5 "tanks" in pvp

Would it work? Ben (L), RG, 5's, Sun Fac, Bariss? Something like that?

Note: some aren't officially tanks but have tremendous amount of life

Replies

• Manowar
    288 posts Member
    Options
    That team makeup always been a curiosity of mine. I would imagine that offense would be impossibly hard, but on the defense side you may be able to time out your opponents. Perhaps with three taunting tanks and two damage dealers you could strike a more versatile (though still lopsided) balance.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think if everybody is max gear it could work on defense only, so put it in overnight. Daka would be better than Barriss though because of the stun and chance of rez. Could get matches to timeout that way.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo (L) w/basic omega, Mace, RG, 5s, and the Big Pig. You have offense and defense, debuffs, and dots. It would be fun to try it.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like you would need two tanky healers so they can't just burn down the one healer.
  • Guni
    30 posts Member
    Options
    You may have trouble on offense. Players attacking would likely be able to auto attack your team and still have time to spare. Good idea, but no way it could work in my opinion.
  • bluenqm
    172 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't have any damage dealer, it is an easy fight for everyone.
    My suggestion is that you hide some damage dealers behind your tanks.
    For example: Teebo (L), Old Daka, Fives/Chew/Poe/Han, RG, Leia/Rey.
  • Options
    Nope. You'd run out of timer cause you can't deal any damage
  • Options
    That's the point of this squad, to delay the game. It's a defense only squad.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    88 L Vader/5's/RG/100 or FOST or kit or another high hp counterstriker.
    Dots on crits + counters = death to speed teams in defense.
  • Options
    I imagine this is a good way to stay #1 actually
  • Options
    Won't work. And definitely won't stay #1. Tried it, no use.
    People in the top 20 are too good.

HOWEVER, during Payout Time, you need a strong defensive team that can't be killed in less than 2 minutes, so you have a higher change to lock out your opponent, and stay #1 as time expire.

In that case, that team is a nice suggestion.
    Iris
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    It's a good idea on paper. In reality, you WILL get crushed by any meta team. They usually have 2 dps that can easily focus down a tank in 1 min.
    This strategy could have worked before the speed of battles were increased, but now, you'll simply last 1 or 2 more minutes with no chance to win.

The best defense strategy atm is running a RNG-heavy squad and praying. Phasma-led or Dodge teams are probably the best to do so.
  • Fury77
    252 posts Member
    Options
    That's why meta is currently dodge lead, dooku or Ben, 1-2 tanks, RG and han, and dps, rey rey, rey, rey and then qgj.