New Empire character

Batman44gaming
1826 posts Member
edited July 2016
Storm Trooper commander

Basic:leading shot: deal physical damage to target enemy with a 45 percent chance to heal for 10 percent of his max health. If he has 50 percent health or more call an empire ally to assist

Special:bacta bomb: heal all allies for 30 percent of Storm trooper commander's max health. Empire allies have a 35 percent chance to heal 20 percent protection

Unique:adrenaline stim: when Storm trooper commander reaches 25 percent health, he heals for 15 percent of his max health for the next 3 turns

Unique:trained leader: when an empire ally attacks, he has a 50 percent chance to call storm trooper commander to assist dealing 50 percent more damage

@CG_Conduit23 (I assume you are a lead character designer. if not lead, then at least a regular designer)feel free to include any ideas from my posts to use in your kits.
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
Post edited by Batman44gaming on

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I like it and I love all the Battlefront references.
  • MrJFL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Only problem is that he is too OP, it's a little bit rediculus his abilities, very useful and no real down side
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    MrJFL wrote: »
    Only problem is that he is too OP, it's a little bit rediculus his abilities, very useful and no real down side

I'm not seeing it. The character does no debuffs and it's only positive buffs is a heal weaker than Luminara and health up which isn't that great. Seams like a character that could do well in an Empire team but for the most part can be ignored to the end.
  • Options
    Overall too powerful but good ideas...

The last Unique with the assists is way too powerful you could easily combine it with Phasma and suddenly everyone has a really good chance at 2 assists instead of one (and considering his main attack already calls an assist, it could end up being 3 assists total instead of 2).

Also, too many self-heals, and when combined with all those assists he'd basically never die. Not to mention that he is sort of an "extra" as opposed to a "named" character, which means he should probably only have 3 abilities instead of 4, much like the other Empire "extras".

Drop the last unique and tone down the self-heals a bit and you might have a workable character though, depending on the final damage and healing amounts.
  • MrJFL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Overall too powerful but good ideas...

The last Unique with the assists is way too powerful you could easily combine it with Phasma and suddenly everyone has a really good chance at 2 assists instead of one (and considering his main attack already calls an assist, it could end up being 3 assists total instead of 2).

Also, too many self-heals, and when combined with all those assists he'd basically never die. Not to mention that he is sort of an "extra" as opposed to a "named" character, which means he should probably only have 3 abilities instead of 4, much like the other Empire "extras".

Drop the last unique and tone down the self-heals a bit and you might have a workable character though, depending on the final damage and healing amounts.

Aero…. you were saying?
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    too powerful, like a basic attack with 100% chance to remove all buffs, then heal yourself for 20% for EACH buff removed? Oh yeah, and that guy has Counter. Oh yeah, he also has a taunt. Oh yeah, and 100% chance to inflict Crit chance down when he counters. Oh yeah, another special attack that heals himself when against a debuffed target, which this guy does his own debuffs so he's a better Tank than most tanks(55k HP/prot) , better Support than most other supporters (HIS 132% potency opposed to Tarkin, Magmatroop, heck lots of other "support" types have less potency), and has better heals than a mis-titled Nightsister Acolyte (20% heal when she crits and considered a "Healer").

These guys clearly don't test newly released characters with all the bugs that come with them, and the pis-poor design and lack of interest in fixing worthless characters. This is what will kill this game.
  • MrJFL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Storm Trooper commander

Basic:leading shot: deal physical damage to target enemy with a 45 percent chance to heal for 10 percent of his max health. If he has 50 percent health or more call an empire ally to assist

Special:bacta bomb: heal all allies for 30 percent of Storm trooper commander's max health. Empire allies have a 35 percent chance to heal 20 percent protection

Unique:adrenaline stim: when Storm trooper commander reaches 25 percent health, he heals for 15 percent of his max health for the next 3 turns

Unique:trained leader: when an empire ally attacks, he has a 50 percent chance to call storm trooper commander to assist dealing 50 percent more damage

@CG_Conduit23 (I assume you are a lead character designer. if not lead, then at least a regular designer)feel free to include any ideas from my posts to use in your kits.

How about this instead:

Basic: physical dmg with 25% to call an assist that does 60% less dmg if not empire.

Special: hit all enemies and for each critical strike, heal all allies by 3%, (after upgrade) in addition storm trooper commander gains 10% turn meter per non-critical strike.

Special no.2: heal all allies 20% of storm trooper commander's max health.

unique: storm trooper commander gains offense up and heals 5% of his max health when below 25%.

much more balanced and nothing too OP.
  • MrJFL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Also the heal protection is just… no, it would not make sense, its like trying to heal a shield…. nothing will happen its not a living being, plus we have never seen it IN galaxy of heroes at all so why have it specifically to 1 character
  • Options
    MrJFL wrote: »
    Also the heal protection is just… no, it would not make sense, its like trying to heal a shield…. nothing will happen its not a living being, plus we have never seen it IN galaxy of heroes at all so why have it specifically to 1 character
    EA_Jesse has specifically said characters that CAN heal protection will be added, and you gotta start somewhere
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Gam Guard's taunt gives him 20% Protection.
  • Options
    I really like your thought.
    but I assume st com deals very little damage seeing these skills, right?
  • Options

Medium damage 3500-4000
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ego12Draconis
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Medium damage 3500-4000

So that means each Imperial has a 50% chance to call up to 6k or crit 9k to assist with their attack and furthermore this assist has a 100% chance to call another one (who can call st com again, right?) under special conditions...
    Wow, that's quite... Strong.
    Maybe that's what the empire needs
  • Options
    I don't know that it's OP, the characters stats will determine that. The characters seems a lot like Echo to me though, kinda cool though and better than any other Empire DPS right now.
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Medium damage 3500-4000

So that means each Imperial has a 50% chance to call up to 6k or crit 9k to assist with their attack and furthermore this assist has a 100% chance to call another one (who can call st com again, right?) under special conditions...

Yeah, but he won't call an ally to assist if he's below 50 percent. It strikes fear in the hearts of the players, and that's important. They have to be DESPERATE to take him down, or else his synergy will crush you. The empire doesn't have anybody like that, not right now. It's what they need.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ego12Draconis
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Medium damage 3500-4000

Yeah, but he won't call an ally to assist if he's below 50 percent. It strikes fear in the hearts of the players, and that's important. They have to be DESPERATE to take him down, or else his synergy will crush you. The empire doesn't have anybody like that, not right now. It's what they need.

Well thought, good job with that commander.
  • Options
    I like it! Perhaps a bit OP on damage (and assists aren't an Empire thing), but an Empire healer definitely wouldn't go amiss. Good idea :smile: