Torn Between RG and STH for Arena

I typically shoot for Top 20 daily because I'm just not available at 7pm to fight for rewards. I can usually manage it but I drop significantly overnight. I haven't used a tank to this point as I find them boring and a bit of cheesing. But I'm ready to to include one of these guys. I have enough resources to get RG to G9 and STH is already there.

My current team:

Dooku G9 (L)
QGJ G11
Rey G10
86 G9 (he'll be G10 soon)
Daka G9 (she will be swapped out)

I like Daka b/c she can stun, revive and heal. But she's clearly the weak link here.

STH is great b/c he offers TM but has only OK health and easily dispelled

RG has massive health and a stun but offers very little offensively.

I'm leaning towards RG due to his auto taunt, health pool and stun. STH scares me a bit b/c of his low health for a tank and long cooldown for taunt if dispelled (and everyone has QGJ). Plus I hear you have to take him to G10 or G11 to really make use of him and I'm not sure I want to dedicate my raid gear to him at this time.

So any thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Yank 86 and Daka, put them both in.
  • Options
    20 better options than 86

Red plus Daka protects you from falling into the 100-200 range overnight. Most skip fighting the combo unless p2p.

Do not run STH yet so no opinion.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Whitchit wrote: »

What he said.
  • Options
    +1000 I hit rank 1 daily on a November server with this team.
  • Options
    I love 86. Esp. With his omegas hits like a Canon. I don't want to run double tanks as that is boring. Even with my comp I rarely drop past 50 or 60. I tend to think my shard is not that good.
  • Options
    Here's the thing though I can only level and gear one of them. So I have to choose. That being the case, which one would you choose?
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    People prefer to take rg for single tanks. If Han gets dispelled, he is useless, rg still is useful.
  • Options
    People prefer to take rg for single tanks. If Han gets dispelled, he is useless, rg still is useful.

See that is really what led me to lean heavily towards RG. Plus he's a bit easier to gear up to 10, which helps. Even at G9 he's got about 40k health.
  • Options
    I typically shoot for Top 20 daily because I'm just not available at 7pm to fight for rewards. I can usually manage it but I drop significantly overnight. I haven't used a tank to this point as I find them boring and a bit of cheesing. But I'm ready to to include one of these guys. I have enough resources to get RG to G9 and STH is already there.

My current team:

Dooku G9 (L)
    QGJ G11
    Rey G10
    86 G9 (he'll be G10 soon)
    Daka G9 (she will be swapped out)

I like Daka b/c she can stun, revive and heal. But she's clearly the weak link here.

STH is great b/c he offers TM but has only OK health and easily dispelled

RG has massive health and a stun but offers very little offensively.

I'm leaning towards RG due to his auto taunt, health pool and stun. STH scares me a bit b/c of his low health for a tank and long cooldown for taunt if dispelled (and everyone has QGJ). Plus I hear you have to take him to G10 or G11 to really make use of him and I'm not sure I want to dedicate my raid gear to him at this time.

So any thoughts would be appreciated.

I will be honest, I do not see what everyone loves about Han. He poses absolutely zero threat. At least as far as I am concerned. I will say, that his leader ability looks like it could be boss. If I had him and insisitsd on using him, he would HAVE to be the leader.

RG has worlds more health. He can self heal with a move or self heal automatically whenever ANYONE else on your roster takes damage, he stuns like 80% of the time with his basic attack, and my absolute favorite (and probably 90% of the people who have RG) is the auto taunt.

If it were me, without question, I'd drop 86. I just recently dropped 86 from my main 5. Even after installing omega upgrades where possible on him... But yeah if your stated roster were mine, I'd run

Dooku lead
    QGJ
    Rey
    Daka
    RG

Without question. Its similar to my lineup. I am on a day one hard release server. I average in the 20s lately. My lineup is (all 7* level 80)

Phasma lead (gear 8)
    RG (gear 8, 9 in the next couple days)
    QGJ (gear 11)
    Rey (gear 9)
    GS (gear 10)

But yeah, your Daka can heal RG or bring back fallen toons. I say RG and its not even close. I SO dont understand this man crush on STHan that everyone has.
  • Options
    I appreciate your input S4D. I think we share alot of the same thinking on this. I went with RG and I think it's been the right decision so far. I haven't dropped much and RG will be G10 very easily with a few more raids. I'm actually surprised how easy he is to gear in the upper levels, he was a bear to get to G7.

For whatever reason, I love the bot. If it's not fun, why bother? Daka is boring...
  • Options
    In my experience, people who run two tanks make a huge mistake. You sacrifice so much dps and utility for something that makes little sense. Once Han's taunt is dispelled, he is worthless. His cd on taunt is too long, he doesn't have that much health, nor do that much damage. He also has no other ability useful to the team. Everyone knows to save dispel for Han when facing two tanks, so it is utterly pointless to run both. Getting lucky as having QGJ or whoever is dispelling your taunt whiff is one thing... even then, how does that make you benefit having two tanks? Would you rather face Ben (L), QGJ, Leia, Rey, RG or Ben (L), Han, RG, Leia, QGJ? I pick the two tank team every single time.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Two tanks works great with Dooku lead and Rey, at least for a long portion of server age. Eventually, it might not be the best, but that's no reason not to use it, now. The thing that makes it work is Rey. You dont' need Han taunt to do too much, in this case. All you are doing is creating a small window where Rey can go off.

Han does not work as the sole tank under Dooku lead on defense. Not with Rey. On offense he will be great, but on defense you will drop. Han only works as the sole tank under Ben lead, IMO. It is too easy to kill Rey in absence of RG or Ben's TM bonus. And too easy to simply detaunt Han, and he is a liability. With Ben, Han's taunt is protected by Mind Tricks and Rey is harder to shut out due to TM on dodge and Mind Tricks.

For Dooku lead, hands down I can't see any choice but RG, firstly. Dooku Daka RG Rey is about as strong combo as you can get for a Dooku lead. I used both, and I would use Han occasionally. He is as great a PvP toon as there is, but u gotta go Ben + Han, IMO.
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    In my experience, people who run two tanks make a huge mistake. You sacrifice so much dps and utility for something that makes little sense. Once Han's taunt is dispelled, he is worthless. His cd on taunt is too long, he doesn't have that much health, nor do that much damage. He also has no other ability useful to the team. Everyone knows to save dispel for Han when facing two tanks, so it is utterly pointless to run both. Getting lucky as having QGJ or whoever is dispelling your taunt whiff is one thing... even then, how does that make you benefit having two tanks? Would you rather face Ben (L), QGJ, Leia, Rey, RG or Ben (L), Han, RG, Leia, QGJ? I pick the two tank team every single time.

Not everyone faces Han/Fac as the 2 tanks. Dispel Han leave Fac to taunt. The bug is deathly slow and taunts 2 turns, counter with extra damage and critical down on counter and basic dispels positive effects and self heals as he does. Maxed he is 55K HP/Protection. Dispel han and leave his taunt to neuter you. Dispel him face the turn meter of Han, who has 35k max. I've been running them as a 2 taunt and it works very well on offense. I like it over RG. On D I'm still testing, however I can say I'm fine with either Fac or Han being dispelled and the other going on, both bring so much in their taunt kit.