What should the next patch contain?

papnwors
749 posts Member
edited June 2016
Simple poll, what would you like to see next?

What should the next patch contain? 103 votes

A massive amount of bug fixes
68%
scubadarksideclhsHBOMBCOKFISTbenacrowTheShadow1983unit900000Mofojokers1992Romao33ElSoldado_23SmithieSalgado9QuicksilverEricsonXPsychoticRage924papnworsYarzahnDarthCranxNaugrinKingOfLosing 71 votes
Yet another untested PTP toon
6%
PaulNortikka_aikarajuuSikhoBluestarDimesandPenniesRadonisMcFly 7 votes
More broken content
24%
Stav_Koobur2steve2HendijuAl_TizFatzkeStefchouThewhiteonEHan_Brolo81IsThisThomBlueDemonJensxnDarth_cowboyGravytrain0815VinniarthSnake2TheFossilManleefTrevoutRiperJakkal 25 votes

Replies

• Options
    I have a hunch bug fixes is the right answer here...
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I have a hunch bug fixes is the right answer here...

Lol, we have a winner!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not saying your poll is biased but it's a little too descriptive
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I'm not saying your poll is biased but it's a little too descriptive

Only attempting to be as accurate as possible.
  • Options
    They need to fix all their trash before releasing ANYTHING new!
  • Options
    Im sure it will result in massive complaning regardless of content ;)
  • Options
    Your poll is ****, just saying
  • Options
    I like this poll.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Where's the lvl cap increase option?
  • Options
    More broken content
    Then stop playing the game if you hate it. my mother taught me at a young age if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything. Giving constructive feedback is nice complaint is not.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Should have > bug fixes.
    Will have > more broken stuff.

But hey with a new pay charater with an unavoidable attack maybe the dodge of unavoidable attacks granting tm/ou will get fixed.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!
  • Options
    nicotine
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Then stop playing the game if you hate it. my mother taught me at a young age if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything. Giving constructive feedback is nice complaint is not.
    A poll asking what players want next is constructive feedback.
    Every PTP toon has been bugged in recent memory.
    Every new content has had glaring flaws.
    Would you like those fixed or not?
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I suggest that you buy a dictionary and look up the word 'constructive' :)

You managed to cram an impressive amount of hyperbole into 6lines of text though, hats of.

/some of your points are fair, but your inability to present them in a useful mannor is not helping your case or enabling anything constructive to come out of this post.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    I suggest that you buy a dictionary and look up the word 'constructive' :)

You managed to cram an impressive amount of hyperbole into 6lines of text though, hats of.

/some of your points are fair, but your inability to present them in a useful mannor is not helping your case or enabling anything constructive to come out of this post.

I was typing while stopped a red light so please forgive me for not using the queens English to your standards and writing a 10 paragraph essay on how to fix the game.

How much more useful would you like me to make the post? This is not anything new. Anyone who has spent time on the forums knows the problems, no need to reiterate every problem in the game.

PS it's manner, not mannor :)
  • Options
    It seriously irritates me that people seem to think that bugs and content are an either or situation.

There are separate teams for fixing bugs and creating new content. Both are done at the same time - it is not a trade off between getting bug fixes or content updates and you can't just take devs off of content creation to work on bugs - that is not how game development works.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    It seriously irritates me that people seem to think that bugs and content are an either or situation.

There are separate teams for fixing bugs and creating new content. Both are done at the same time - it is not a trade off between getting bug fixes or content updates and you can't just take devs off of content creation to work on bugs - that is not how game development works.
    Game development usually is always understaffed ... that is, how game development (does not) work(s) ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »

Game development usually is always understaffed ... that is, how game development (does not) work(s) ...

That doesn't mean you can just move specific staff onto different disciplines to cover some other area they are suited to.
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    Options
    C'mon.....poll's are made for seeing the opinion on dubious matters or getting a statistic overview of future possible ways. The options you put in there wasn't really options...so this poll is only for voting in one viable option or trolling about the other 2.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options

That doesn't mean you can just move specific staff onto different disciplines to cover some other area they are suited to.
    In case of competent developers, it is possible.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

CG are a mobile games developer - it is more a question of available resources than competence. Granted this game has it's problems but it's a heck of a lot more polished and less buggy than most of other top tier mobile games that have come out in the past 7 months. They are working on bugs with every update but they need to continue to put out new content because ultimately content makes money, not bug fixes. Remember they are a business just as much as they are providers of your entertainment - without the business side they can not entertain you.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options

CG are a mobile games developer - it is more a question of available resources than competence. Granted this game has it's problems but it's a heck of a lot more polished and less buggy than most of other top tier mobile games that have come out in the past 7 months. They are working on bugs with every update but they need to continue to put out new content because ultimately content makes money, not bug fixes. Remember they are a business just as much as they are providers of your entertainment - without the business side they can not entertain you.
    The speed of development (how fast bugs get fixed, how fast new content comes out) is a question of available resources, how buggy a game is, is a question of competence (quality management, what seems to not exist for mobile games).
    Sure, bug fixes wont make ppl throw directly money at the game, as new content does, but you know, bugs lead ppl to throw less money or even leave the game at all and no new content will bring them back.
    Its a shame, that quality of games go down in general, after all, its a product like everything else. no one buys a car that stop every 5 meters, but too many ppl pay for games, which crash all 5 mins ....
    Left by design.
  • Options
    The speed of development (how fast bugs get fixed, how fast new content comes out) is a question of available resources, how buggy a game is, is a question of competence (quality management, what seems to not exist for mobile games).
    QA is a resource and generally with mobile games is incredibly under-resourced.
    Sure, bug fixes wont make ppl throw directly money at the game, as new content does, but you know, bugs lead ppl to throw less money or even leave the game at all and no new content will bring them back.
    Its a shame, that quality of games go down in general, after all, its a product like everything else. no one buys a car that stop every 5 meters, but too many ppl pay for games, which crash all 5 mins ....
    Only really major bugs cause drops in revenue. If the game crashed every 5 minutes, that'd be a major problem and would be fixed ASAP even if it did require taking resources from somewhere else. The stuff that gets complained about mostly on the forums is the equivalent of the car window not opening or the indicator making an annoying noise.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It matters not how much money they make from new content if it lands up annoying players and breaks the game so fundamentally that people feel cheated out of their cash and time.

One huge patch should be put forward that fixes reported bugs which have plagued this game since release.
    There are bugs that have been ignored for 6 months!

Teebo so alsmot essential for raids and has been reported to have broken mechanics for weeks and weeks, nothing has been done to fix this as yet. Many people have invested time and money to max teebo and yet they have invested in a toon that doesn't work as advertised. Is that fair?
    Should they rather release another $200/$300 toon or fix the toons we've already put time and money into?

As people have stated above it is different teams that fix bugs and develop new content/toons.

So why can the bug team not put their heads down and release one patch a month that fixes a mass of problems? It makes no sense that reported bugs are often ignored unless they directly affect income.

Often in the patches there are maybe 1 or 2 major bug fixes, it's just not good enough. Stop new content for 6/8 weeks and fix the game.

What's the point of building on a broken foundation?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    More broken content
    i want more broken content, if no new broken content is added they need to break the current content. I dont even know why there are other options to vote on in this poll. option 1 makes zero sence, and option 2 is included in option 3.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i want more broken content, if no new broken content is added they need to break the current content. I dont even know why there are other options to vote on in this poll. option 1 makes zero sence, and option 2 is included in option 3.

You got your wish with the latest guild reward fiasco, so it seems they are listening :)