesthetic choices. The three templates I would choose are Jedi Consular, Chewie, and Genosian Soldier. All free, farmable, and, most importantly, useful. It also covers the main archetypes healer, tank and damage.

Aesthetic choices could include: species, clothing, and weapon(s). One potential issue would be lightside and darkside. Choosing which side the customized character is on could change the game balance. Having a JC-esque character on darkside makes those battles a lot easier.

I don't know how difficult all of this would be from a programming perspective, but I would love it if they could implement this.
  • Options
    i love this idea, would be amazing to be able to do some customization, especially your own character +1
  • Options
    Voted for this idea although it think it is hard to really happen.
  • Options
    I think creating a character would be awesome. Have a couple skins rather it be a range blaster or jedi. Make them do the same damage and have the same stats. Similar abilities, label them different and have different graphics for for the abilities. That way it's even across the board and no one complains one is better than the other.

Picking clothing/armour,colour of sabre, blaster type to hold would be very cool. Unlock more skins later for more customization. Like everyone said use the Jedi Consular model but tweek so it's always a viable option.
  • Options
    Registered just to comment here. Best idea i have heard yet for improving this game, adds (for me) the small RPG element that could keep me invested in this game long term. otherwise im sure to tire and burn out, grinding out characters that all look the same!
    great game so far, but it really needs this in my opinion.
  • Options
    This idea is FANTASTIC!

Yes, double yes. This needs to happen.
  • Syth_Hunter
    414 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Everyone gets one character that s/he can customize from a fixed number of points. Each skill cost's you points and allows you some flex play with your team based on each players play style and synergetic needs. You can have primary and secondary skills to choose from. Also, let us choose from being jedi, sith, bounty hunter, FO, or whatever might be next. A little RPG would be epic in this game.
  • Options
    Itd be cool if they could just add a basic create a character. Choose between Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunter/Scoundrel, a few skin/outfit options, and a few ability options to choose from. It doesn't have to be anything too complex.