Thoughts on this team?

Replies

• Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BrodieWan wrote: »
    Thoughts on this team?

Lots of healers and reviving. I'm too young in the game to know its viability, but the theory behind it sounds cool. Sid for bleeding and healing debuff. Lumi for heal, good damage, and potential stun. JC for faster heals & decent damage. Ewok elder for I forget what (I recall his heal has a chance to revive, and some turn meter stuff.. while also being rather fast and ofc having the 100% chance to revive skill). Then Daka. Stunning and reviving :P.
    Maybe taking JC out for something that can add more benefit such as some heavy damage with a nice compensating support considering all your healing possibilities already. I am actually slowly working at getting my ewok elder up. I see potential for him being one of the best healers.
  • BrodieWan
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    2 characters that can revive, 4 totals healers, pretty hard to beat in less then 5 minutes. I would like to replace JC with more of a heavy hitter. I have a high level IG-86, and I have a high Talia, chewy, and Phasma, not sure if I'd want to use one of them or go after somebody new. Ewok Elder has to be on of the more underrated characters. His healing removes all negative effects and has a chance to revive, his turn meter bonuses allow him to hit twice as many times as most characters, and his 100% chance revive has to be one of the best special skills in the game. Takes a long time to level up though.
  • Options
    2 characters that can revive, 4 totals healers, pretty hard to beat in less then 5 minutes

Yeah but the flip side is that you're not beating anyone yourself in under five minutes.

Also, the team is quite beatable in under 5 minutes if you can take out daka and elder quickly. Granted that's a big if, but I can think of ways to get it done with the right heroes.

I've never had a problem beating healer heavy teams, granted I've never faced one with both daka and elder.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Revives are overrated. Team is squishy, has little in the way of debuffs and is not very fast. Any good team would dismember this in no time flat. Sorry.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    They key is Sids ability to keep someone from healing, and Luminara's heavy hitting ability blocking attack. Having Daka and Ewok Elder oN the same team almost makes it feel like 8 vs 5. Somebody dies, gets revived and is immediately healed
  • Options
    So you're still not explaining how you're beating anyone in under 5 minutes. You're just explaining how you keep from dying - which you probably can do against a computer controlled team (not so easy on defense against a human with a good team).

Now granted, if, say, your arena rank is poor, I'm sure you're getting plenty of wins against the weak teams that you're facing. I simply have a very hard time seeing how you can beat a good team in under 5 minutes with so many weak hitters.

So what's your arena rank?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They key is Sids ability to keep someone from healing, and Luminara's heavy hitting ability blocking attack. Having Daka and Ewok Elder oN the same team almost makes it feel like 8 vs 5. Somebody dies, gets revived and is immediately healed

Here's what's likely to happen if I face this team using my current setup of Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Dooku and Luminara. (Granted I have little experience with Ewok Elder.)

First, Dooku is going to stun Sid. Even if it doesn't hold, he's hit seriously. Then my Sid will also hit Sid. Most likely your Sid will then AoE, and my Dooku will counter, and your Sid is either hanging by a thread or gone. (I do this all the time in GW.) If he's not dead, he might get healed.. or he might not. Either way, he will be focused until he's gone. If Phasma's leader ability procs anywhere here, your Sid is toast.
    My Luminara will attempt to ability block yours. Then Kylo will AoE, and then he and Sid will start applying healing immunities all over the place. Phasma will speed-down half your team.
    Now, what exactly can you do to make life hard for me? Sid's AoE will hurt a bit and he might get a heal debuff on one of my guys before I can take him out. Daka can get a lucky stun. Ewok Elder? He can remove Phasma's debuffs but doesn't pose much of a threat. JC's special hurts a bit but otherwise he's average. Maybe you'll get lucky and your Lumi will block mine instead, but I'm going to focus her down as soon as Sid is gone, because she's the only DPS on the team.
    Every time Dooku hits your Lumi, there's a 58% chance she's either stunned or unable to use her heal.. and that's not even using his force lightning. (If he double-attacks, 82%). As soon as Lumi is gone, JC will get Dooku's "special attention".
    You will probably get a chance to revive one or even two of your guys using Ewok/Daka. They will just die again very quickly.
    Not trying to rain on your parade, but you need more damage especially in the current meta. My team isn't even that good.
  • Options
    Around 300. But I'm only at level 57 and my power is only 16,200. Everybody I have to fight is level 60 and usually between 18,000-20,000 power. I win more often than I lose, but I usually only fight like 3 times a day. Squads with Dooku led by Phasma definitely give me the most problems. I either block or stun their tanks first, then take out their heavy hitter, then I can usually just outlast whoevers left when it's like 5 vs 3
  • BrodieWan
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dooku led by Phasma is definitely the biggest threat. Kyle and sid arnt threats because Ewok Elder takes away their damage effect and heals around their little healing blocks. Ewok currently only does about 1500 damage per attack, but he attacks all the time because his turn meter is rarely below 50%
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I do commend you for trying something different. I'm sure it can work on offense because the AI is dumb. On defense, though, it's going to get ripped up. Even without Phasma/Dooku, you have the problem that the team is very passive and yet has little health. Specials like the debuff cleanse are great, but what's the cooldown on it? Sid and Kylo can really make life miserable, and Kylo is a tank who will make you pay if you get him below 50% but don't finish him off. (Though the AI often blows his big attack at a dumb time.)
  • Options
    The cool down is around 4, but he attacks twice as often
  • Options
    And, to state the obvious, this lineup makes GW very easy.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My advice to you for this team would be to ditch JC. You already have 3 (!) healers, and he brings nothing else to the dance. He's just taking up space, and in the current anti-Jedi meta, is an easy kill.
    Replace him with say, IG-88, and then you have some damage, and you've also given your opponent a bit more to be concerned about. With that guy kicking around, I can't focus on Sid at the start, I need to nuke him. And if he goes down and then gets revived at a bad time, I'm going to get smacked.
    Just saw you have an IG-86, he's not as scary but would also do the trick.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    At midlevel this might be annoying but later on the team could be beaten much easier than you think. Later on you will notice much more dps and even with res I would splatter this team quickly. Someone mentioned Dooku. Even if I had a 5 star Dooku with max gear he would sit on the bench. So no, Dooku is not the biggest threat lol
  • Options
    I have encountered Ewok Elder and Daka together 3 times one in arena and twice (same squad) in GW. In arena Ewok did get off a revive on Daka then no problems finishing team. First time facing in GW I got stuck in a Elder/Daka revive loop for about 6 times before they finally kicked the bucket could have retreated but was having fun watching this. 2cd GW killed Elder then retreated killed Daka. Helpful note: kill Elder first he has a guaranteed revive Daka is iffy.