How would you defeat this team? (Ackbar, Leia, B2, Sun Fac, RG)

Yankee
28 posts Member
I'm on a newish server (~4 weeks) and the number1 whale has this annoying team and now whale number 2 has copied it. It may seem like it has very little offense, and it does but with 2 tanks and an aoe buff immunity it's a long struggle while Leia picks off my team 1 by 1 (often 1 shotting them).

My own team (Ackbar, Luke, Lumi, QGJ, RG) doesn't stand a chance so I want to develop a team to specifically target the above setup. Any ideas? Farmable characters only.

Replies

• Options
    Ackbar, qgj, phasma, old Ben, Luke. May not work, but I'd give that a try as far as farmable characters that everyone should have. Or I'd throw Rey in instead of Luke, but Luke's stun could help against B2 and sun fac. I know old Ben isn't used a lot if he isn't a leader, but he's been really helpful for me. If you don't have him use Rey.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Luke and Lumi are not your best choice. Phasma + Leia would be solid additions. With AA lead, and Leia as your only other rebel, you have a 50/50 chance of Leia getting a bonus attack whenever anyone uses a non attack move (and you have a lot of them with AA, Phasma and RG). Your current team lacks big hitters. Leia gives you that and Phasma boosts everyone's hit a lot.
  • Options
    Full droid team does the job with jawa eng
  • Options
    It's really going to be a long slog to get a team that will be competitive with them, and by that time they'll have squads that can crush what you've assembled. Just accept that you can't really compete with (smart) whales.

I say this as someone who hasn't spent a dime, but was able to take #2 for about a month, and top 5 for another month. At about 10 weeks in I'm split between top 10 and top 5, depending on whether I can snipe or if I get sniped. My squad has about 26k, but the consistent #1 is 34k. Not much I can do against that.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Luke and Lumi are not your best choice. Phasma + Leia would be solid additions. With AA lead, and Leia as your only other rebel, you have a 50/50 chance of Leia getting a bonus attack whenever anyone uses a non attack move (and you have a lot of them with AA, Phasma and RG). Your current team lacks big hitters. Leia gives you that and Phasma boosts everyone's hit a lot.

^^This
  • Erik_Aphax
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »

^^This

The same team that I was thinking about weeks ago but still meditating about the 5, maybe Asajj...
  • Options
    This team is no good. Why two tanks? To protect a stealth end Leia? Dumb.. Should replace a tank with Rey or b2 with Rey so she can double attack off the bat with AA
  • Yankee
    28 posts Member
    Options

I've only just started on my second "round" of characters. Lumi is a must farm first, and Luke was the only rebel that was easily available when I started. I have Rey, Leia and Phasma coming up now.
    It's really going to be a long slog to get a team that will be competitive with them, and by that time they'll have squads that can crush what you've assembled. Just accept that you can't really compete with (smart) whales.

I say this as someone who hasn't spent a dime, but was able to take #2 for about a month, and top 5 for another month. At about 10 weeks in I'm split between top 10 and top 5, depending on whether I can snipe or if I get sniped. My squad has about 26k, but the consistent #1 is 34k. Not much I can do against that.

Yea that is probably good advice.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    This team is no good. Why two tanks? To protect a stealth end Leia? Dumb.. Should replace a tank with Rey or b2 with Rey so she can double attack off the bat with AA

It's because both tanks use non attack specials at the start, which is a benefit with Ackbar lead and the tanks last several turns longer to kill meaning leis has extra turns to inflict damage and not be targeted while stealth'd.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    QGJ doo
  • Options
    I'd defeat it by kicking its ****