Replace Sidious with Ventress?

I'm finding that Sidious is much less helpful than he was before and tends to be the weakest link in my team. Ventress' status effect removal could be incredibly helpful against teams running Phasma as a leader as well as teams with tanks so I was wondering if I should switch to her instead.
I'm running a 7 star Kylo ren, 7 star Luminara, 5 star FOTP, 7 star Sidious, and switching between a 7 star Ahsoka and 7 star Jedi consular. They all have maxed out gear and are level 60 with close to or max level abilities.
What should I do?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I have used both chars for a while. Sid is easy to play; Ventress takes some practice. She's also squishy, and very, very slow. I am still using her, especially since I'm trying to build a stun team, but she takes some getting used to.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I made a choice to seven star Ventress before Sidious. Before his buff, this would have been fine; since then however, the choice has to go towards Sidious. Her speed makes her a liability, even in a full Nightsister team using her leader skill as a speed buff; she just doesn't offer what is needed in PvP. Mind you, she is a very strong unit; the meta isn't where she can be usable right now however.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I think she will be more useful going forward. Phasma and Poggle are now popping up everywhere, and being able to convert enemy buffs into heals for your team is pretty awesome. Of course, they have to fix that ability first.
    Used properly she can do some major damage. And stunning is the best thing you can do to an opponent.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with ventriss as a debuffer is that she's so slow by the time it's her turn the buff often has served it's purpose. When everyone ran chewy it was great because he was almost as slow, now that everyone is switching to hero's like poggle and poe they have already done their damage. I like her much more in Pve, pvp she is too situational.
  • Options
    I like Ventress, she is slow and Squishy, Sid is Fast and Squishy. Ventress hits harder though. I use them both on seperate teams. I run several teams starred and geared up.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    I like Ventress, she is slow and Squishy, Sid is Fast and Squishy. Ventress hits harder though. I use them both on seperate teams. I run several teams starred and geared up.

I love vents stun on attack, but sid has so much more speed he ends up doing a lot more damage. Combine that with sids self healing and heal block and he's a much better hero unless you can make good use of her dispel.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I swapped out Sid for vent and fell from rank 1-100 over night
    Put Sid back in and I only fell 30 the next day from rank 2
    Both are 7*
  • Options
    Ventress is the slowest character in the game, while sidious is the second fastest.
  • Options
    Sid almost does two turns while she does one... Like others said, she is just too slow. But with an all-nightsister team, I would pop Talia's heal first turn which would make Ventress attack right away after Talia, but the main problem is the that speed boost works well on Ventress but it's a waste on Nightsister initiate because she would essentialy only be gaining 11 speed when Talia casts. Talia is great when she's the slowest character.