Lando or GS? Who should I go for

Prev1
Started my new account last week and I need to decide on the Cantina nodes, got GS 4 stars already and realise universally he is better but if I am making a rebel team is Lando a difference maker?
My team currently is:
Phasma 3* (l)
Ackbar 4*
GS 4*
Luke 3*
QGJ 2*

Working on QGJ on cantina shipments, phasma on galactic war, and now working on ST Han on arena shipments.

Should I go for Lando before GS?

Replies

• Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    In the wonderful world of make-believe where synergies are worth a grain of salt, then yeah, go Lando... Ackbar, StHan, Leia, HRS and Lando can be somewhat effective.

But in the less wonderful world of reality: Forget Lando. Forget Rebels. Forget synergy. This game is about Rey, QGJ, and RG if you want to be even remotely competitive. You do get to choose what other two toons you put with them tho, so that's kinda nice?
  • Options
    Incredibly bitter, but honest post.

I know on my main I run Droids and I can probably push to 35 on a january server.

I wanted to try something different this time round.

• Xader
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Lando is a difference maker. His AoE will ignore taunters on offense and hit the hiding squishies.
  • Options
    But on defense, Lando is rendered useless because a taunting tank cancels his use of AOE for some reason...
  • Options
    answer is very simple. Go geo. End of discussion
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    I have both at 7*, would recomend to go GS.

Lando special double down is one of the finest attacks of the game, but AI is dumb and don't use it if any taunt is up.
  • Options
    Hmmmm that would mean my team would be
    Ackbar lead
    ST Han
    Leia
    GS
    QGJ

Then potentially Rey instead of GS later on
  • Options
    Lando is awesome, GS is awesome but lando needs a lot of set imo...while GS is easy to control especially for the Ai. I like lando to get crit up by basic first, then buff him with advantage, and offense up when i get the double down reset. I use both in different comps can't go wrong, imo with your guys I would ditch Luke and put in lando. And use Ackbar or phasma or leader it's up to you with Ackbar leader you need to get them both geared so when they assist there some power. Also any rebel assist attack does not trigger a counter.
  • Options
    Hmmm seems 50/50 here, GS feels like he would make sense across more fields, lando would be usless in raids I would imagine
  • Options
    Lando, for upcomming Scoundrel recurring event.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Im only level 44 sure I won't be getting into that anyway ha
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    Incredibly bitter, but honest post.

I farmed my butt off and had a full First Order team almost all 7 starred. I was trying to utilise synergy rather than just chasing the meta, and just as I was trying to finish off FOST, EA decided to ream me by nerfing them all into mud. I don't think I've really bounced back since lol
  • Options
    I understand, I want to stay away from Meta teams, I will stick to my Droid team on my main account.

I think I will go mostly rebel this time round, think I will finish off GS and then do Lando after
  • Options
    Honestly go for Luke if you don't already have him and want rebels. Lando's ai is bad, and he's a really good toon but that's a big problem. Genosian soldier is better all around and a top 5 damage dealer. But if you want rebels Luke gets really good at gear 11, alongside Ackbar lead. Lando is just kinda average on defense. And alright on offense, very fun character though.
  • Jonnysnipe
    106 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So you would say go for Luke over Lando then?
  • Options
    Yeah. Luke is kinda average at first but when paired with Ackbar, and at higher gear levels and omega'd he becomes a beast. His basic maxed gives +40 turn meter on crits, his special stuns on crits he has a high chance of getting crit chance up. With ackbar's lead, Luke can get a ton of extra hits in, and he's much faster aswell. At max gear levels he becomes very good. I'd take him over lando, though outside of a rebel team Id take genosian soldier over both.
  • Options
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    Hmmmm that would mean my team would be
    Ackbar lead
    ST Han
    Leia
    GS
    QGJ

Then potentially Rey instead of GS later on

I would get RG... and use AA, Leia, QGJ, RG, GS/Rey
    Only having one rebel which Leia is the best, to be called upon by assist
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    The question is Safe or sexy. Geo's the good girl you met in Psych 101 lecture all. Perfect by your side at a family reunion and makes a mean eggplant parm, not to mention top five damage dealer in the sack and versatile in all settings. She'll never betray you and you'll end up on twin rocking chairs doing crossword puzzles at the top of your leader board. Lando's the knockout mynx you met at the club takin body shots off Rey's navel with a glow stick in her mouth. She's a total assassin between the sheets, but your just as likely to find her in your roommate's bed when you get back from 7AM statistics, utterly unreliable when she's not under your supervision. But again... A total sex bomb ;)

Take it for what it's worth... I went Lando
  • Options
    My 7* maxed Lando approves. Colt 45 baby!
  • Options
    @CWent what team you running now? Still hanging on to boba?
  • Options
    lando !!!
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hanging on like Lando in the salac pit! ::Insert snide Boba remark here::

Boba(L), Lando, phas, ST Han, aaaaand Rey coming in for the save like Julie 'the Cat' Gaffney in Mighty Ducks 2.

Contrary to pop opinion, AA just doesn't get it done for me at lead. The matches are drawn out, and **** goes south. Boba's crit adder is clutch, for giving Lando his KO punch. And now with Rey... Matches have been cut in half often. Not saying I always win (usually just under 20). There's a hive of geared up monsters at the top. Not to mention, I'm sure people target me on D with Lando's incompitant AI.

What squad are you flexing these days?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    CWent wrote: »

Boba(L), Lando, phas, ST Han, aaaaand Rey coming in for the save like Julie 'the Cat' Gaffney in Mighty Ducks 2.

Contrary to pop opinion, AA just doesn't get it done for me at lead. The matches are drawn out, and **** goes south. Boba's crit adder is clutch, for giving Lando his KO punch. And now with Rey... Matches have been cut in half often. Not saying I always win (usually just under 20). There's a hive of geared up monsters at the top. Not to mention, I'm sure people target me on D with Lando's incompitant AI.

Screenshot_20160621-144943.png

I like to frustrate opponents by hiding Lando behind my beefy tanks :*

Not to mention B2 helps keep pesky taunts from making Landos AI use basic instead of AOE
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

Not to mention B2 helps keep pesky taunts from making Landos AI use basic instead of AOE

That crew is stout AF. You are one of those jacked up gear mongers in the VIP club on top of my leader board. I'm down the street in a crowded dive bar filled with stinky locals suckin back Red Tops and a sidearm Wild Turkey.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

That crew is stout AF. You are one of those jacked up gear mongers in the VIP club on top of my leader board. I'm down the street in a crowded dive bar filled with stinky locals suckin back Red Tops and a sidearm Wild Turkey.

Haha the scary thing is my team isn't even close to the most difficult to face in my server!

Ps, ive maxed Zam...just working on greedo now. Can't wait to run Lando lead!
  • Options
    The question is Safe or sexy. Geo's the good girl you met in Psych 101 lecture all. Perfect by your side at a family reunion and makes a mean eggplant parm, not to mention top five damage dealer in the sack and versatile in all settings. She'll never betray you and you'll end up on twin rocking chairs doing crossword puzzles at the top of your leader board. Lando's the knockout mynx you met at the club takin body shots off Rey's navel with a glow stick in her mouth. She's a total assassin between the sheets, but your just as likely to find her in your roommate's bed when you get back from 7AM statistics, utterly unreliable when she's not under your supervision. But again... A total sex bomb ;)

Take it for what it's worth... I went Lando

ROFL This may be the best analysis I have ever read. You're cooler than the other side of the pillow...
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Haha the scary thing is my team isn't even close to the most difficult to face in my server!

Ps, ive maxed Zam...just working on greedo now. Can't wait to run Lando lead!

First off, please tell me about Zam like we're at a middle school girls' pillow party gabbing about N'Sync before popping in the VHS Jawbreaker that mom rented from Blockbuster on her way back from the liquor store. Second, thank you @Bloopercus I do enjoy spinning a fine yarn as much as I like reading others' colorful work on this forum.

P.S. I hope my analysis gave you a weird b0ner
  • floods
    53 posts Member
    Options
    GS Omega'd and paired with Phasma is absolutely lethal. The only other pair that comes close in DPS output (outside of the obvious Rey) are AA & Leia.

Lando is 10x more fun than GS, but GS is by far the more efficient killer. But like CWent said, Lando is amazingly fun when he's raining AOE's behind STH while being boosted by Phasma and AA (or 88's +20% crit leadership).
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    If you just started. You need GS to get you up in arena. Once you are up in arena you can farm anywhere.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    In the wonderful world of make-believe where synergies are worth a grain of salt, then yeah, go Lando... Ackbar, StHan, Leia, HRS and Lando can be somewhat effective.

But in the less wonderful world of reality: Forget Lando. Forget Rebels. Forget synergy. This game is about Rey, QGJ, and RG if you want to be even remotely competitive. You do get to choose what other two toons you put with them tho, so that's kinda nice?

Another **** post. There is someone in my shard that runs rebels with HRS and Lando in the team and gets no1 everyday. You don't even understand how powerful Lando is at gear 11. You are on a roll friend. Your perception of the game is broken.