Question for those who run a droid team...

Ever since the Jawa Engineer became available I've wanted to build a droid team. I love Jawas, and just love the JE's kit. Anyway, I worked on building up any and all droids/jawas while I was farming for my JE, and have them all up to a decent level. Here's the team I'm currently running:

HK-47(L), IG-86, IG-88, Dathcha, JE.

Now all of them are either gear level 7 or 8, and at 5*'s(except JE, he's still 4*). When I first built this team, I was using IG-100 instead of Dathcha. He's pretty amusing, but he was only at 4* gear level 7, and he didn't really bring much to the table. Sure, he was fast as heck, but didn't hit that hard. What was getting on my nerves was how fast my JE was dying. So, I switched him out with Dathcha and my dps went up. Sure, at that time my JE was still dying fast, but I was able to take people down much faster which helped a lot. My JE is now gear level 8 and can actually take hits now, so I'm not concerned there.

My question is this: I'm very close to making IG-100 a 5*, and he's getting closer to gear level 8. Dathcha is only 2 pieces away from gear level 8, so they're almost neck and neck. Would you recommend keeping Dathcha, or switching him out for IG-100?? Or would you guys recommend something else??

I do wish I could get the super battle droid, but I'm too cheap to want to invest the money. lol

Replies

• bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Rey or rg and maybe daka?
    But gear level is more important than stars.
    Full gear 5 star is miles better than 6 star level 8.
    If these are miles away. Work on them and use dathcha.
  • Options
    I run a droid team with Poggle and it works well. I WISH I had JE - can't even get the shards now. Poggle offers heal block on his basic attack and, at gear 9 or 10, hits pretty hard, and his offense up enables the droids to do serious damage. I also use IG86, Hk104, ig88, and either Daka, Dooku, or Lumi in the last spot. I got the super battle droid, but he's at 4* and the rest are at 7, gear 8!or better, so he isn't ready to play in their league yet.
    Nospa Taktak of the Dads guild
    "Who's your daddy, now?"
    Playing since Christmas Day 2015
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    A guildmate of mine uses nearly the same setup except he replaced Dathcha with RG. He usually ranks between 1 - 5.
  • Options
    I can't say about IG-100 but i can say that the regular Jawa is better than Dathcha. Omega his AOE and it stuns anyone on 25%... you pretty much always get one stun and often two. His basic hits harder generally as well because it gets a decent bonus against a debuffed character and HK-47 debuffs a lot.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Id say go with 100 for now...i get more out of my lv 78 g9 5* grevious than my l80 7* g9 100 but if i had niether id use rg to maybe give je another turn...i have 7* jawa and he has nice atk...but to much squishyness...grevious is tougher...lol that says something
  • Options
    I run 100 at max. He hits like a truck at a higher level plus HK's leader ability omegaed. I have seen 100 take down LUMI with less health due to leader ability. She wasn't his only victim. I am farming 88 plus JE so I am hopeful once I pull JE and get 88 another star it will be better. Currently with HK 86 and 100 with DS and Lumi I rank almost top 100 on my server. I am hopeful with JE and 88 I will get top 50. I have seen the same setup rank 1 on my server. But he had his JE at 7 stars and G9.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Switch Datcha for jawa. IG100 only gets good at g9 but I'd say hes one of the hardest characters to gear. With jawa you have a good aoe team and he's easy to farm and gear.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I normally run through the droid teams, but this morning a got destroyed by a droid team with the jaws and grievous (6*). I'll have to try that one again haha
    SodenBowl.com
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly IG-100 is a sleeper. I have him gear X and he hits pretty hard and has a TON of hp/prot 47K I have not put any omegas on him yet but he is getting my next 15 to max him. plus his O down lands almost every hit now.
  • Options
    I have one more O for ig86 then i will max out 100. By then I'll have 88 probably maxed and then I'll work on him. I agree is O down lands almost every hit plus his speed up and his retribution I have seen him hit 4 times in a row due to Crits etc...
  • Options
    I think datcha is weak and not a threat on your team. You're better off using qui gon, daka, Royal guard, or even Han in that spot. I faced that same droid team with qui gon in that spot, it was pretty good. I think you should use Royal guard personally. I just got my Royal guard to gear 9, he has 38k hp. It'll be very hard to kill jawa engineer with RG protecting him. And they can't kill your droids because jawa engineer will just revive them. But yeah, magna guard isn't terrible, but he's not the greatest spot in that position. I'd use magna guard over datcha at equal gear levels.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I chose Dathcha over the regular Jawa because he seemed to only be good against droids, but if omega'ing his abilities will change that to stunning anyone, that may be a good option.

I think I will try adding RG into that mix, though, because having someone who can tank really well would be awesome, and I really hate fighting people with a RG, so maybe I should help make people hate fighting my team. lol My only concern is JE's speed, because he's faster with droids/jawas on his team. Will having RG make him noticeably slower?? I just need him to attack first so I can increase my teams attack bars.