We really need longer raids

SithAuno
39 posts Member
edited June 2016
So, I came to the poin, where there isnt any incentive to level characters. My fuild restricted raid attacks to one, to let every one fet in. So, now that I have a bunch of gigh level toons, can complete every challenge and I have a maxed roster for arena, what is the point to level more characters?.

I am not even a big expender and I am in this position, so I really think we need something to use our large roosters.

Are you in the same situation?. What do you think?

Replies

• djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Not in the same position. Honestly the guilds that have THAT kind of structure are just too much. We have structure but give me a break with the whole "We started a raid but no one is allowed to start, then by lottery, you will be selected to start your run but you can only do 1 attack". Ugh, find a new guild mate. I already have a job that I go to every day. I don't need that in my game time.
  • Options
    My agree, Meesa do

Mooee mooee Roosters, Meesa say

/giggle

But seriously, not a bad plan. Heroic 2, and a new Raid are imminent, I'm sure
  • masters
    233 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    Not in the same position. Honestly the guilds that have THAT kind of structure are just too much. We have structure but give me a break with the whole "We started a raid but no one is allowed to start, then by lottery, you will be selected to start your run but you can only do 1 attack". Ugh, find a new guild mate. I already have a job that I go to every day. I don't need that in my game time.

I agree. Maybe these types of complainers need something productive in their life to get away from this game. I don't need a galaxy of chores in my life.
  • Homish
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Live a bit, waste some damage.
    We let eveyone go in phase 2 and again in phase 3 and it only wastes about 8 mill
  • Options
    As it is in our guild everyone gets an attack in phase 1-3 we hold off on 4 to allow everyone to get a hit in, and then it's a free for all. Longer would be nice but I am happy where we are at, it's a group effort!
  • Options
    For guilds that do two attacks, one initial and a zerg. It comes down to perfecting two specialized teams to do max damage. Which I actually enjoy. I can poor my resources (and love) into ten characters to maximize their output. Only needing ten characters to be the best is also good for ftp and dolphins because we don't have giant rosters of 40+ 7* toons. So this evens it out for everybody.

Now, as far as taking advantage of large rosters. I think this is accomplished with all the events that are coming out. Large rosters have the advantage in that they are ready for such events and not behind the curve.
  • Dred
    19 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »

Guilds have that structure because 10 ppl can clear heroic in a top 100 guild
  • Options
    Agreed.

Thinking about it, all they need to do is make the Heroic tier twice as long i.e. double the health but not the power of the raid bosses and give us a single refresh instead of none. This will fix both the zerg complaints and the Raid Hopping complaints to a certain extent. Sure, the real elite guilds will still likely be able to finish it in a single go, but it adds a threshold.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Yes! I would love to use my large rooster too! He just sits there clucking all day...
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There are so many "large rooster" jokes to be made here but none that won't put me behind bars so I'll refrain.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    For guilds that do two attacks, one initial and a zerg. It comes down to perfecting two specialized teams to do max damage. Which I actually enjoy. I can poor my resources (and love) into ten characters to maximize their output. Only needing ten characters to be the best is also good for ftp and dolphins because we don't have giant rosters of 40+ 7* toons. So this evens it out for everybody.

Now, as far as taking advantage of large rosters. I think this is accomplished with all the events that are coming out. Large rosters have the advantage in that they are ready for such events and not behind the curve.
    This!

I made 1 run today got 310 k got ranked 6 then did a zerg run got a total of 330 k and droped to 9

But if i didn t do my zerg i would have been snipped down to 20 s
  • Options
    One attack is all I need in phase 1
  • Options
    This raid was suppose to utilize your whole roster. Bigger the roster, better the outcome but a Big fail instead in that regard. Better luck next time, devs.
  • Options
    I am in a day one guild. We have full spectrum of members and have half of phase four heroic cleared with one battle each. Heroic is way too easy and no, I don't want any to quit an original guild with many remaining original members because the top raid is a joke.