Is geonosian soldier 2* worth promoting?

Currently I'm only at stage two at squad cantina. Should I complete more cantina missions or farm geo soldier shards (need 25 shards). Currently level 39.
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• Options
    I've got four stages of squad cantina and I still farm him. Depends if he fits in your teams or not. He hits pretty hard and has a useful assist ability.
  • Options
    I'd keep farming him. By the time you get in the late 40s or early 50s he should be closing in on 5* I would guess. He's also probably the best farmable single target dps available unless you want a full droid squad.
  • Options
    He is beast. Swarm attack can throw out 6k total damage at 54. He is pet of my standard line up now. Plus does not suffer from the innate evasion that some dark side have to Jedi or vice versa.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming him right now, hit 3* tomorrow I guess. Hard decision between him, Luke and JC for cantina missions, actually.
  • Options
    He is certainly one of the underestimated in the game. His only real problem is that he's only farmable in Cantina so it'll take a while, especially Level 6 and up....
  • NessusChiron74
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been farming him since the hard release. I don't even have the 3rd cantina battle table open. I have him at 6*. He's a badass. Keep farming him. I came in 1st the last couple days at reward time sniping back in. He's the best farmable character I find because his shards seem to drop more than jcs shards.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Let's just say I have quite a few 6 star and 7 star characters and he was the only 1 star I had with maxed gear lol
  • Options
    I went for luke because GS is ugly as sin. Some things are just more important to me than atk power..
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Good news is Luke is better anyway. :)
  • Options
    He is great. A cannon, but not made out of glass like so many of the others. His special hits like a truck and calls an assist. If you have another hard hitter on your team that gets called, this can be a killer 1-2 punch. Plus the cooldown on the special at level 5 is 1 turn.
  • Options
    He
    Baal wrote: »

No he's not, I'm a luke user and I regret not investing into him. He hits almost as hard without the assist, but with the assist he hits harder+his special refreshes quicker.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Luke has a crit boost.

His basic feeds turn meter and gives a dot..

Special stuns and lowers def.

His leader skill neuters control teams.

Vs.

Geo's basic gives offense up.
    Slightly faster first round.

End.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Luke has a crit boost.

Vs.

End.

30% chance to get a 25% crit boost, which barely proc. Dot is garbage, but turn meter is nice.

Special stun is nice but lower defense is pretty much useless. I rather have an extra 2k-3k damage geo provides than the stun.

Geo is far faster not slightly, and hits far harder. IF you're using Luke for tenacity, than yes, he is better, but geo is better in every other area. If you get lucky and crit every regular shot with Luke, he's better, but Geo is just far more consistent.

End

Geo might even hit harder than luke at 7 stars with his crit without an assist. I actually never been hit by a 7 star geo.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    He

No he's not, I'm a luke user and I regret not investing into him. He hits almost as hard without the assist, but with the assist he hits harder+his special refreshes quicker.

Same here would love to trade.

Also Luke has low potency so my stun doesn't proc that often.
  • Options
    Geo wont hot harder than luke lol
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    IceBlitz wrote: »
    Geo wont hot harder than luke lol

It's not hard lumi hits harder then Luke.
  • Options
    Whaaaa? Is this thread still going on?!? Yes, the answer is Yes, Geno Soldier is def worth promoting! He is also relatively easy to gear up than others and only has 3 abilities to upgrade too.

Worth it for any type of roster imo, be it F2P or a paying Consumer as he can fit onto many team comps and modes.
  • Options
    So i should stop my luke at 5*? You are going to depresss.me...maybe i should get kylo and stop wasting in the farmboy
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Luke has a crit boost.

Vs.

End.

Being faster means a lot, specially if you tsrget Luke with Geo's assist special and nuke him
  • Options
    Okay I admit. I quit farming Luke and am closing in on kylo. I'd rather have geo too from what I hear, but Luke is still great to have.
  • Options
    Maybe it is just my server but no one uses geo. But since Luke was brought up. The crit up duration at 2 turns makes it pretty constant when you have sid/bobba as lead. So you basically have a tank hitting 4k reg atks and 7k specials. With another heavy dps to stall atks on Luke and you can drop almost anyone solo while group works on single target.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers everyone, I'll start promoting geo soldier.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Luke has a crit boost.

Vs.

End.
    You have drastically understated GS. Try this:

Much faster than luke. Higher HP and damage. Crit bonus to any Geo. Turn meter boost off crit. Assist attack every 2 turns. Offense boost off basic.

The guy is a machine and hands down my best hero. The only reason not to farm him is I expect a nerf when more people catch on.

Only reason he gets overlooked is because he's a generic character.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    He's alright. Dps and no control. Use him in a more ll
    Keaven wrote: »
    Luke has a crit boost.

Vs.

End.
    You have drastically understated GS. Try this:

Much faster than luke. Higher HP and damage. Crit bonus to any Geo. Turn meter boost off crit. Assist attack every 2 turns. Offense boost off basic.

The guy is a machine and hands down my best hero. The only reason not to farm him is I expect a nerf when more people catch on.

Only reason he gets overlooked is because he's a generic character.

He won't be nerfed. He doesn't heal, taunt or stun. He just do damage and is rather squishy due to low armor.