How would a properly functioning Teebo affect you?

djlott
469 posts Member
edited June 2016
This post is for all that use, and all that battle against the (dare I say it) mighty Teebo. I sort of understand why the devs are taking the position of "we'll take a look at Teebo" approach since he's a F2P toon...but at this point, can anyone argue his extreme value?

So if all the Teebo bugs were fixed, how would it help ir hurt you (if battling against)?

Would it significant affect your Raid dmg? Would you avoid Teebo teams in arena? Would your Arena position be better defended?

And by bugs I mean:

1) Teebo comes out of stealth too early (WAY)
2) Tee lead nullifies Taunt
3) Bring Low doesn't always remove positive enemy buffs, e.g. Dooku lead Offense Up stays on a miss, Savage Opress D & O Up, etc.

Replies

• Options
    If they fix #1 I'll probably be able to solo phase 1 in tier 5 maybe 6
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Who knows? There's too many bugs to imagine what Teebo would actually be like in full effect.
  • Options
    ^ Lol
  • Options
    I already use it to screw over most my shard as lead on offense as my lead. Hate to imagine what would happen if I got it fixed and my team works properly lol. Arena would be chaos. Dodge teams would be trashed. hide teams would be new meta. Leia would be in this team so would Rey of course cause they don't need tank as much to survive as much with this with easy hide.
  • Options
    I already use it to screw over most my shard as lead on offense as my lead. Hate to imagine what would happen if I got it fixed and my team works properly lol. Arena would be chaos. Dodge teams would be trashed. hide teams would be new meta. Leia would be in this team so would Rey of course cause they don't need tank as much to survive as much with this with easy hide.

Keep dreaming buddy I'll keep stomping teebo leads with no problem bug fixes or not.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »

Keep dreaming buddy I'll keep stomping teebo leads with no problem bug fixes or not.
    Now it was serious…unit900000 created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat.
    Post edited by Phlebotomy_Jones on
  • Options
    I could actually compete in the raids. Maybe I could get a price of raid gear. There would not have been such a call for GW to be fixed. The Ariana meta would change and become more diverse. All of my hard work would be worth it. It's the reason I do t spend money. Thanks devs you have saved my bank account with your inability to finish what you started. Was going to buy crystals and gear to lvl teebo up but I won't with him being so messed up.
  • Options
    How does a T-Bone lead nullify taunt?
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Try it for yourself. You'll see it immediately.

Teebo grants 55% chance to stealth any toon at the beginning of their turn. Any toon in taunt mode (that triggers the stealth) immediately loses taunt in favor of stealth. So imagine you just triggered ST Han taunt, or that RG just saved another toon's bacon by initiating taunt. Then that toon, on their next turn, goes into stealth and the taunt is lost. All of a sudden, enemy Rey, QGJ and Daka are raining heII on your best toon and you're sitting there saying "Double U, Tee Eff, just happened"!?! (Sorry filter)

That's pretty much how.
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »

Teebo grants 55% chance to stealth any toon at the beginning of their turn. Any toon in taunt mode (that triggers the stealth) immediately loses taunt in favor of stealth. So imagine you just triggered ST Han taunt, or that RG just saved another toon's bacon by initiating taunt. Then that toon, on their next turn, goes into stealth and the taunt is lost. All of a sudden, enemy Rey, QGJ and Daka are raining heII on your best toon and you're sitting there saying "Double U, Tee Eff, just happened"!?! (Sorry filter)

That's pretty much how.

Alritey. Never really noticed. Have a hard enough time keeping track of who is stealthed and who is stunned when I run my stun team. I'll pay attention to it when next I battle the wee furball.

• Options
    #1 Would make it even easier to get silly p1 scores - Averaged 1.5mill since I got Teebo and Elder ready. So would be nice, but he is already nuts on the brøken version. I hope they're willing to fix it without altering how he breaks raids, but a Teebo with 3turns guaranteed in stealth puts some serious design limitations on future raids.

#2 You call it a bug, could also be working as intended. Stealth>taunt is not an uncommon design choice.

#3 His dispel works (I havnt seen it bug for a very long time atleast). Your two examples is because you dont missed the timing changes.
    Now:
    Dooku lead: He dispels, but because its a dodge the offense up gets reapplied.
    Savage: He dispels (same as Qui-G), but then the buffs get reapplied.

They changed the order for what triggers first a while back, now dispels happen before damage/hit - Most noticeable with retribution, earlier you would dispel and get counterattacked, but now you dont.
  • Options
    The stealth ending early (even when not leading) is the single biggest problem and would make a huge difference to my raiding.

Stealth overriding taunt is another annoyance but a design flaw rather than a bug. In any case it should be changed so taunt can never be removed by stealth because otherwise what's the point?
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    On the flip side, if a character is in stealth, and then taunts, isn't it true that the taunt is successfully effective even though the character remains in stealth?
  • Options
    Keyper wrote: »
    On the flip side, if a character is in stealth, and then taunts, isn't it true that the taunt is successfully effective even though the character remains in stealth?

No the stealth icon disappears but the character still has the stealth appearance.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »

That's pretty much how.

Its not a bug. How can any hero be still taunting once he disappears?

The only bug is #1 - Teebo can leave stealth too early if his leadership procs while he is still stealthed.

But even with this bug he is top raid leader. With proper team he can easily solo T6 p1 and score well over 2M in T6 p2 and p3. He can also solo T7 p1 with some luck. Im pretty sure that perfect Teebo team (Teebo, Elder, Scout, QGJ, Phasma) could solo the whole T5 raid.

As for arena, I doubt Teebo would ever be usefull leader, even if his leadership bug were fixed. Its fun team to play, but you cant relly on stealth. Most of the current meta teams would have no issues with destroying any team lead by Teebo.
  • Options
    He also sometimes looked stealthed but isn't.
    I've learned to look for the icon and not the actual stealth. That's after I kept wondering why I got no tm reduction and no resist.
  • Gundam_Raizer
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was speaking about offense not defense really. On offense with teebo lead it wrecks all.