ST-Han should be a scoundrel

Psi
50 posts Member
edited June 2016
When he rescued Princess Leia dressed as a storm-trooper he was definitely NOT part of the rebellion yet.

ST-Han is a scoundrel!

ST-Han should be a scoundrel 103 votes

He's a scoundrel!
91%
Zombie8mylunchFightonJ7000NarmacilRaverRicBoro_Smooth1SRQStarSonMBL_66dano7591HBOMBCOKFISTReyalpScorpion1980Wildcats1203BrobiWanKenobiFoojJaceousprimeTomekKeeka1ArarisValerian 94 votes
He's not a scoundrel (aka- didn't watch the movie)
8%
CronozNLbenacrowTheShadow1983DeadHeadAndyToukaileefFearbeardRowdyICawbattles 9 votes

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I love how you answer the question if I watched the movie or not :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    If I am not wrong, st han has both scoundrel and rebel synergies?!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    From the Empire's point of view, Han was working with the rebels and is thus a rebel himself. And we all know, death to the rebel scum.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    MaxiPriest wrote: »
    If I am not wrong, st han has both scoundrel and rebel synergies?!

Agreed. I knew I wasn't the only smart person ever. lol
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    The other Han Solo in the game is both a SCOUNDREL and a REBEL. As is Lando!
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    Agree completely and it would be a very positive, easy change to make that could offset a couple big messes going on right now. A lot more people could be ready for scoundrel event sooner.
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    Toukai wrote: »
    From the Empire's point of view, Han was working with the rebels and is thus a rebel himself. And we all know, death to the rebel scum.
    Han wasn't officially a rebel until ESB.
    For the purposes of the game he can (and should) be a rebel and a scoundrel (look at Lando).
  • Options
    well.... he has storm troop outfit... where he's helping the rebels at that particular moment = rebel.
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Han wasn't officially a rebel until RotJ.
    For the purposes of the game he can (and should) be a rebel and a scoundrel (look at Lando).

Better recheck your argument. In the empire strikes back he is at the Hoth base giving direct orders to troopers and is called commander solo by one of the generals before he tried to leave the first time.

• Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    Kalcor wrote: »

Better recheck your argument. In the empire strikes back he is at the Hoth base giving direct orders to troopers and is called commander solo by one of the generals before he tried to leave the first time.

Ugh, you're quite right, I meant ESB.

In any case, this was well after he very briefly wore a stormtrooper outfit.
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    The only reason we want him to be a scoundrel (other than the fact he should have been one all along) is that it now affects the upcoming event. We need one more scoundrel and Dengar won't be ready until end of the month.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    What about IG-88 ? Is he scoundrel who looks like droid ?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@DjangoQuik
    I stand by my statement :)
  • Options
    Han is a dirty nerf herder, thus he must be a scoundrel
    Han bedded a rebel, so he must be a rebel
    Han's rebel became a resistance, so he must be a resistance
    Han's off-spring became first order, so he must be first order
    Han's Father in law is empire, so he must be empire
    Han is a human, so he must be human
    Han handled a light saber, he must be Jedi
    Han's Best Friend a wookie, he must have gone ewok
    Han survived carbonation, he must be droid
    Han survived snowstorms, he must be a storm trooper
    Han whacked boba and greedo out of the way, he must be a scoundrel
    Han says that he knows, he must be Yoda
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!

@DjangoQuik

What does the empire PoV have to do with this? It's the game's point of view that matters. And I stand by my previous statement that he can be both a rebel and scoundrel, just like Lando is.
  • Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    The only reason we want him to be a scoundrel (other than the fact he should have been one all along) is that it now affects the upcoming event. We need one more scoundrel and Dengar won't be ready until end of the month.

No, that's not the reason, this is the reason...Han Solo in ST gear from ANH

"It is for me, sister. Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money. "

Clearly a scoundrel...Lore wise IG-88 is also clearly a scoundrel. Its not just ST Han and IG-88 though, they need to do more with classifications and redo a few to make better sense. Another example will be when R2 is released and will be a droid and thus have a synergy with Poggle. That makes 0 sense. I think all toons should have 2 classifications. So in this case I would make Poggle a Geo/Separatist and R2 a Droid/Rebel. Then B2 Battle Droid would be a Droid/Separatist. Poggles leadership would then go to Geos and Separatists and not Droids eliminating that synergy with R2 and 86/88/47 whom he shouldn't be synergized with.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@DjangoQuik

What does the empire PoV have to do with this? It's the game's point of view that matters. And I stand by my previous statement that he can be both a rebel and scoundrel, just like Lando is.

@DjangoQuik
    Nothing at all. Which is what you are about to become.

Honestly, I am just messing with you. None of the tags are lore tags. They are just synergy tags. I personally couldn't care less if he was both a scoundrel and a rebel, or one or the other. Devs chose to make him have rebel synergy, so, there it is.
  • Options
    Biased poll is biased.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    STHan is a scoundrel. By the time he's a rebel, he's already out of the ST gear. If he can only have one synergy, it should be scoundrel.
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    i agree, if lando can be a scoundrel and a rebel at the same time, then st han should be the same thing, he was in ANH where he wore the st outfit, only after money and getting paid, thus scoundrel.
  • Options
    Please learn how to post unbiased polls. You sir, are the real scoundrel here.
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    If ST Han is not a scoundrel then Lando is a used carpet salesman.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    Han was a scoundrel right up until the moment he decided to backtrack and saved Luke from Vader
  • Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Han was a scoundrel right up until the moment he decided to backtrack and saved Luke from Vader
    @MBL_66 - is this the loadz blower?

• Options
    MaxiPriest wrote: »
    Han is a dirty nerf herder, thus he must be a scoundrel
    Han bedded a rebel, so he must be a rebel
    Han's rebel became a resistance, so he must be a resistance
    Han's off-spring became first order, so he must be first order
    Han's Father in law is empire, so he must be empire
    Han is a human, so he must be human
    Han handled a light saber, he must be Jedi
    Han's Best Friend a wookie, he must have gone ewok
    Han survived carbonation, he must be droid
    Han survived snowstorms, he must be a storm trooper
    Han whacked boba and greedo out of the way, he must be a scoundrel
    Han says that he knows, he must be Yoda

That's funny! :D
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    He's a scoundrel!
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    @MBL_66 - is this the loadz blower?

Haha yea, Jesse said he got a bunch of complaints and made me change my name
  • Options
    Here's the thing. Does it make sense, in terms of lore, for STHan to be a scoundrel? Sure. But, it DOESN'T make sense for the game to have multiple variations of characters and have them all share the same qualifiers. Han Solo is a scoundrel. It represents him as a rogue character who does lots of jobs for his own benefit. STHan is a rebel. The ST costume represents a specific instance where he was working with the rebels, for the rebels, and although he claimed to be in it only for money, we all know that wasn't strictly true. Similarly, Jedi Knight Anakin isn't Sith. He isn't even Dark Side, even though we know he used his anger and the Dark side of the force while he was still a Jedi Knight. Gasp! And he was the kind of guy who bent the rules to suit his purpose, which sounds very scoundrel-like!

tl;dr
    Jedi Knight Anakin should be a scoundrel because the word could be applied to him in some context.
  • ORyan25
    30 posts Member
    Options
    HK-47 was quite a scoundrel in KOTOR series. lol. Also, Gamorreans are always up to no good, so they are pretty much the definition of scoundrels.