Best strategy on how and when to spend money!

SinnerG
16 posts Member
Every time I think "it's time to put $100 in"(happens once every 2-3 days) I follow this simple strategy and determine if I should or not.
I take my arena team (Royal Guard/Rey/QGJ/ Phasma/ Poe Dameron ) and I fight the nearest Obi Wan Kenobi / Storm trooper Han team. (Typically top 5-20 depending on time of day)
Now here's the tricky part. You have to Royal Guard stun the Stormtrooper Han. Once this happens your entire team attacks him. If he dodges less than two times while stunned, put $100 on my Amex card. If the Han dodges two times or more, don't spend any money.

To this day my account is free-to-play.

Replies

• Options
    Lmao. Sound advice. I just checked, and your credit score is over 800.
  • Options
    The best time to spend money on this game is never.

I don't always do the best things.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    This is only slightly more reliable, but you can also look outside. If the sky is burning with apocalyptic fire and a comet strikes exactly 3 meters (no more, no less) from your house, today is a good day to spend money on a mobile app.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    While this is funny in post form, it's not in-game. In fact, dodge/rng ****, is ruining the game as a whole. I'm not sure how much longer the game will survive as a "dodge makes up for cheap ai" format. It's why I stopped putting a single penny into the drivel.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh op! This was a very funny read. :-D
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lol, good one. I promise I don't believe in AI advantage except for Han. I think one of the coders has a secret fetish for Han. He can't be stopped. I keep trying to kill him, but the game keeps on teaching me the hard way. Qgj and prayer works best. Or ur own han. Do not try to hit han under obi lead, ever..... ever.. never never ever. If his qgj doesn't pull him on an assist and get him to taunt right off, just take that as a blessing and hit someone else. Anyone else.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Great strategy :D
  • Options
    Find a game you like, check if there is any ROI for your money and if YOU can afford it, then it's time to throw your money away. ;) If it happens to be this game i'm not here to judge, just spend away!
  • Options
    This game won't be worth spending money on until someone else buys it out and takes over. Aka never.
  • Options
    Find a game you like, check if there is any ROI for your money and if YOU can afford it, then it's time to throw your money away. ;) If it happens to be this game i'm not here to judge, just spend away!

What possible roi is available in a mobile game. Your monetary investment loses 100% of its value the second you buy digital content in any game. Do you even understand the concept of investing? Just asking
  • Options
    Hahahaa great
  • Options
    Lol. It always amazes me that some people are intelligent enough to earn decent money, yet silly enough to waste it on phone games. Perhaps it just proves there is little correlation between intelligence and wealth.
  • Mizake_Mizan
    209 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    PainSaber wrote: »

What possible roi is available in a mobile game. Your monetary investment loses 100% of its value the second you buy digital content in any game. Do you even understand the concept of investing? Just asking

Lol, who's a judgemental **** now? You're such a hypocrite.

By the way, since you seem unfamiliar with the concept, there are mobile games where people sell their accounts. For hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. So there can be an ROI. SWGOH is not one of them, however.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Never, never spend money is the most economical way to spend money. Just star your characters, forget about gear and levels, stars are the only thing worth collecting for toons other than your pvp squad. As for raid performance, theres not alot of difference in rewards and you'll be bored and have your pvp squad maxed before you can catch the whales in your guild.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    The time to spend money was over the last month when a justifiable claim to Apple could have seen it rebound to you. The time to spend now is always not yet
  • Options

By the way, since you seem unfamiliar with the concept, there are mobile games where people sell their accounts. For hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. So there can be an ROI. SWGOH is not one of them, however.

Agreed here. I played that terrible game Game of War Fire Age( if you think this game is a moneygrab, which it is but nowhere near the same level) I spent $300 over 2 months, eventually realized if have to spend literally $10.000 a month to have a chance of keeping what if I'd paid for already. I sold my account to a guild member for $600.
    That was a great ROI, not having access to the account anymore was also a huge plus.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i think selling accounts is against the ToS, could be wrong though. I'm not going to plow through the ToS to be certain ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If you ask the devs they'll probably just tell you to go for it.
  • Options
    papnwors wrote: »

Agreed here. I played that terrible game Game of War Fire Age( if you think this game is a moneygrab, which it is but nowhere near the same level) I spent $300 over 2 months, eventually realized if have to spend literally $10.000 a month to have a chance of keeping what if I'd paid for already. I sold my account to a guild member for $600.
    That was a great ROI, not having access to the account anymore was also a huge plus.

I stopped that when i saw it was impossible to compete w/o throwing 1000s monthly, there is no such problem here in GOH not even close even though we are moving into that direction. Honestly i don't think ppl will pay 100$ for a piece of gear, which is coming with time if they do everything with such progressive way they've done so far.