Force packs? Lol

Prev1
I'll pass. Terrible. Anything that says "up to" is an auto pass with this company.

Replies

• irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    LOL total trash. I was expecting something like the Jedi packs with Anakin and Qui Gon or something
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    irvvri wrote: »
    LOL total trash. I was expecting something like the Jedi packs with Anakin and Qui Gon or something

the big difference is that you can buy these force packs with ingame earned crystals.
    i've read the discription twice, still dont know how may shard i would get if i buy them ^_^ hard pass for me
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

the big difference is that you can buy these force packs with ingame earned crystals.
    i've read the discription twice, still dont know how may shard i would get if i buy them ^_^ hard pass for me

EXACTLY. And especially with that equally poorly explained Aayla event, I have no idea what even comes in these packs tbh

Is this game's marketing team still in diapers or something
  • Yansolo
    42 posts Member
    Options
    I believe devs are being obscured by the dark side of the force hence their labels more and more confusing. Confusion leads to Frustration leads to Anger and in turn more Sims and more crystals spending.
    Working as intended.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    What is up with the JC shards. You either like him and already have him high, or you have little use for him like most of us. Plus I feel like JC shards are pretty easy to get. Lame.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Is this game's marketing team still in diapers or something

I assume it's quite the opposite. I imagine they're well trained in vague descriptions to maximise profit from deception. Stuff like this has happened way too many times now for it to just be a coincidence.
  • Options
    Made me lol hard
  • Options
    60 crystals per shard, most expensive shards available, right?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Never buying any of these flawed packs. You know you are being ripped of 95% of the time, the packs being the worst.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Terrible deal. Not touching any of these random shard packs
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I must say that I tried it with the last Rebels/clones one, 5 in a row and the result was absolutly awful. And in this one you have even more characters so a lot more chance to not obtain the ones in your target.

I'll pass.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    65% of the time you get suckerpunched EVERY time.

It took about 1 second to decide it was a bad deal. Another 2 seconds to realise just how bad it was.
    Post edited by ModeratusImperialis on
  • MandalorianZulu
    86 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "...or will you foil your enemies ploys with Plo Koon?"

Probs not. Nary a ploy has ever been foiled by the likes of the Plo Koon toon.

And CG if you're looking to hire a proofreader, I'd be happy to review your descriptions before you post them. I could, for instance, point out that "enemies" is plural possessive in this context and requires an apostrophe at the end.

• Options
    I truly cannot guess at what will drop from these packs. 5 shards, guaranteed chance of 2 set jedi...something? What does that even mean? It's extremely vague. Does it mean you have a chance at 2 sets of 5? Or guaranteed chance at one set of 5 JC, or will you only get 5 random shards for 1 random character? Or a chance at 1 shard from 5 characters. Absolutely no idea.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    The regular booster pack gives 6 shards total, 5 are either going to be Jedi Consular or Plo Koon, 1 will be random light sight character. The mega booster pack is the same but 20 shards total, 8 of the two Jedi and 12 random light side characters. Then there are also credits included, up to 225,000 for regular 600,000 for mega, but "up to" could mean anything
  • Options
    Yeah, I lol'd as well. What's sad, is that some speed/non reading sucker is going to think they get 20 shards of each listed character, all for the low low price of 1199 crystals. They will get many impulse purchases.
  • Options
    I truly cannot guess at what will drop from these packs. 5 shards, guaranteed chance of 2 set jedi...something? What does that even mean? It's extremely vague. Does it mean you have a chance at 2 sets of 5? Or guaranteed chance at one set of 5 JC, or will you only get 5 random shards for 1 random character? Or a chance at 1 shard from 5 characters. Absolutely no idea.

The answer is: maybe and possibly.

Now go spend money!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Edit: seems like the credits have a chance of getting tripled, and the 8 extra shards of Plo Koon or Jedi Consular don't count for the 20 total shards given
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Options
    I spent every last crystal on these and only got shards for LS Jar Jar... :cry:

The good thing is that he's now 8* gear XIII. :relieved:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Why in god's name would anyone waste crystals on this instead of farming the ones they actually want?

I just don't get why they add worthless things to this game.
  • Options
    Maybe instead of having so many characters displayed in the window they should remove some so that they can clarify what they mean with their description of what buying a pack does.

Or maybe just change the description to:

"Removes crystals from your account and hope from your being whilst awarding you remorse and the odd shard and credit".
  • Options
    That one player out there buying 5 packs a day for the chance for 1 Jawa shard to take him to 7*. Lol is anyone out there really paying $1 per shard for JC?
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is when it shows the characters they have a 20 underneath them so its like ok so i can get up to 20 for that one character but it seems like it really would be spread out from what the description stats. It would be awesome if i did pull 20 shards for a toon i was grinding but more than likely it seems it would be plo koon or JC which i really dont use or have a need for but getting Leia or Rey shards would be awesome.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was suckered into buying one of these packs because of this and hoping to possibly boost leia. I missed the "potential drops" at the top. I got 4 lobot, 8 plo, 8 hoth soldier, and 8 cup

Do...not...buy this pack

And cg, my wallet is slammed shut on any more packs until you stop the borderline false advertising. Many people have probably opened this, saw 20 shards, and then bought it. Your packs are a total rip off.
  • Options
    I don't even look at these packs, every one of them is a con for noobs and newbs.

If people stopped buying them maybe they would start offering some value in packs.
  • Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    I don't even look at these packs, every one of them is a con for noobs and newbs.

If people stopped buying them maybe they would start offering some value in packs.

Yep. Just learned that the hard way. Never again CG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I got 4 lobot, 8 plo, 8 hoth soldier, and 8 cup
    honestly, im suprised that it gave 28 shards instead of 20. With the discription it could go both ways.
  • Options
    honestly, im suprised that it gave 28 shards instead of 20. With the discription it could go both ways.

They really need to take the massive roster of "20s" out of there. I know it says potential at the top. But, I like many probably didn't see that first. It's smart, if underhanded advertising
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

They really need to take the massive roster of "20s" out of there. I know it says potential at the top. But, I like many probably didn't see that first. It's smart, if underhanded advertising

i disagree, you want to know what you could get right ? Just placing the characters there without the number 20 under them would make it better though.
    The discribtion is just vague, i didnt know if i could get 20 or 28 shards, and what "up to 600k" is really about. Either way, 28 or 20 both horrible deals.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    The shard to crystal ratio is actually signifgantly more efficient than buying shards in shipments, but since you get a random character probably not worth it unless you buy a dozen of them or so