what about coin cap and losing coins

masterring
160 posts Member
edited June 2016
Timezone for guild cap Tied to leader
If you log twice during your GUILD DAY coins will be wasted. Have you changed how it works? No guild will be able to generate 30k each day unless all 50 are in the same timeZone.
Change to my Monday contribution goes to Monday guild coins, my tuesday goes to tuesday guild contribution

If i log 10 am Monday And 1am tuesday my 1200 coins goes to Monday guild contribution. 9hr diff from guild leader.

Thread title edited to remove CG.
Post edited by Ouchie on

Replies

• OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Hello,

you can't use CG in the title thread.
    You should try to wait and see how it goes before asking things, i'm sure they thought of it already (Hope so lol).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    eh?
    what are you asking ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    I'm confused. I just do stuff until I see 600/600, then wait for reset and repeat. Hopefully that works out ok.
  • Options
    Daily contribution is tied to your Guild timezone. If you dont see problem here than you need to reread op.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    daily contribution of guild bank coins is NOT tied to guild timezone.
    guild activities are tied to guild timezone, you earn guild currency by doing them.

re-writing is a better option than re-reading ;)
  • Options
    This needs to be addressed ASAP. It's going to really hurt guilds with people in very different timezones. They have to change the coins from going to the guild on log-in (which can vary wildly day to day) to going to the guild on the player's daily reset (which is fixed each day). Legitimate coins are going to be dropped.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    never mind, i just now read the update notes. sorry @masterring
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure it will be an issue.

If the reset is CDT, and you are in UTC +3 (9 hour-ish difference), and you do your 600 on Monday, prior to reset, and then login at 0000 CDT (900 your time), the 600 coins from "yesterday" are counted towards Monday. If you then login at 0200 CDT (1100 your time) have have done your 600 energy for the day, it will count towards Tuesday.

Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

If the reset is CDT, and you are in UTC +3 (9 hour-ish difference), and you do your 600 on Monday, prior to reset, and then login at 0000 CDT (900 your time), the 600 coins from "yesterday" are counted towards Monday. If you then login at 0200 CDT (1100 your time) have have done your 600 energy for the day, it will count towards Tuesday.

The issue is the guild 30k limit is stationary, depending on your guild leader. So an example is an East Coast USA guild leader with a 1am reset time. The 30k window is from 1am EST to 1259am EST.

The issue is not for everyone but for guys in Europe where 1am EST is 7am their local time. Now understand guild coins come in the first time you log in after 1am your local time.... So if this guy in Germany is on weekend he wakes a 8am so his coins go to current guild day. But next day is Monday so he wakes up at 6am... so his coins go to the still going guild day he already gave 600 to. If guild was at 30k already then this 600 is lost.

Many other timezone and login combinations exist.
  • Options

Not sure either. But they capped the daily income for the guild at 30k.
    Currently the guild collects your coins when you login. So what happens when you login the first time of the day at 0:30, the guild collects your coins. You quickly do all your dailys to earn 600 points again. And you login again at 1:30, so the guild collects your coins again. So in 1 hour you collected 1200 coins, if more people would do this you'll end up with more than 30k.

• Options
    Let's say my daily reset is, e.g., 8 hours different than the guild leader, and I first log in for the day at 8pm. My coins will be given to the guild at 8pm. Then I stay up playing until my daily reset at 1am. My next set of coins will be given to the guild at 1am, just 5 hours later. So, according to the guild leader's 24 hour window, I will have given 1200 coins in one window.

My guild has this happen all the time, which makes the weekly contribution from some of our European players appear to be 3600/4200/4800, depending on the week, in our guild management list.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

The issue is the guild 30k limit is stationary, depending on your guild leader. So an example is an East Coast USA guild leader with a 1am reset time. The 30k window is from 1am EST to 1259am EST.

The issue is not for everyone but for guys in Europe where 1am EST is 7am their local time. Now understand guild coins come in the first time you log in after 1am your local time.... So if this guy in Germany is on weekend he wakes a 8am so his coins go to current guild day. But next day is Monday so he wakes up at 6am... so his coins go to the still going guild day he already gave 600 to. If guild was at 30k already then this 600 is lost.

Many other timezone and login combinations exist.

This sums up the problem. In a nutshell, someone logs in late on their day so their coins go in to that day. They do their 600 daily contribution, and log in early the next day, it still may be the same day for the guild leader depending on what timezone he's in, so that second 600 is wasted.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Not sure either. But they capped the daily income for the guild at 30k.
    Currently the guild collects your coins when you login. So what happens when you login the first time of the day at 0:30, the guild collects your coins. You quickly do all your dailys to earn 600 points again. And you login again at 1:30, so the guild collects your coins again. So in 1 hour you collected 1200 coins, if more people would do this you'll end up with more than 30k.

Okay, so your first time to login at 0030 it collects yesterday's currency. You are on until 0100, then you do your 600 energy and force close. You log back in at 0130, and it collects currency again. I can see the issue there, and I read what Jesse said. But does it just apply immediately? Or are they storing it in day buckets? If it is really just a static 24 hours, then that's probably a problem.

However, on the other token, what happens now if you do the same thing, except you only do 200 energy between 0100 and the time you force close. When you log back in does it count those 200 currency and then ignore everything else?
  • LeBobcat
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Why not just change guild leaders everyday once you change leaders the 30k cap is reset and u can go over cap we earned 72k yesterday.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    LeBobcat wrote: »
    we earned 72k yesterday.

O.o
    {RotE}
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why not just change guild leaders everyday once you change leaders the 30k cap is reset and u can go over cap we earned 72k yesterday.

Then you obviously used alts for a start. Changing leaders wouldn't change individual guild coin contribution would it? I was waiting for someone to try and exploit that one and I'm glad you have. It's nice that there are people here doing everything they can to try and break the game to show the devs where they need to improve. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Sarcasm.
  • Options

Then you obviously used alts for a start. Changing leaders wouldn't change individual guild coin contribution would it? I was waiting for someone to try and exploit that one and I'm glad you have. It's nice that there are people here doing everything they can to try and break the game to show the devs where they need to improve. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Sarcasm.

How about they make a game that can't be easily exploited.... If a leader leaves the Guild for any reason they have to appoint another person, so there no way to avoid what you say is cheating... The truth is these loopholes are left in the game intentionally so they can be used by people (certain guilds) who know about them. I just read their instructions in the update they basically spell out how the system works, tied to the current leaders reset time, could they be any more obvious? Is it my fault it's not a set time of the day, I didn't make the system, I'm just using it... If there was a way for me to leave a guild without cheating (changing the bank reset) I would (maybe) but currently any leader who leaves a guild would be cheating I guess. I though cheating involved more than doing a basic and standard function of the game like changing the data or hacking it for rewards... I think this is how the system was intended to be used... Maximize rewards for those who know how it works and everyone else falls behind... They tell u how it works, you yourself said you were thinking of it, so ask yourself wouldn't the people who design the game have thought of it? Yes and they left it in and they even TOLD YOU by spelling out exactly how it works in a update.
  • Options
    Creators of any interactive content can not and will never think of everything!
    Just claiming these things are intended is a big load of bull!
    Does not change the fact that this oversight (i guess its an oversight) works and can be used until developers tell us otherwise!

Thanks for the tip btw :smiley: