Should Raids reward Crystals?

Just thinking out loud and probably would be terribly inbalanced because of people exploiting guild systems etc.

But I just thought for people who are F2P or mainly F2P (I have spent maybe £20 on my main) you have to focus on one team on older shards.

So if I focus on my arena team my raid team falls behind, and vice versa.

I have been focusing on my Raid team recently and my arena team is dropping quicker and quicker, which results in me getting less crystals because I have to focus my resources and energy to other squads.

Thought a small crystal bonus for the raid may make sense, so you can focus on your raid team whilst still having the same amount of crystals flowing through.

It isn't feasible to concentrate on both teams.

Just an idea..... probably a terrible one, but worth putting out there.

Replies

• Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A lil crystal bonus would definitely not hurt, showing some reward to those who had performed well.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Only if every participating guildmember gets the exact same amount of crystals.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

+1
  • Options
    Some crystals would be nice, especially since there are so many more crystal requirements since the update
  • Options
    Yeah I would imagine they would work on Tier levels and I am talking miniscule bonuses (in the grander scheme of things)

100 for tier 5
    150 for Tier 6
    200 for Tier 7
    250 for Heroic

Doesn't seem unreasonable....

Evens out what I am losing and im sure others are from not being able to concentrate all their time on their arena teams
  • Options
    Nice! I like this idea :)
  • Options
    Meh, not a huge fan of this and I'm mostly f2p. The flow of free crystals in this game is pretty generous and making it even more generous would really hurt revenues and in turn the game's development.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    What about a new raid with crystals and credits as a reward, no gear. Then the guild can decide which one to do and alternate back and forth?
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Meh, not a huge fan of this and I'm mostly f2p. The flow of free crystals in this game is pretty generous and making it even more generous would really hurt revenues and in turn the game's development.

I know you are probably on an old shard, but I can't be competitive on every level with this amount of crystals..... if I focused on my arena team I would finish top 20 but because I need to focus on my raid team I am finishing 51-100.

Feel like the balance would be better, I am not talking huge bonuses

• Options
    No , not until they fix ALL exploits
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options

lol, what a trolling reply

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    I can't be competitive on every level with this amount of crystals..... if I focused on my arena team I would finish top 20 but because I need to focus on my raid team I am finishing 51-100

You need about 2 non-pvp toons (Teebo & Elder) to rank well in raids --- Running Teebo(l), Qui-G, Phasma, Elder + whatever (GS, Rey, E. Scout, Rex, Chirpa) will put you well over 1m damage in p1.

Having to make choices and priorities, and dealing with the consequences of those choices, is not a bad thing (in my opinion anyway).
  • Options
    With more Raids added in the future, there could be one Raid rewarding Crystals but less other currency/mats, and another rewarding much more Gear Material and Currency but no Crystals.
  • Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    I can't be competitive on every level with this amount of crystals..... if I focused on my arena team I would finish top 20 but because I need to focus on my raid team I am finishing 51-100

You need about 2 non-pvp toons (Teebo & Elder) to rank well in raids --- Running Teebo(l), Qui-G, Phasma, Elder + whatever (GS, Rey, E. Scout, Rex, Chirpa) will put you well over 1m damage in p1.

Having to make choices and priorities, and dealing with the consequences of those choices, is not a bad thing (in my opinion anyway).

Before the raid how was I to know this though?

I focused on Droids for Arena, ranking Elder is a pain, teebo I am getting there!

Unless you have maxed QGJ/Phasma you will struggle which was the situation I was in
  • Options
    Practically EA/CG is giving away 153 crystal away daily for free to those who are in top 200, dailies done, galactice war done and all.. Maybe a little crystal wouldnt hurt, i'm suggesting

Tier 1 = 20
    Tier 2 = 30
    Tier 3 = 40
    Tier 5 = 50
    Tier 6 = 75
    Tier 7 = 100

If EA/CG give more than 100 it is unreasonable..
  • Options
    I agree with the above......

But then you need to refresh cantina every day and at least one energy refresh to even stay competitive.

So essentially those 153 "free" crystals are blown straight away on the stuff I have mentioned above.

You gain that little extra through ranking higher on PVP.

Thinking your suggestion on the crystals makes more sense though
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »

lol, what a trolling reply

Not trolling at all. As was mentioned above, it's very easy for most active players to reach top 200 arena and then you're already getting $2 worth of crystals every day so long as you're doing your dailies. That's $60 every month!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options

I agree with this. Now, I wouldn't be upset if they gave crystals, but it's not needed. If they do, I'd suggest simply earning a set amount of crystals the first time a guild finishes a tier level. There would be some who jump guilds frequently to take advantage of this though. Maybe they could break it down similar to arena rankings but for guilds. So on a weekly basis, everyone in a guild is rewarded an amount of crystals based on where their guild is ranked. But honestly, I think anything along those lines would result in more complaints from the players than it would in "Hey, thanks for some MORE FREE crystals".
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Haha +1