Irrefutable proof that drop rates have been increased

Sikho
1088 posts Member
edited June 2016
Today I went 5/10 during my stun gun farming so obviously this anectodal evidence is a proof that EA has increased the drop rates.

I also had a battle where a Dooku-led team only dodged once so obviously it's a fact that they lowered evasion chance for the AI now it definitely needs a buff because it's too weak

Now that you see how silly you sound, please refrain from spreading false rumors about AI proc rates, drop rates or any RNG-based accusations.
Spouting nonsense without any concrete proof to back up your claim is worthless.

Replies

• Options
    I take all these threads as people venting their frustration and not actual criticism on the game. Haven't we all reached the point where we angrily threw the controller to the ground because we lost a match in game xx or died in game yy? Let them vent
  • Options
    johndoe82 wrote: »
    I take all these threads as people venting their frustration and not actual criticism on the game. Haven't we all reached the point where we angrily threw the controller to the ground because we lost a match in game xx or died in game yy? Let them vent

This. And yes!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when the devs said they were working on a system to make the RNG feel less punishing? Those were good times. Some sort of mercy mechanic would probably cut down on a significant portion of these complaints about RNG.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Remember when the devs said they were working on a system to make the RNG feel less punishing? Those were good times. Some sort of mercy mechanic would probably cut down on a significant portion of these complaints about RNG.

It may be already in action since i get 1 cuff every 2 refreshes ;) that has been the hardest farm for me, everything else is pretty close to 20-33% depends on what is the farm. Rng is a **** sometimes but you either accept it or spend your way through thats how it goes.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options

Remember when they told us they'd balance toons and slower toons would do more damage and fast toons less? I too remember.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I applaud your efford of trying to promote a more positive agenda around here.

Took about 3 posts before someone found an angle to complain from, @facepalm
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Lasserini wrote: »

It took 6 posts for someone to complain about a complaint.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Hendiju wrote: »

Remember when they told us they'd balance toons and slower toons would do more damage and fast toons less? I too remember.

B-b... But Rey... She's...
    But they said they would...
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

It took 7 posts for someone to complain about someone complaining about a complain.

Wow, did I just start the best chain ever?

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »

It took 7 posts for someone to complain about someone complaining about a complain.

Wow, did I just start the best chain ever?

It only took 9 posts...

NO!!! The chain must be broken!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    one can not refute the irrefutable!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I wish I had the RNG some of you guys are having, I literally get 1 stun cuff per refresh, 2 if im extremely lucky, makes me want to vomit
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I had the RNG some of you guys are having, I literally get 1 stun cuff per refresh, 2 if im extremely lucky, makes me want to vomit

giphy.gif
  • Options
    lol yeah thats pretty much how I feel whenever I do any node farming for gears in this game now
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

If you go to the nodes directly, without using the "find gear" menu, and wait 30 sec before each try, you will get better drop rates.
    That and sacrificing young virgins to Satan. I don't know which one works, so I'm doing both.
  • Options

If you go to the nodes directly, without using the "find gear" menu, and wait 30 sec before each try, you will get better drop rates.
    That and sacrificing young virgins to Satan. I don't know which one works, so I'm doing both.

Is this "find gear" thing proven? I have had similar drop rates, bad droughts and good randoms, with find gear. I figured I was screwed either way. Seemed the same but if this is a fact, "find gear" I shall not.
  • Options
    How can you pretend to have irrefutal proof of something which is just random and statistical based on your own experience of just few tests case of the scenario?
  • Options
    How can you pretend to have irrefutal proof of something which is just random and statistical based on your own experience of just few tests case of the scenario?

This is his point.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

Is this "find gear" thing proven? I have had similar drop rates, bad droughts and good randoms, with find gear. I figured I was screwed either way. Seemed the same but if this is a fact, "find gear" I shall not.

No. It does not have any impact on drop rates. Nothing does.

People just enjoy creating arbitrary rules because they are, in fact, afraid of random.
    Not being in control of events is a really weird feeling, but it's often what's seeked out by gambling addicts.
  • Options

I usually always do the go directly to node method without using the find gear, dont know if it makes a difference but I do it anyway, I guess in my case with my abysmal drop rates its likely not helping me lol

Ill look into the sacrificing virgins to satan though, if it increases my drop rates ill let you know lol
  • Options

No, it makes no difference at all. I know because I didn't keep any records, but I did press SIM a jillion times over the last six months and sometimes I even count drops in my head.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    When I was farming Bearas they increased the drop rates one day and I got like 12 shards in a single refresh. The next they they moved them back and I was so mad.
  • Options
    By continuously clicking "SIM" button from "find gear" menu, I spent 360 energy from 3 refreshes to have acquired only 2 purple pieces yesterday and spent 240 energy from 2 refreshes to have acquired only 1 purple piece today; nevertheless, back in the past, I have many times experienced extremely low drop rate (<6%) with "find gear" menu or with continuously quickly clicking "SIM" button or both. So I think there could be glitch in drop rate especially with "find gear" button or with continuously quickly clicking"SIM" button or both.

Nevertheless, I think I will from now on try to avoid using "find gear" menu as well as clicking "SIM" button too quickly.
  • Options
    Two days ago I got 2 purple eyeballs from 240 energy without using the "find gear" menu. I just went straight to LS 7C and pushed SIM 24 times. That's only an 8% drop rate.
    Yesterday I got 1 purple eyeball from 240 energy. That's only 4%!!!!
    Today I got 3 purple eyeballs from 100 energy. That's a whole 30%! Soo glad they decided to increase the drop rates on this purple gear! ;)
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I got 27 cuffs from 74 Sims once. And then maybe 5-6 cuffs from the same amount of sims a different time. It's all over the place on any given day but it should average out in the long run. Usually if I have a really bad day of drops, the next day is much better and makes up for it.
  • Options
    if i recall correctly, farming 10 pieces as minimum a day with 2xrefresh, hand cuff on other hand quite different droprate farm 38 piece for 6 week+.
    disagree with op
    Today I went 5/10 during my stun gun farming so obviously this anectodal evidence is a proof that EA has increased the drop rates.
    Now that you see how silly you sound, please refrain from spreading false rumors about AI proc rates, drop rates or any RNG-based accusations.
    Spouting nonsense without any concrete proof to back up your claim is worthless.

the cake is a lie
  • Options

I have come to the conclusion they don't care about drop rate RNG. After all, the fix is easy.

I assume the developers have a certain drop rate defined for each gear item.
    For example, let's say purple hair dryer drops 25% of the time on node X.
    So how to fix RNG drops?

1. Eliminate Gear Drops on Nodes.
    2. Drop "Gear Currency" instead. These drop in a fixed amount on the node EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PLAY IT.
    3. Create Gear Trading Post. Inside said trading post, allow players to buy gear using their gear currency.
    4. Price gear so that it equals the drop rate. In my 25% drop rate for the purple hair dryers, that means I need to play that node 4 times to get 1 hair dryer. Have the node drop 1 currency and price the hair dryer at 4 currency in the shop.
    Voila! Less angry consumers.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    This keeps everyone even, steven. So it will clog up the arena, and people will just complain about getting clock blocked. Better to let a few people get their gear first and sit in top 5, and let some people get no gear, so they have to buy...

That's not even sarcastic. If every active F2P player progresses exactly the same, it will be a problem. That gives none of them a chance to compete at the top, and 90% of the players clumped in one crab pot stretching from rank 100 to 1000.