Snowtrooper buffs

Batman44gaming
1826 posts Member
edited June 2016
Basic:add 50 percent more damage to targets with ability block

Special:add evasion down on crit(cannot be evaded)

Unique:50 percent chance to gain offense up when an enemy is defeated, 25 percent for empire allies

This is stuff that should happen to make him better overall
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    This honestly seems in line with the design a character would get if they were released today. Lots of the original characters have very underwhelming kits, Snowtrooper included. None of this sounds over powered either, good post.
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I could see some of this being a good idea, but probably all of it would be too much.

Snow's current offense-up buff is pretty much useless, given that he almost never gets it until the end of the match, and sometimes not even then; at this point, the match has usually already been decided, and his offense-up doesn't really impact anything. I think anyone who has used Snow consistently would agree with this; this isn't a new complaint or anything.

I don't see Snow getting evaded a lot, and I think the devs are doing a good job working towards dealing with the dodge issues, so I don't necessarily see Snowtrooper needing an anti-evasion de-buff, though I would certainly take it.

However, I would definitely recommend either the increased damage to targets with ability block or a chance for other Empire chars to gain offense-up whenever an enemy is defeated as a replacement for his currently useless offense-up ability. Either of these seem fair in my opinion.

My personal preference would be for the increased damage against opponents with ability-block overall for Snowtrooper (to replace his currently useless offense-up ability), and then for Emperor Palpatine to be released with an offense-up ability and maybe a stun, providing Empire squads with the two things they need most: more offense, and a second stun. But, I suppose the devs can decide what they think works best, so at best I simply hope that they consider all of these ideas and test things out to see what they think works best to give a fairer, more balanced experience.
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I like the +damage vs ability blocked opponents too, here's another take.

Basic: 50% ability block for 2 turns, 25% ability block to an additional enemy.
    Special: physical damage to all enemies, +50% damage to enemies afflicted with ability block, 25% chance to add 1 turn to existing ability block duration.
    Unique: Empire allies gain offense up for 1 turn when an enemy is defeated and snow trooper has a 50% chance of refreshing cooldown.
  • Options
    I like all of these.
  • Options
    I like all of these.

Agreed. He just needs tweaking, not a full re-work.
  • Options
    I like the extra damage vs ability blocked opponents. Works well with Vader too. +1
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I hate to the guy who says not to buff someone, but I run a level eighty, seven star, gear nine Snowtrooper and he is awesome as is. His damage output is amazing, especially considering his health pool, he literally has the second most damaging AoE, and his ability block is pretty reliable with the amount of potency he has.

Put Vader as leader and he dishes out 6k crits with his basic and his AoE becomes the most damaging in the game. After Vader does his AoE that will weaken and the put 2-3 dots on everyone, Snow trooper follows up with his AoE and weakens if not kills low health characters, and the ones that do survive tend to die from dot damage on their turns.

I would much rather see Tarkin completely reworked or given enough potency to actually hit with his debuffs, Magma Trooper is a joke since you can resist turn meter reduction and splitting damage between two targets is rarely useful and tends to hit targets you wouldn't want to. General Veers is labeled as support but only buffs himself with speed up and his AoE ability block is unreliable. Let's work on these three before messing with the other Empire characters.

• Options
    Wasn't snowtrooper a toon made difficult to farm right from the start of the game! Why is he then underperforming?!

I don't know. He does decent damage and has decent health and a decent kit, he's all around average. Not terrible, but not outstanding.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    I hate to the guy who says not to buff someone, but I run a level eighty, seven star, gear nine Snowtrooper and he is awesome as is. His damage output is amazing, especially considering his health pool, he literally has the second most damaging AoE, and his ability block is pretty reliable with the amount of potency he has.

Put Vader as leader and he dishes out 6k crits with his basic and his AoE becomes the most damaging in the game. After Vader does his AoE that will weaken and the put 2-3 dots on everyone, Snow trooper follows up with his AoE and weakens if not kills low health characters, and the ones that do survive tend to die from dot damage on their turns.

I would much rather see Tarkin completely reworked or given enough potency to actually hit with his debuffs, Magma Trooper is a joke since you can resist turn meter reduction and splitting damage between two targets is rarely useful and tends to hit targets you wouldn't want to. General Veers is labeled as support but only buffs himself with speed up and his AoE ability block is unreliable. Let's work on these three before messing with the other Empire characters.

Tarkin only needs potency(which will be fixed with mods) Veers needs better stats in general and magma trooper gains 80 percent potency at gear 10(also remedied with mods). Veers needs the rework most, but snowtrooper could use one, just not as urgently.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wasn't aware Magma Trooper gained so much potency at gear 10, and Tarkin can easily be fixed with mods I just think that a character shouldn't need mods to be viable, mods should make them better than viable.

Veers should be reworked first though, he's my favorite Imperial Officer and I was thrilled when I downloaded the app and saw he was in the game. I farmed him, got him decently leveled and geared and then realized he's not arena material, I do however enjoy using him in galactic war.

• Options
    War wrote: »
    I wasn't aware Magma Trooper gained so much potency at gear 10, and Tarkin can easily be fixed with mods I just think that a character shouldn't need mods to be viable, mods should make them better than viable.

Veers should be reworked first though, he's my favorite Imperial Officer and I was thrilled when I downloaded the app and saw he was in the game. I farmed him, got him decently leveled and geared and then realized he's not arena material, I do however enjoy using him in galactic war.

@Aero has a maxed one. Regularly hits at about 4K non-crit
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on