Is Five still arena viable?

Currently player level 70 and farming Five in cantinat shipment (5 stars atm).
I tend to run arena team with Old Ben (L), ST Han, Rey, Leia, Five.

However I heard that Five got nerfed recently (omega basic?) so should I continue with Five or switch to someone else?

Replies

• Options
    I personally would replace Fives with Phasma. It has nothing to do with correcting the bug with his description and his basic attack, Phasma just has better utility here. Victory March will give Rey and Leia a second turn before the other team can go plus the bonus with advantage.
  • Options
    I personally would replace Fives with Phasma. It has nothing to do with correcting the bug with his description and his basic attack, Phasma just has better utility here. Victory March will give Rey and Leia a second turn before the other team can go plus the bonus with advantage.
    I have Phasma 7* gear 8, but do you think Five is better on arena defense than Phasma?

• Options
    5's has that counter power, the omega is still decent on basic. His HP is huge. He is viable, but not great. He is the last stand king. He though is easy to deal with. I hit him with Leia stealthed, no counter. Hit him with a taunt up, only hit him with Bombs like Flurry, Swarm, Gun Down, ect. He is viable, just not top tier.
  • Options
    Fives is really easy to counter, you can either stun him or use stealth but both effectively nullify any possible gains you can have with his counter attack and speed down.
  • ImperiusVN
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So who would you guys suggest for the last spot, QGJ or Phasma? And should I replace Ben with Dooku, because Ben is almost useless except his leader skill.
  • Options
    ImperiusVN wrote: »
    So who would you guys suggest for the last spot, QGJ or Phasma? And should I replace Ben with Dooku, because Ben is almost useless except his leader skill.

I tend to favor QGJ for stripping taunts, but Phasma is really solid as well. I run Dooku but only because I haven't gotten around to farming Ben yet. I'd rather have Ben lead for defense. Between Jedi mind Tricks and Hans impending taunt, I spend my whole first turn attacking Han and trying to stun Ben on opposing teams.

• Options
    ImperiusVN wrote: »

I tend to favor QGJ for stripping taunts, but Phasma is really solid as well. I run Dooku but only because I haven't gotten around to farming Ben yet. I'd rather have Ben lead for defense. Between Jedi mind Tricks and Hans impending taunt, I spend my whole first turn attacking Han and trying to stun Ben on opposing teams.
    So QGJ for offense, Phasma for deffense?
  • Options
    I've been using Fives in arena since the protection update and I was typically placing top 5 each night. Just this week though I've been dropping 35 arena spots at night. I finally had to replace Fives with ST Han so I wouldn't be targeted in arena. It's a shame.