Even at 125% potency Jawa Engineer's basic gets resisted a lot

fudgra
982 posts Member
I thought the extra potency boost at gear 10 would make it more reliable, but I notice no change at all going from 95% to 125%. It gets resisted even by low-level characters in the GW and challenges.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera is this a bug or working as intended? I'd like to omega his basic but won't be wasting them if it gets resisted half the time.

Replies

• Options
    He gets resisted, dodged, and deflected I believe. Also his health steal doesn't work :(
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious has zero potency and has no trouble applying his healing immunity to me every attack. I think potency is a complete **** statistic.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Sidious has zero potency and has no trouble applying his healing immunity to me every attack. I think potency is a complete **** statistic.

It definitely works with some characters like Teebo. The numbers seem to mean nothing when it comes to JE if his detonators are resisted by battle droids with three health bars on stage 3 cantina battles.

It doesn't seem to matter what level the enemy is on.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Seen a few video of j.e in action and it looked like he s basic does get resisted 3\4 tries
  • SNICKS
    13 posts Member
    Options
    JE's basic shouldnt both be resisted and Dodged. If it can be dodged then it considered as an attack and should therefore explode right away or right after the toon attacks the first time NOT on its second turn even the description says it detonates after one turn. If it is resisted then it is considered as a debuff so potency vs tenacity should apply.. But not both..sheesh giving him a basic that is dodged and is resisted a lot and even with such a high potency.. Useless.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    G9 Jawa was actually very effective in Tier 7 Phase 1 raids. However, once I upgraded him to G10, he longer works. :/

I thought I was just getting bad RNG.

EDIT: Oops! I read that as Jawa, instead of JE. Anyway, I still have the same issues.
  • Options
    I really hope Jawa isn't bugged at Gear 10 because I just got him there a couple of days ago...
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I'll check it out again in the next raid ... his slow was not proc'ing at all. At least before it proc'ed ~50% of the time as it should have.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SNICKS wrote: »
    JE's basic shouldnt both be resisted and Dodged. If it can be dodged then it considered as an attack and should therefore explode right away or right after the toon attacks the first time NOT on its second turn even the description says it detonates after one turn. If it is resisted then it is considered as a debuff so potency vs tenacity should apply.. But not both..sheesh giving him a basic that is dodged and is resisted a lot and even with such a high potency.. Useless.

That's a good point. It's either a debuff or an attack.

Actually it should be considered simply an attack and only be dodgeable since it doesn't affect the enemy's performance in a negative way. My main concern is it's not working correctly since it's resisted equally by high and low level enemies and his potency is on the high side.
  • SNICKS
    13 posts Member
    Options
    It will Be a long while before je will ever be fixed or tuned up, devs would rather introduce new characters(who are also bugged) than fix or tune up old ones.. And the ones that they do fix or tune up right away are mostly paid toons.. So yeah good luck to our je getting fixed.
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It will Be a long while before je will ever be fixed or tuned up, devs would rather introduce new characters(who are also bugged) than fix or tune up old ones.. And the ones that they do fix or tune up right away are mostly paid toons.. So yeah good luck to our je getting fixed.

Yeah no. You are wrong on that. They don't fix paid toons only. Pretty sure they fixed Elder and Teebo at some point. Dooku and Old Ben (F2P) too.

However, Tusken Shaman an Aurodium is still bugged after the protection update and have yet to be fixed. It has already been a couple months. Not even a single word of reply on all the Tusken Shaman bug.
  • Options
    Ewoks still have a ton of bugs!
    JE is a very flawed character, especially if you ever have the desire to use him with a full team of Jawas one day. He can't revive Jawas! They are just advanced droids after all, look at the electric eyes for goodness sake. Jawas are squishy! If the Jawas were to ever become viable, JE needs to be fixed and they need to introduce Chief Nebit with amazing abilities to buff/protect the entire team somehow.

So much Junk from EA! Fix the darn Ewoks and JE!

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Dan
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

That's what I'm afraid of. The more I use him the more I'm annoyed by it constantly being resisted if not dodged.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    TerraArran wrote: »

Yeah no. You are wrong on that. They don't fix paid toons only. Pretty sure they fixed Elder and Teebo at some point. Dooku and Old Ben (F2P) too.

However, Tusken Shaman an Aurodium is still bugged after the protection update and have yet to be fixed. It has already been a couple months. Not even a single word of reply on all the Tusken Shaman bug.

That is funny!
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

That is funny!

Well I guess they were talking about it, but you get my point. They don't fix P2P characters only because Tusken Shaman is literally overlooked with every update. Not a single DEV mentioned ever taking a look at him, yet he is clearly bugged.
  • SNICKS
    13 posts Member
    Options

I meant fixed right away not fixed p2p only, like sun fac fixed him right away, while teebo, elder dooku, etc, have been in the game from the start and they just started fixin em now.. So with that trend, je being relatively new, would probably take along time to be fixed.. The shaman tho i dunno, probably cuz there werent that many who bought em compared to other aurodiums?
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    His basic got resisted in node 1 of the GW today against a gear 6 chewbacca. G6 Chewbacca only has 25% tenacity.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera can you have someone take a look at JE? His basic is broken.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    His basic got resisted in node 1 of the GW today against a gear 6 chewbacca. G6 Chewbacca only has 25% tenacity.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera can you have someone take a look at JE? His basic is broken.

I agree.... wayyyy too many resists on this. Mine is g10 too....