No love for Ackbar?

What do you guys think about Ackbar? I see a lot of people use Sid and I find the easiest way to combat him is Ackbar.

Basically let the Ai use its attacks stack up all the negative effects on your characters then use Ackbar to clear them and heal your team. I find him incredibly useful in GW.

His second skill is a bit rubbish especially as I use Phasma but still find him a good edition to the team.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I think the problem with ackbar isn't that his cleanse/heal works, it's that it only has the one use. Against a non AOE debuff team (Sid/Vader) it doesn't have much use. I could see its value in GW but in arena there are bigger fish to fry. He competes for shards with some other great heroes like Sid, Ventress, etc.
  • Options
    That's true. Although I am yet to find a team in Arena that doesn't use Sid, it then saves lumi heal for later, but your right he is a bit limited and situational.

I got a him from a lucky drop and started ranking up only a few weeks later did I realise how good sid was so am now focusing on getting him to 7*
  • Options
    He was my first (of 2) 4* pull! He carried me along the light side mission and my arenas till rank 200. Then he started to be a bit useless with his low damage. Anyway i like him and i've levelled him to 60 and gear 6.. The requirements for gear7 are 100 pieces of purple material, so i've a bit abandoned him.. He can be very useful in Gwars, sometimes, when you meet a Dooku sidious vader Poggle team, but he is a monodimensional toon and probaly he has the worst possible AI in the game because of his 3rd skill..,
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    It's a trap! Nerf Ackbar! Ohw wait wrong topic :p
    I think he is a little bit underwhelming but nice to have nevertheless. Everyone is just comparing the use of a toon to Arena Squad. The least interesting mode imo
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    It's a trap! Nerf Ackbar! Ohw wait wrong topic :p
    I think he is a little bit underwhelming but nice to have nevertheless. Everyone is just comparing the use of a toon to Arena Squad. The least interesting mode imo

Yeah me to. I play it each day but only for the daily missions and because I'm out of energy . As long as I stay around 200 I honestly couldn't care about arena.
  • Options
    I've played against Akbar in GW set as a Leader with a nearly all Rebel team & Dooku. He had no healers. It was the toughest team I crossed in days.
    His speed leader bonus had his entire team hit me first. Then his first special he diverted his turn to Luke who got a 2nd shot off that first round to kill my Old Daka. I used AOE attack with Sid, healed with Lumi, Snipe special with my Luke & AOE with Kylo. His team all damaged & had negative for damage later. He hit me with 3 players, taunted with Han, Dispelled all negatives and healed with Akbar & from there it was all over as my entire team was in yellow with one down already & his team with 5 and all in green.
    Akbar when set to lead a Rebel army has his place.

*LvL 59 maxed all squad
  • Options
    Wow, good to know. Might have to try and get myself some more rebel scum.
  • Gabe
    36 posts Member
    Options
    I love Ackbar, been using him for awhile on all teams. True his potential as a leader with a rebel team is awesome. Just some tips if you do go on to use him...
    1. His dispel never works on offense down and I have times where it won't work on health block. Bugs I hope to be fixed soon.
    2. His second skill has come in handy more often than not and not as bad as people make it out to be. But that character won't always go right after if others already have a full bar.
    3. His gear does seem have a ton pieces to upgrade, more than others.
    4. Having him in GW is a major upside. No longer needing to retreat after being hit by a ben type.
  • Options
    Have also seen it on offense down and health block, hopefully gets fixed soon.

My issue with the special is that it sometimes picks someone with a full bar so it's kinda wasted and using Phasma makes the defense penetration potential pointless.

Apart from that he's pretty good.
  • Options
    He's nice for what he does, but I see him as a one-trick pony. Great for that debuff-wash and heal, but then he just kinda sits there looking pretty.

His damage is awful, health is average, speed below average, no special attack. He does look hot in that jumpsuit though.
  • Options
    I use him for Sid/Vader cleanse, and after he is a liability in the match. Granted, he can pass his turn to others but not often. I think his advantage is being a leader of a rebel squad, where he shines. Otherwise, he is a one trick pony.
    I wish he had a unique ability to buff his primary attack under some circumstances, like Asajj, so he provides some offence.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    He will forever remain in the tier of "situational" toons. He will never be a mainstay in his current form, except for all rebel teams. He has bugs and his AI is garbage.