Dooku's Leader Ability doing it's math correctly??

Zilken
15 posts Member
I'm just not sure that Dooku's leader ability is giving the correct amount of evasion. It appears to give a lot more than it should be. It's rather ridiculous that more than half of my attacks in any given arena VS a Dooku lead are being evaded. Also, let's be realistic here while on the subject. Don't you think that Dooku's leadership ability is a bit much for everything else that he offers? I mean, he has a stun, with potential to stun 2 characters, 100% counter, plus TM increase when he counters, and chance for ability block, stun, and multi attack on basic attack. Let's revisit Dooku on balance discussion day please Devs. There's a reason he leads the majority of arena squads. Just the other day, I had no choice in arena other than to battle a Dooku lead team. I believe I was around rank 20 at the time, but give us some diversity.

This isn't a plea for help because I feel that Dooku leads are impossible to beat. In fact, I usually do win the match up, but it always comes down to RNG. It's sad that I know I'm going to lose if a select few abilities are evaded. I'm simply bringing this to your attention because I have a strong feeling that Dooku's leadership ability is giving more evasion than intended.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a strong feeling that Dooku's leadership ability is giving more evasion than intended.
    The devs are putting this in the bank, now, and working on a correction as we speak. Your feelings trump their meta data. When your feelings seem right please post, again, so they will know when they got it right.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku adds evasion on top of already character evasion.

No one has direct proof, but there is a base evasion for every toon (probably between 5-10%). The "evasion" stat does not actually go into the base, it merely adds to it (for example, poggle would have 5-10% + his evasion stat bonus).

That being said, assuming Dooku is giving 15%, that means at a bare minimum everyone has 20%, 25% if it is a 10% base, and 30% if it is a 15% base.

Those numbers are quite possible to have that much dodging going on. it's basically 1/5 chance to dodge, not counting bonuses at all (evasion stat on toons, evasion up buff, natural evasion vs. jedi for sidious). When you add them all together, some toons are probably well over 30%.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Quite likely that the base rate is closer to 3%, but people are not factoring in Evasion Up and Sid dodge against Jedi.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Quite likely that the base rate is closer to 3%, but people are not factoring in Evasion Up and Sid dodge against Jedi.

Yea, sadly no one knows the base. There are also so many factors like evasion stats and buffs and synergy types that it'd be a real pain in the butt to find the "base" value. I doubt it's as low as 3%, I'd guess 5% myself. But, that's all feelings and opinions till someone data dumps :D
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ImYourHuckleberry wrote:

Arena Log Update thru the weekend

15% Evasion Lead
    Attacks....765
    Dodge......142
    %age.......18.6%

No Dodge Lead
    Attacks.....144
    Dodge.......004
    %age........02.8%

My 15% Dodge Lead
    Attacks.....434
    Dodge.......087
    %age........20.0%

AI Dodge Lead
    Attacks.....331
    Dodge.......055
    %age........16.6%

Summary 1.I am dodging almost 4 percentage points better than the AI (coincidence imo)
    2.15% Evasion leads are approx. 15 percentage points higher than non dodge leads
    3.There is no smoking gun related to dodge.
    4.There are streaks though. The maximum dodge rate (which was my lead) was 46.2%, while the minimum dodge rate (which was my lead) was 9.1%.

This was done this very weekend. By ImYourHuckleberry, who deserves a big thanks. There is another person who replicated my GW study just a few days ago, too. If you see the copypasta link I put below, you will see my own GW data and another poster's data later in the thread.

Forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46998/reality-of-ai-dodge

They all match very closely, with a non dodge lead rate of about 3%, an evasion lead rate of about 18%. And no AI advantage. Overall, player got slightly more dodges in at least two of these studies, if not all three.

And they all happen to support what the devs have stated, all along. There is no AI advantage.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @LastJedi
    Not knocking your work, but statistical anomalies can change variances by 1-3% in all studies. Without the dev's coming out and outright confirming 3%, it's still just a guess. A very well educated guess, though :)
  • Zilken
    15 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling that Dooku's leadership ability is giving more evasion than intended.
    The devs are putting this in the bank, now, and working on a correction as we speak. Your feelings trump their meta data. When your feelings seem right please post, again, so they will know when they got it right.

Be a bit more condescending. You didn't quite show us your true Dbag nature with this post. Consequently, everything you proposed after the quoted post has much less weight to it imo. Next time you make an edit to your post, make it relevant instead of trying to sound like a hard **** on the Interwebs.
  • Options
    Dooku has way too much of a skillset for one character. The fact that he gives any characters on his team offense up upon dodge is where I have seen the most issues with Rey. Her foresight attack leads off, and then gives her that much more power when she dodges the next hit. That ability to stack damage on the toon seen as the highest damage dealer already is part of what I think has people crying for her nerfing.