Will alt factory ever be fixed as announced weeks ago .

Prev134
Jabba
1033 posts Member
edited June 2016

Will alt factory ever be fixed as announced weeks ago . 72 votes

Yes it will be fixed and the current abusers will be punished.
15%
JedirusmosSysycheetah2114LordRathGOfish52LordAlvertSaug77Riggin12GeorgeRulesTelmoabffMol_Sign 11 votes
No it won't and current abusers will continue to get all the extra gear, credits,guild currency,Han Solo shards.
84%
JabbaGenakumaBarrokioniancat21pip_ninjajeremyj26SlewfootStormyTakMoBlaqKAULITheShadow1983gugekMofojokers1992HendijuKrixGwonkDaddyngo007Phlebotomy_JonesRafaelSD 61 votes

Replies

• lordvigor
    36 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No it won't and current abusers will continue to get all the extra gear, credits,guild currency,Han Solo shards.
    Well the only guys who are the power abusers actually are the biggest cashcows, for sure they wont be punished even when its an official exploit now since they decide it need a "fix"

I´m sure they will fix it at the end of the month but not even one of that "Team I_Stinc" guys will get was he deserve.
    Post edited by lordvigor on
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They arent the biggest cash cows. New players are. I guarentee most revenue comes from new players buying character packs and chromiums. these guys drop 250 for a new toon when they come out. great. theres 1000 new players a day spending 150 on their first toons. These exploits have ruined what should of been a fun and competitive aspect of the game. It needs fixing and it will be, I hope they get punished for ruining it for everyone else.
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    Options
    This needs to be fixed. Specific changes were announced by EA/CG more than a week ago, and they need to follow through.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Less smart poll options. Yes, they'll probably fix it. No, they won't punish anyone for using it since it's currently allowed behaviour.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    It'll get fixed. No one's getting punished for doing things the devs themselves condoned.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    It'll get fixed. No one's getting punished for doing things the devs themselves condoned.

why do you even respond, knowing what this thread will probably turn into ? I think you are right btw, allthough im not sure if they will "fix it" fix it, or just fix it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • lordvigor
    36 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Simply the fact that it need to be fixed tells everyone it is unintended and for sure an exploit to use it... But im sure you guys wont stop it even if the Devs would say its not allowed...
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Haha yea right.
    {RotE}
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I thought devs have been very specific on this matter! Alt factory is NOT legit! But then I look at leaderboard and I cannot understand how is it possible to have than 2400 pts??? We hoarded coins before reset and as ahead of others as we can possibly be without breaking the rules of the game. But we still lag behind.

What is going on ?!?!
  • Options
    How can anyone read below different from "Alt factory is NOT legit, we want it to stop!" ?
    Guild Hopping and Guild Currency Farming – this has been THE topic in the community as of late and the development team has been discussing it daily. We wanted to make sure that we found a solution that discourages these two things
    Unquote
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They always wait until their buddies have had their fun before fixing things, so the peasants cant abuse it.
  • Options
    It's clear that poor John_Salera was tricked into saying something without thinking about wider consequences, and now devs are being held hostage for one regretful sentence the've posted. Well played
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

They NEVER condoned Alt Farming currency for guilds. You have ran that line long enough, they never said that. They even said TWO things, these TWO things, one was called temporarilly as fair play, the other is an exploit to manipulate the guild leaderboard.
  • Options

I would like to take this moment to thank Team Instinct for their sportsmanship and integrity. Way to set the bar.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's clear that poor John_Salera was tricked into saying something without thinking about wider consequences, and now devs are being held hostage for one regretful sentence the've posted. Well played

poor john salera got taken advantage and devs are being held hostage? haha
    the same guys that came up with the genius sollution to pre-crafting: make more money, dont fix anything.

yea i feel sorry for them ;)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I would like to take this moment to thank Team Instinct for their sportsmanship and integrity. Way to set the bar.

We've done everything we can to brainstorm up and offer the best possible solutions to fixing both guild hopping and alt factorying in one simple change. They have decided they don't want to do that change, though, and instead are now trying to implement TWO weaker changes that won't accomplish much. We're disappointed, but unfortunately it seems the freemium game elements refuse to allow the one actual change that not only makes both systems impossible but actually improves the game considerably too.

This is an argument I don't care to rehash again though, this topic has been beaten to death. It'll change, the world will keep turning, that's the end. Continue on.
  • Options
    Boohoo to all of you. Whine all day long about whats going on. Just play the fing game and mind your own dang business. What does it hurt for ti, easb, mandolarian or whoever if the top 30 guilds to be in the top spots. So they are smart and found a legitimate way to be ahead. That was smart, creative and anyone who didnt use this method well sucks for you for being to lazy to make the effort. Life isnt fair and they utilized there time, effort and money to be better. So they created alts, which requires more time and money, good for them and we should be thankful as it keeps the game running. You think the devs wont to hear your constant whining about whats wrong with this game. Get a life. Is this your job, do you make money from it? Most of the top guilds spend money to be ahead so you're going to suck at the game regardless as they will keep spending money to be ahead like all f2p games. Its an option. You dont like it find a new game.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We all know what that change is nae and it would allow people to buy a top spot on the leaderboard. Is that why people are breaking ToS to get higher places in the leaderboard? Because it's the one thing they can't buy?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    We all know what that change is nae and it would allow people to buy a top spot on the leaderboard. Is that why people are breaking ToS to get higher places in the leaderboard? Because its the one thing they can't buy?

Actually it doesn't. The one change above them all makes leaderboard manipulation essentially impossible. It guarantees every individual can only raid once every two days, no matter what.
  • Chase1ng
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We all know what that change is nae and it would allow people to buy a top spot on the leaderboard. Is that why people are breaking ToS to get higher places in the leaderboard? Because its the one thing they can't buy?

Aaaaawww, did you have money invested or are you losing something for not being number 1. I will start a thread for you so the devs can just make everybody number 1 so no one has their feelings hurt.
  • Options

We've done everything we can to brainstorm up and offer the best possible solutions to fixing both guild hopping and alt factorying in one simple change. They have decided they don't want to do that change, though, and instead are now trying to implement TWO weaker changes that won't accomplish much. We're disappointed, but unfortunately it seems the freemium game elements refuse to allow the one actual change that not only makes both systems impossible but actually improves the game considerably too.

This is an argument I don't care to rehash again though, this topic has been beaten to death. It'll change, the world will keep turning, that's the end. Continue on.

This attitude is commendable and unfortunately people don't hear that you actually want the change.

However, at the same time, don't you understand that as long as top guild keeps doing it, the devs' hands are tied? They can't call it illegitimate as they'd be forced to take action against the illustrated guild which they never would. Once top guild (whoever that is) shows sportsmanship and stops it, the devs will be free to go after less-known guilds like they did with 4PDA and their 7* Vaders.
  • Options

Offering changes and sportsmanship not mutually exclusive. You can offer changes and act like a respectable guild.
  • Options

This attitude is commendable and unfortunately people don't hear that you actually want the change.

However, at the same time, don't you understand that as long as top guild keeps doing it, the devs' hands are tied? They can't call it illegitimate as they'd be forced to take action against the illustrated guild which they never would. Once top guild (whoever that is) shows sportsmanship and stops it, the devs will be free to go after less-known guilds like they did with 4PDA and their 7* Vaders.

This isnt a sport its a stupid device game. Who cares.
  • Options

Actually it doesn't. The one change above them all makes leaderboard manipulation essentially impossible. It guarantees every individual can only raid once every two days, no matter what.

Wow, I assumed you were talking about getting rid of the caps all together, oh wait. They already did that, while i have you, could you quote the piece that condones alt farming? I missed it.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

We don't pay attention to people that complain about us because those people are blind to the fact we're small fish in a big pond. The EASB guys are the real super villains right now - they have something like twice the completed raids as us. It's actually insane.

People that think we're the "biggest culprits" of alt activity are just uninformed. We're transitioning heavily in to alt guilds over alt factorying right now as it's become clear the alt guild activity just goes unnoticed (as the EASB guys are well over 60 raids by now and no one seems to notice or care) and the changes the devs have put forth don't actually solve alt guild switching in any way. We're kind of over altfactorying, we're just stuck ahead by X points for the remainder of the month because people raid on a constant so the points average out to the same more or less for the duration of the month.

I mean, we aren't going to just stop raiding altogether, I'm not sure what people expect from us. People only target us because we're a few raids ahead on the leaderboard and think this makes us public enemy #1. I guess in a way it does from an exposure standpoint, but we're not exactly freaking out over it. We did it because we know the devs condoned it. People love to quote things out of context and pretend they didn't but I mean, have we ever seemed even a little worried? We read the posts, we saw what was said, we took action as a result of it. It is what it is.

Altfactorying is just a lot of work and we're tired of it, so don't worry we'll just slip in to anonymous activity like EASB and do alt guilds instead in the meantime since no one seems to care about that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Chase1ng wrote: »

This isnt a sport its a **** device game. Who cares.

you obviously dont care, thats why you are responding alot in a mild mannered way ;)

OT: ofcourse the devs hands arent tied. They can just introduce the new system that prohibiteds guild coin farming and be done with it.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Chase1ng wrote: »
    Aaaaawww, did you have money invested or are you losing something for not being number 1. I will start a thread for you so the devs can just make everybody number 1 so no one has their feelings hurt.

Whose sockpuppet/alt do you represent, new guy who posts only on alt factory threads?
  • Options

We don't pay attention to people that complain about us because those people are blind to the fact we're small fish in a big pond. The EASB guys are the real super villains right now - they have something like twice the completed raids as us. It's actually insane.

People that think we're the "biggest culprits" of alt activity are just uninformed. We're transitioning heavily in to alt guilds over alt factorying right now as it's become clear the alt guild activity just goes unnoticed (as the EASB guys are well over 60 raids by now and no one seems to notice or care) and the changes the devs have put forth don't actually solve alt guild switching in any way. We're kind of over altfactorying, we're just stuck ahead by X points for the remainder of the month because people raid on a constant so the points average out to the same more or less for the duration of the month.

I mean, we aren't going to just stop raiding altogether, I'm not sure what people expect from us.

Thanks nae, u guys keep the game running. Who cares, you arent cheating your playing. People act lile this a sport or a job. You guys keep up your spots and thanks for whatever changes you make or have made.
  • Options
    To go after the bad guys with the rest of us?
This discussion has been closed.