Phasma update

Lorenzo
110 posts Member
edited January 2016
Increasingly almost all of the top arena teams include Phasma, usually as leader. As she is starred and geared and teamed with right heroes she is increasingly devestating.

The only exceptions are killer PTP teams and a few non-Phasma FTP teams such as mine. But very few of those are left.

On the current meta, for a FTP player Phasma is basically mandatory.

Edit - though it didn't stop me from hitting rank 1 in arena for the first time. :) but those phasma teams are giving me problems in GW.
Post edited by Lorenzo on

Replies

• Options
    In my server there are 70% sid, 10% lumi, 10% phasma and 10% others approximately.
  • Options
    They only procure an extra attack 2-3 times per battle. Might not even be top 5 leadership ability.
  • Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    In my server there are 70% sid, 10% lumi, 10% phasma and 10% others approximately.

I'd be curious what your server start date was. I started on 12/1 and the server wasn't new at that point; probably active since the hard launch That ratio was probably true on my server a week or two ago,
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    They only procure an extra attack 2-3 times per battle. Might not even be top 5 leadership ability.

That hasn't been my experience. But it's not just her leadership ability. Her other abilities, taken together, are devestating, especially with the right synergy.

Look, there's no doubt that there are better PTP teams. But right now, on my server anyway, the Phasma teams are dominating the top of the arena bracket.
  • Options
    With my phasma team I proc an avg of 4-5 times.
    Daka loves to hit the bonus more than my other non first order toons, I'm thinking it has something to do with potency. But that's just speculation ofc
  • Options
    My server, from hard launch has a mix. You see Sid, Phasma, Qui Gon, Lumi, Assagi, and HK, and even Barris in the top 50. Sometimes it's not the leader....its how you chose to build your team. And I've seen teams with all of those leaders in the top 10 and at number 1. I'm stuck in the 50 to 100 range, mostly because I don't crystal refresh in Arena.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    One thing to note about sid and lumi and phasma............

They are always gonna be most common because they are arguably the best available to farm from GW/arena shipments.

Just tossin that out as its bot that they are nescessarily the best options, just the best of the easy farms
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    One thing to note about sid and lumi and phasma............

They are always gonna be most common because they are arguably the best available to farm from GW/arena shipments.

Just tossin that out as its bot that they are nescessarily the best options, just the best of the easy farms

There's some truth to that. But:

Luminara is one of the very best heroes even setting aside ease of farming.
    The other two are very very good also, albeit not quite at that level.
    FTP players need to be concerned about easy farms, as most of the other elite heroes are PTP only.

Bottom line, as I said, a FTP player is gimping himself without Phasma. at least for now.

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma increases burst damage which is how you kill hero's. Overall having sid might net you a bit more damage, but I'd rather have those double attacks to burst down hero's and also to proc abilities more often.
  • Options
    phasma gives you stay-ability in pvp. You can hold your spot in PVP better with all the extra attack procs from phasma.
  • Options
    Yeah when everyone is almost equal, only RNG can decide the winner.