Magnaguard..

H_B0MBZ
292 posts Member
He is so bad. G9 lvl 80 he is so bad. He loses 1v1s to even dooku at g8. His special is a joke damage wise, solid 2ks.

I love when it comes down to 1v1 and the enemy has no protection left and your magnaguard is full health and you lose because dooku and Fives555 get 16 attacks to your 4, which hit like butter.

Obviously magnaguard is not a 1v1 kind of toon, what is he good for? In what way can you use him effectively?

Also for having a 55% chance to counter is so useless. It only procs 25% of the time. Make it 80 like fives555 or his new unique should be 20% chance to attack a target that a droid has attacked. Also if untouched he will receive offense and speed up. Just take out counter altogether.

Replies

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    Yea he is by far i think one of the worst Tanks in the game I dont have him leveled at all and even when i was a lower level and doing lower DS battles he felt super weak as a toon compared to the other Darkside toons before i even found this forum. I duno if anyone has found a use for him.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Have you tried him on a droid team with HK lead and JE?

Just wondering since I thought about farming him for that to see if he's any better.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »

Just wondering since I thought about farming him for that to see if he's any better.

I don't use him but on paper...he is kinda ok. He does aoe gains 100 percent tm and gets speed up and does his basic, if it crits(which it probably will) he will almost be at full tm again and get offense up...right as you kill the last guy...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options

Honestly I tried him out. He gets his AoE off and hits for like 2k. The best case scenario is he gets his AoE off and reduces their tm. Even then it's not enough to give any droids an extra attack even with HK47 lead.

Most times he just sits there taking up space because he's slow, no one attacks him and his attacks are very weak.

If I were you I'd invest in jawa. His omega has 25% chance to stun any toon not just droids.
    His potency is good and his basic is supposed to be the most efficient way to apply speed down in raids now. Plus he's faster than all the droids and hits hard. He also fits into the JE squad synergy.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options

I don't use him but on paper...he is kinda ok. He does aoe gains 100 percent tm and gets speed up and does his basic, if it crits(which it probably will) he will almost be at full tm again and get offense up...right as you kill the last guy...

As g9 he does great against g8s. But as soon as you play against a team with similar gear he is just useless.
  • Options

I got him on a HK droid team with HK omega but honestly its not that great. Just like OP mentioned, it gets whipped by dooku and fives constantly. If counter was like dookus 100% I think it would be more viable

• Salacious_Slug
    255 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree he is awful. I don't even use him on my Droid team.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I use it. The problem is his speed. Even with JE Rey can still go before him .hURNDK9.jpg
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah i substitute my lv 80 g8 5* grevious instead of my maxed (like pic jarjar has above) 100...he is just to slow and hits like a feather-duster.
    Grevious at least gives the free turn and taunt and hits for a consistent 5k+ and the health down really pays off with hk lead and JE when you unleash aoe's.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I like magna, and he isn't omega'd yet. Maybe once my rg gets a caller, rg will be better as my fifth, though....

I don't see how his AOE isn't getting ur other droids to get in attacks. With hk lead and je, my droidson seems to always have two toons near full at all times. Maybe it won't be as great going up against Ben/han. But i think magna aoe is good. On any other team would not aoe that does 15% TM reduction and 1.4k damage and gives 100% tm be any good? (15% because droids and je are at least 50% faster than any other squad.)

Magna has won many matches for me. He is great to tag dooku with o down, early. So ur other droids don't take too much damage. He ensure someone is alive to see je detonators finally go off, if it comes to that. And when he is down to last two toons with hk, I have actually seen him get both his buffs up while the AI focuses on HK.
  • Zaikkon
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually working on magnaguard right now in cantina for my droid team, with HK lead, 86, 88 and JE, and at g8 already I find he works extremely well for me, now one of my favourite characters. His offense down is extremely handy, and sure he's not the best dps but he can sometimes hit up to 5k, plus what you lose in dps you already have 86 and 88 who are really strong. With all the extra turns already from JE and HK omega lead, his TM reduction AOE timed right can give you even more turns, and he also speeds up JE that little bit more too.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For me, he was a handicap until I reached 80. After omega-ing HK lead, Magnaguard leapfrogged RG and Han. That AOE is quite often the hit that finishes off Rey behind the enemy taunter. The only problem is no coverage for JE, but once I get JE to X, I think this problem takes care of itself.

Perhaps RG will be better on defense, still.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I like magna, and he isn't omega'd yet. Maybe once my rg gets a caller, rg will be better as my fifth, though....

I don't see how his AOE isn't getting ur other droids to get in attacks. With hk lead and je, my droidson seems to always have two toons near full at all times. Maybe it won't be as great going up against Ben/han. But i think magna aoe is good. On any other team would not aoe that does 15% TM reduction and 1.4k damage and gives 100% tm be any good? (15% because droids and je are at least 50% faster than any other squad.)

Magna has won many matches for me. He is great to tag dooku with o down, early. So ur other droids don't take too much damage. He ensure someone is alive to see je detonators finally go off, if it comes to that. And when he is down to last two toons with hk, I have actually seen him get both his buffs up while the AI focuses on HK.

If you are successful with him just think how much more successful yoy could be without him. Trust me I want him to be good I farmed him all the way from 0. It doesn't matter if he gets off his AoE because his AoE and 1 attack is so weak it doesn't even matter. His tm reduction is good but it won't buy any of your droids an extra attack. Also by the time you can use his AoE again you have either won or are the last character standing. Even 4 star grevious is a better sub.

Until he gets a buff I will patiently wait for his day to shine. For now the bench he will sit.